Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

OT Thread #7 ~ Tell me there's more than Nick

Old Thread is full So now we get the fun of filling a new one!

Old Thread
Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Gee, when did that happen? Guess i wasn't looking...
Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Had a very busy day today. When I finally got home to relax and have dinner, there was a loud knock at the door and I opened it to find 2 policemen, one of whom had a shotgun in his hand (but not pointed at me, pointed up.)

They were actually looking for my upstairs neighbor. It seems that a troublesome, meddlesome neighbor across the alley had called the police claiming that my upstairs neighbor had a pit-bull which was loose. It turned-out that my neighbor was in the basement in the laundry-room which is why she didn't answer the door when the police went to her door.

She does have a dog which, it turns-out (I didn't know this) is part pit-bull. I was surprised to find that out because Cheyenne is actually quite a sweet dog -- at least as far as I have ever observed. She's been in my apartment to visit, and recognizes me and is always happy to see me. They only let her loose in the back yard (which is fenced) when they are there with her.

It turns out that there is a city ordinance (with a $3500 fine) for having a pit-bull loose in the yard unless the yard has a six-foot fence with poles set in concrete, or is on a leash six-feet or shorter.

The thing is -- my neighbor is probably in violation of that ordinance -- actually, I guess she definitely is -- but so are probably 6000 people in this city. The police don't bother with them unless there is an incident or someone files a complaint, and there's the rub. The neighbor in question has made anti-gay remarks within earshot of the women upstairs. I've never had a direct run-in with them but I'm pretty sure they are the ones that called the police complaining that I was parking my cars in parking-spaces which were not up-to-code (They can't be gravel or wood chips, they have to be concrete.) I've ended-up parking my cars on the street which pisses me off because THE FIRST requirement I insisted-on when I rented this apartment was off-street parking. Of course, once I had moved in and discovered that the parking-spots were illegal, I wasn't inclined to move again -- it cost a small fortune to move here in the first place -- I couldn't afford just to move again. Now I have to move both cars every day (alternate side overnight parking) and pay $40 a year for a parking permit and it just pisses me off because that is exactly why I insisted on off-street parking to begin with.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was the same *********** neighbor who complained about that.

Now I am seriously considering whether I want to move. The movers will cost at least $1500, but I need to figure-out if it is worth it. I truly think these neighbors are harassing the women because they are Lesbians, and they will probably try to harass us next.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

*sigh* Sorry to hear about all the troubles. I'm sure it was quite a shock to see two cops at the door.
As for the Pit-Bulls...my grandfather had two of them and they were the sweetest dogs. I used to wrestle with them and I was never once bitten. But then with all that Vick crap and recently I heard on the news around here where a woman's own Pit Bulls killed her, I can see where people get scared of them. But I, however, don't have that fear. Rotwillers, Dobermins, German Shepards, etc are just as dangerous but they don't have the rep that Pits do *sigh* IMO - One has to remember that dogs are animals, not humans. Their deep survival instincts can come out at any time. Respect them and treat them well, there should be little problem.

Ok, off my soapbox

Been a quiet weekend here. Got some promos done, a little organization (much needed), and the YANKEES won tonight!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Yankees? I know they're not a soccer team. Are they Football or Hockey?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, my that situation just reeks! It sounds that it'll be better if you move, but I do know how expensive it'll be.

And the Yankees = baseball!!

Beyond the Realm of Fiction
Icon based on the banner made by Fehrbaby.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icalynn (View Post)
...And the Yankees = baseball!!
I may have heard that somewhere. That is, the part where the Yankees think that they are baseball.

Yankees=baseball

Some disagree...
Old 10-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

I can't say either way! *g*

Old 10-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Well -- here I am after all. I left Milwaukdee at 4:30 this AM and drove 700 miles. I am at a hotel somewhere along route 80 called DuBois PA. It turns-out that the have wireless internet here, but THEY provide a free wireless adapter for your computer if you just ask. The adapter works just fine with my poor old iBook; I just plugged it into the Ethernet port and a USB port and I was on the 'net in less than 30 seconds.

Of course, I didjn't say it was particularly fast... I'm used to a high-speed cable connection and waiting for pagesto load on this connection is like having a tooth pulled...

Anyhoo... I post a few and then I have to go to bed so I can drive another 6-8 hours tomorrow...

PS: Look for lots of spelling errors because I never could get used to this laptop keyboard.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Aah, Alex. Be safe on your journey I'm glad that you were able to get a little net time as you unwound from that long drive.

And hey...just cuz the Yankees really sucked the other night and got kicked out of the playoffs doesn't mean they aren't still the best team to be a fan of (okay...you got me. I'm more of a fan of their tight tushes and my Jeter boy )
Old 10-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Have a safe journey! We got your back!!

Bad news on this end.... last night was my first of three at work, and they've blocked this website plus a lot of the other ones I used to visit on my down time. Which sucks, cause it gives me even less time to post here!

And I so need to get ready for work.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, that really sucks, Ica Many workplaces are blocking a lot of sites and putting strict restrictions on the net use *sigh* Just make sure you stop by and say hi before you head to in the mornings
Old 10-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

And their reasoning? Is because some people are dl'd games and corrupting the system!

The page at the moment says it's just temporary, but I doubt it. *sigh*

Old 10-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

*crossing fingers that it's only temporary*
Old 10-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Guess we'll find out for sure next week when I work.