Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Happy Thanksgiving! ~ Too much turkey?

Hello to everyone! Just thought I'd open this thread and see what everyone did for Thanksgiving. Those of us in the US that is.

So feel free to let us in on what happened on this day of Thanks. Did you eat too much turkey? Did you watch football all day? Go see relatives? Or maybe just spent a quiet day at home without all the hussle and bussle.

Oh, and don't forget that Friday is BLACK FRIDAY! I personally hate the day and usually stay home (never seem to have money the day after Thanksgiving ) But really, I dislike the crowds, pushing, shoving, and when you get to a store for a sale, the merchandise is gone. But hey...that's just me

Old 11-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

To our friends in the United States who are celebrating
a
NATIONAL DAY OF THANKSGIVING

May your day be filled with:

Loving family,
good friends,
good food,
and heartfelt thankfulness.

Happy Thanksgiving

Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it!

Oh, we so should have done a Thanksgiving-themed fan art challenge! I'm currently stroking my chin about what to draw for a similar Mutant X fanart contest I'm participating in over at Livejournal. And it's making me hungry! At least, I think my hunger's the cause of this drool, but then again it could be the thought of the guys I'll be drawing!

PS - what's Black Friday all about?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Ah...For those of you who are not familiar with "Black Friday" it's basically the hottest shopping day of the entire year. It is the day after Thanksgiving when all those stores have those 4 hour sales and such.

I honestly hate shopping on that day. People are pushing, pulling, fighting, and mean that day. So, I stay home. To heck with the money I MIGHT save on something
Old 11-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Duh...I forgot to make a little know as to what I'm doing for Thanksgiving...

My husband is smoking chicken. I'll make up some rice and bread along with a pumpkin pie and some ice cream for dessert. Not the traditional Thanksgiving this year, but I'm with my husband and kids. We have food, our bills are paid, and we have a roof over our heads along with our health. What else could we ask for?

Oh, and our neighbors are insisting that we go and eat with them too I'll be gaining 10 lbs just today
Old 11-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Well -- today I cooked -- first time in a few years that it has just been the two of us, and, of course I overestimated the amount of food.

I went to church first thing this AM so when I got home I put together a plate of fresh-boiled shrimp, smoked oysters, gargonzola and crackers to tide us over until I got dinner ready. I could have (should have) stopped there -- that was enough, but I wan't smart enough to relize that.

I was smart enough not to plan a whole turkey -- just a couple of breast tenderloins (very lean -- healthy) and a couple of thighs (not so lean -- not so healthy -- but I like dark meat.) Cooked the turkey parts over a sage and apple dressing. Some candied yams -- no marshmallows, just butter (the kind without transfats) and raw sugar, dinner rolls (from a package -- I'm lazy about baking,) fresh green-beans sauted with portobello mushrooms and garlic in olive oil, and an old-fashoned corn-pudding to round-out the menu. Forgot to buy the cranberries I had them on my list and they were right by the door at the store, but I just walked right past them... D'uh!

There's a pumpkin pie (from the bakery -- I told you I'm lazy about baking) and whipped cream and/or ice cream for dessert, but we were too full for dessert, so that will come later this evening. Bur-r-r-r-r-r-p!!! Oh! Excuse me!!!!

I even got out an antique linen tablecloth, Great-Grandmother's china, crystal stemware, and the good silver. That annoyed my partner because I do all the cooking and he does all the washing-up, and the good silver, stemware and china have to be hand-washed -- I don't permit them in the dishwasher.

He's pretty good about doing that once or twice a year as long as I help with the dishes. I guess that's fair as he helps with the cooking by staying out of the kitchen!!

Time now for a nap... I'll probably wake-up sometime next week. ...and, trust me, there will still be leftovers...
Old 11-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Happy Thanksgiving!

hehe ... the servers were obviously out of synch earlier.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Happy Thanksgiving!

hehe ... the servers were obviously out of synch earlier.
Oops! 6 posts -- or, six times the same post. I couldn't figure-out what the H#$% was goin' on...

Well -- I guess one of the administrators will tell me what to do about that at some point...
Old 11-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

I just thought that all the food you ate got to you I know I'm still stuffed. And yes...I've still got loads of leftovers also. *sigh*

I did a soft delete to those posts Alex...but was unable to do a hard one. Maybe Chris can manage that
Old 11-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Obviously one of your moderators has had an overdose of Tryptophan and needs to be looked-after. Fortunately, the co-moderator is right on the ball and saved the day !!
Old 11-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I don't like to step on any toes, usually duplicate posts are left for the mods to soft delete, but since you asked ...
Old 11-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
I don't like to step on any toes, usually duplicate posts are left for the mods to soft delete, but since you asked ...
Huh? Magik is one of the moderators of this board...

I'm so confused...
Old 11-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Chris It just makes the thread look better ( I like neatness )

Last edited by magikhands1; 11-24-2006 at 07:27 PM
Old 11-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmmm... sounds like Thanksgiving was fun! You can never have too much good food!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:54 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I agree! Especially on holidays when there's all kinds of yummy things you don't have every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkyleshpr (View Post)
Huh? Magik is one of the moderators of this board...
Yes she is. I meant that's why I just made a comment about the duplicate posts and left them alone.

Soft delete leaves a record of the post. I can make them totally disappear.

You're welcome Chris.