Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Kyle Valenti's Journal ~ #1 On the Run

Entry #1...
We've been on the run from the FBI for a month and a half. I think we've lost them...for now. This was Liz's idea. For us to all keep journals while we travel. An outlet for our emotions and a way to keep a record of our lives on the road. I didn't want to do this but well... I've found that once Elizabeth Parker has an idea in her mind, she doesn't let go easily. Especially when she's back by her alien powers. I don't know where this will lead, but I'm sure it will be a heck of a ride.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

Entry # 2...

It's been a week since I've written in this thing. I'm still getting use to the whole put your emotions down. We've been driving south, stopping for breaks here and there. But all I see is a vast distance. It should scare me. But I feel so free...happy for once.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Entry No. 3

I really think we made a clean getaway from Roswell -- no one seems to be tailing us as far as we can tell, and we are really careful to pay attention to that. It feels good to let-go of looking over my shoulder all the time. I did that in Roswell just because I knew the secret -- especially after Jesse's little brush with the FBI. I can't imagine how it must have been for the "Pod Squad" all these years. Anyway, everyone's beginning to relax and is much more pleasant to travel with these days. I'm even beginning to think that Guerin and I are going to get along -- at least I hope so. Today, he actually lauged at a wisecrack I made instead of just looking confused or disgusted as he usually does. Now if only he didn't always make me feel like he suspected me of something...
Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Entry #4

The high and mighty 'King' *roll eyes* has decided that we are far enough away from Roswell that we can stop for a few days. I will be so happy to be out of this van even if it's for a day. I want to smell the air without the stench of BO or girly smell. However, thinking that I'd actually get to sleep in a lumpy motel room that night we stop at a campground, but it's better than sleeping while someone is driving. I'll gladly leave the van to the couples while I take a sleeping bag and enjoy the night air and wooded canopy. Easy right? I can only hope...
Old 05-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

I thought that I would get away from the group and have a litle peace and quiet -- time to myself. Instead, wherever I put down my sleeping bag, Max and Michael are there with their bags and the girls right behind them. I moved twice and both times Max and Michael found a reason to move too. It's like they don't trust me out of their sight or something. I haven't done anything to cause them to not trust me. I've kept their secret, haven't I -- even better than Liz? I don't know what this is all about...
Old 05-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Entry # 6

I am so angry right now, I over heard the "royal group" talking about me today. They think that I'm going to freak and call the FBI when my powers come into play, that's why they've been following me about. Bless Liz she stood up for me, she's always done that. I'm not going to snap, I know Liz will help me through it, and Isabelle is a great friend to me. I would never do anything to hurt them.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Entry #7...

I confronted Max today about what I overheard yesterday. I allowed myself to calm down, knowing that nothing will accomplished if I went to him in anger. Been there, done that one. So...I waited until Max was alone (which is hard to do *shaking head* ) and took the opportunity and approached. I asked him if we could go for a walk. I could tell he was uneasy by the way he looked over at Michael who was completely into making out with Maria, but he sighed (like it was a big deal) and nodded. I don't know why he was frightened of me. He's the one with the alien powers, not me.

There was a hiking trail near our campsite so I lead him that way... ~Buddha save me, but I've got to get some food in my stomach. I'll continue what happened in my next entry later. ~
Old 05-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

I gotta admit one thing. No matter how annoying he is -- and he is annoying -- Guerin *can* cook. It's not fancy, but it's easily edible and sometimes even good.

Back to Max: We walked in silence for a short distance while I searched for exactly the right words. I wanted to confront him, but I didn't want to piss him off -- just to make him see what he was doing. Typically, when we spoke, it was simultaneously. Max deferred to me and I was thrown a little off balance by his speaking at the same time as me and all my planned and polished words suddenly evaporated. I blurted out, "Why are you treating me like an enemy spy in your camp? I've been absolutely loyal to keeping your secret and done nothing but be supportive for the last year-and-a-half since I found out about you, and I've never done anything to bring attention to you. I don't deserve this."

