Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

125k Special Episode Discussion Thread: "Abby Road"

(banner by duderocks)

"Abby Road"

Summary:

(episode summary and cast list courtesy of www.erheadquarters.com)

made by irishghost

Videos:

YouTube - Abby Road 1
YouTube - Abby Road 2
YouTube - Abby Road 3
YouTube - Abby Road 4
YouTube - Abby Road 5
YouTube - Abby Road 6

Press clippings:

Quotes:

Carol: You're a med student?
Abby: What can I say? I crossed over to the dark side.

Romano: Why mess with natural selection? Nothing like a good influenza epidemic to thin the herds.

Lucy: Somebody stole my patient...
Greene: Peter, did you steal Lucy's patient?
Benton: Check the lost and found.

Lucy: Rough first day?
Abby: Well, let's just say it's been two years since I had one of these (flashes a cigarette).

Abby
: I used to work in O.B., and up there I would deliver a baby, and then I would deliver a baby, and then I would deliver a baby. And today, I was puked on, spit at, bit, and then I tricked a psychotic woman, and then I almost killed a guy.

Trivia
:

• This is the 125th episode of ER.
  • This is Maura Tierney's second episode on ER, but her first episode as a series regular. She would remain on the series for the next 187 episodes.
  • All 13 series regulars appear in this episode, and along with the Season 6 episodes "Be Still My Heart" and "All in the Family" this episode has the most credited main cast series regulars of the entire series.

Last edited by I'm Not Dead; 03-03-2011 at 04:17 AM
Old 03-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

I hope we can get everyone to participate in this thread.

I love Abby Road for the obvious reasons: Maura joined the cast full-time and two of my favourite ER cast-members (Maura and Julianna) got to interact again after some nice moments in "Great Expectations". I'm so happy that Carol and Abby overlapped on ER, although for far too short a time.

This episode is also a favourite of mine because Abby and Luka meet for the first time!

The scene between Abby and Lucy on the roof at the end if really bittersweet because of what happens to Lucy in the next two episodes. These two characters seemed to click right away and I think Lucy, as a 4th year medical student, would have been a good friend for Abby as she learned the ropes of the ER as a 3rd year medical student.

How about Luka and Carol's patient's mother trying to poison him?? So disturbing, but I thought it was kinda funny how Abby is thrown into the deep end with the plot to expose the mother on her first day.

Of course, no ER episode is complete without a classic Romano moment and I absolutely love the moment in this episode when he passes out in the OR and Peter just steps up and carries on with the surgery.

Seeing Elizabeth's mum is always a treat, so I'm glad she popped up in this episode.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

I just found out that the episode aired on Maura's birthday.

I think you just stated all of my favorite moments in that episode.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just found out that the episode aired on Maura's birthday.
So it did!! I was wondering why the date looked familiar.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Cleo's monotone drone didn't change, as always.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Elite Fan

I did like the Cleo/Mark basketball scene in this episode. Michael was pretty skilled!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

I just wished her skills in showing emotion were something like her basketball skills.

Abby sure had a hell of a time on the ER.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Total Fan

The storyline with the mother making her son sick was great. I remember I saw this episode in a re-run before I got into ER and that storyline was why I didn't change the channel I wanted to know what was going to happen
Old 03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Great episode! Funniest scene for me was when Carol was complaining about med students two minutes long while walking with Abby and afterwards finding out that Abby is a med student too

I liked the stoyline about the mother who made her son sick, too. When I first saw that episode, I didn't expect her to do this!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Total Fan

I love the look on Carol's face when Abby tells her she's a med student

I just finished watching the episode, I had forgotten that everyone was sick!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I love the look on Carol's face when Abby tells her she's a med student
Haha!! "What can I say, I crossed over to the dark side!". Carol looked so repulsed.

Quote:
I just finished watching the episode, I had forgotten that everyone was sick!
Classic line from Malucci about it "coming out both ends"
Old 03-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Total Fan

I like how Kerry wouldn't let him go home, but then she ended up going home
Old 03-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Elite Fan

I forgot about her going home..

By the way, I think we should paraphrase Abby's quote ("today, I was puked on, spit at, bit, and then I tricked a psychotic woman, and then I almost killed a guy") for the next General Discussion thread title.

Also - I made the the film strip of screencaps on my iPhone using an app called Camera+. It was something I had never tried before, but I think it came out pretty well! Ideally I'd love to do film strips for every episode. 330+ episodes? That should only take a few decades.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't remember that much of the episode (But I will see the youtube clips) but this it's one of my favs because is where Abby meets Luka

"Tall, dark and handsome"
Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't remember that much of the episode (But I will see the youtube clips) but this it's one of my favs because is where Abby meets Luka
Definitely worth remembering for that reason.