Old 01-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mely:
September 11th
So they commemorated 9/11 by having sex? Lovely. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You have to remember, in ER world it didn't happen - I think it would've been mentioned if they had decided to include that in their show. But as Noah once said, ER doesn't keep up with real life - they never even mentioned the president. The first and I think the only talk of RL events was the Iraqi war.
me too.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, that's true. I forget that. Although things have happened: Susan to Gallant about being in the army in S&L, "With everything that's going on..." and Carter to Luka in Kisangani, "American soldiers died in Iraq" (of course, he could have been talking about the first war, but I doubt it).
Old 01-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True, which kind of had me confused.... because it seems weird for them to not mention 9-11, and then go and do mention the Iraqi war and all.
me too.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I noticed a little thing while rewatching the episode again, I thought it was kinda interesting.

Did anyone else notice after Carter and Kem are greeted by the nurses and such, right before Kem leaves to go upstairs Carter takes off his bracelet and gives it to her. I was curious as to what you people thought his reasons for doing that was.

Was it simply because he was going to be working and didn't want it to get ruined/broken?

Or was it something like he didn't want people to see it (Abby?) and ask him a bunch of questions as to what it is, where its from, whats it for, etc? Since it is kinda personal to him, I could see him not wanting to have to explain it to a bunch of people.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-15-2004, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think it's neither, actually. The bracelet was her father's, and I guess she partly wear it for luck - I think he wanted her to have luck in what is, as far as we know, her first ultrasound.
me too.