Max looked shocked for a moment or two -- as if he hadn't expected this (what *had* he expected me to say??) When he finally spoke, he looked me right in the face for a change instead of staring at the gound as he usually does. "You're right, you haven't done anything to deserve it. You've been nothing but loyal from the beginning even though you have every reason in this world to hate us, or at least to resent what knowing about us has cost you and taken from your life. That's kind-of what has us worried. I know that your roots in Roswell go back a long way -- much farther in fact than anyone else in the group. Your family has been in Roswell for generations and now you're on the run and it's doubtful that you'll get back to Roswell any time soon, if ever. Liz has told us that you've never traveled -- never been east of the Mississippi, and never really expressed an interest in being anywhere but New Mexico. Now, here we are travelling hundreds, even thousands of miles, day after day, and you haven't bitched or moaned or complained at all -- not even once. We know that it's gotta be killing you inside and yet you haven't let yourself expose one regret. We're afraid that if you keep holding it all in, you're going to snap one day soon and we don't have any idea what that could mean to... to all of us. You're so secretive about it and we're afraid that if you snap, you'll do something to let it all out at once and we don't know what you would do. We've been dogging you so that we can be sure that someone is near you if you begin to break -- not just to protect ourselves, that's a part of it, but also to support and protect you when you begin to come to grips with this. Kyle, you and I haven't always seen eye-to-eye on things, and I know that this is hard to believe because of that, but we care about you; *I* care about you and I just want to be able to support you if and when you need it. That's all -- I swear."
Old 05-22-2006, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

I couldn't help but stare at Max, wide eyed and mouth open type of stare. He's right, he and I have never truly seen eye to eye with the exception of protecting those we cared about.

I look at Max and sigh. "Liz is right. I've not traveled much and I had little intention to do so, but things are different. And I'm not going to lose it, have a break down, or whatever you want to call it. I'm adjusting, however if you don't give me time to myself I might end up hurting someone. OK?"

I never had trouble confronting Max. It was something I'd done for years, but this time as I waited, I was more anxious than ever to see how he would respond.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

His reaction surprised me more than I can say. After staring at me blankly for a moment, Max actually smiled then stepped closer to me and put his arms around me and hugged me really tight. I could feel his breath on my neck as he whispered. "OK, I trust you, I trust you..."

He held me tightly like that for a few more moments and I felt really embarrassed because I didn;t know *what* to do. Suddenly he let go. He wasn't smiling anymore as he said, "I'll talk to the others -- I can't make any promises for them -- but I will encourage them to give you your space. I only ask that you come to one of us first if you find yourself having trouble coping with this... with anything, OK?" Then he turned and left. He was as good as his word that evening -- I didn't see him again until the next morning.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Entry #8...

Well Max was good to his word. He talked to the others and they have been giving me some space but I still caught Michael watching me though he was trying not to make it obvious. I understand his distrust, it has been hard for him to accept all of us but it seems to be hardest for him to accept me.

We are also on the road again, in search of a place to settle down for a little while. The big argument as we are going down the road is whether we would be safer in a big city or a small nothing of a town. It will be a few days before we decide, but I'm sure that it will be an interesting debate....
Old 05-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

In fact, we were so busy debating that we didn't see the police car when we sped past it. Isabel was driving and she saw it immediately in the rear-view mirror. In most cars that would cause a groan, but in our van it caused a total panic.

Michael's first resonse was (of course) "Run for it!"

Fortunately, Izzy didn't listen to him and began to pull-over. "Everybody shut-up an let me handle this!" Izzy commanded.

"Listen, he might..." Max tried to object.

"I mean it -- shut up! Nobody say a word, especially not you, Max!" Izzy was adamant. We all complied. She pulled the van to the curb and began to roll-down the window.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

If I ever doubted the powers of persuation that Isabel Evans had over men... it died right then. She flashed her 'innocent yet sexy poor me' smile at the officer and he didn't know what hit him. The officer practically ignored us just to get a longer look at her using her womanly wiles. *sigh and shake my head* I can only imagine the disapproving look both Alex and Jesse would be giving if either of them were there at the time.

We all let out a sigh of relief when he said we could go. We were very lucky that he didn't even run our tag...which is a good thing seeing as it was a made up one. And truthfully, I don't remember even what story Isabel gave the poor man, since I too was enchanted by her charms. Well, that was another disaster avoided.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

Oh yeah! Now it comes back to me -- Izzy told the officer that we were a van-load of emotionally disturbed teens and that she was our counselor and in a hurry to get us to our therapy. I couldn't decide whether to laugh or be insulted because the officer bought it. Maybe he was looking at Guerin! <ha ha!>

As soon as we hit the road again our argument resumed about whether we would go to a rural area or to a city. Finally, Liz offered a comprimise; we would try each for 3 weeks and the make a decision after we had experienced the environment and the risks. Guerin and Max played "Rock, Scissors, Paper" to decide which we would try first and Guerin won, so it was 'city' first.

We then got out the maps so we could argue knowledgable about which city -- for the next two hours.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Entry #9...

Well, it's finally decided...we go to a big city. We are hoping that we can blend in easily and find jobs that pay under the table. With the hybrid's powers it will be easy to fake our age or some paperwork. Now, it will take another few hours to decided which city *holding head in hands*