Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

GUESTS ::: Why don't you post? Tell us?

As co-moderators of the NICK WECHSLER BOARD we often notice that there are guests among us -- sometimes 5 or more at a time -- yet often you leave no trace -- no record of your visit here.

We wonder why that is -- why you don't post?

Can you tell us:

1. Why do you visit the board but choose not to post?

2. Is there something we could do to encourage you to post?

3. Do you have any comments about the board or is there anything you think we should know?

We thank you very much for your input
Chris & Alex, co-moderators

Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!
Old 09-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Total Fan

You know, it could just be posters that aren't signed in, and they want to see what's going on, and if there's something, they can sign in.

But I think it's strictly up them of whether or not they want to join and post with us. If they want to join, they can certainly do that, but this thread makes it sound like they absolutely have to respond and tell us why they just mainly lurk. Give them a break.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

I have no desire to coerce anyone who doesn't want to post into posting. We are just curious why so many people are interested enough to visit here but then leave no posts behind. We want to know if we can make the Board more attractive or interesting to them. I have seen as many as 15 guests here at one time and not one post. That baffles me

If you feel like telling us why you visit but choose not to post, we would be grateful -- no pressure, just curiosity.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

I understand your concern joe... but like Alex said, it's curiosity. I too have seen lots of guests on this forum and wonder about it. I think we were hoping that some would 'delurk' and let us know what we can do to make this board better and attract members. We have no desire to make people post, we are just looking out for the board and trying to make this a great place to be where people can come and have fun.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

So, you've finally snapped huh, Alex? I have the feeling that this little quirk has been bugging you for a while...
Old 09-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicellious (View Post)
So, you've finally snapped huh, Alex? I have the feeling that this little quirk has been bugging you for a while...
You're not wrong...
Old 09-12-2006, 03:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh my god, look at those eyes! He's totally lost it! Quick, the only cure is a mass de-lurking of our special 'guests'!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

That's too
Old 09-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Total Fan

To me, I believe the board is both is interesting and attractive. I understand you're curious as to why the guests don't post, but maybe they're show, it just enjoying looking another. I know that once out of a blue on the role-playing board we'll get one of the lurkers who actually posted and wanted to join in on the role-playing.

To me, it takes time for the poster to become comfortable before they'll actually post. Keep in mind that some of the lurkers or guests could member could be members that haven't signed themselves in, but that's just my theory.

I wouldn't let the issue get the better of you though. Cause there's really no telling when they'll post, so be patient and when they're ready to post, they will.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

This thread hs been topped for 10 days now and there is not a single post from a "guest" so i guess this isn't going to help us find out anything. I'll leave the thread active on the unlikely chance that someone actually does want to post an answer someday, but I am un-sticking it from the top.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:18 AM
Loyal Fan

It's an international conspiracy I tell you!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

The managers have (temporarly) removed the feature on the board which tells us how many people are viewing at a given time and how many are "guests."

...at least it won't bug me for a while...
Old 09-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Good idea for a thread Alex. I know that I lurked at the Young Americans board for almost 3 months before gathering the nerve to join and post. Obviously I'm not so shy around here any more. Once I did start posting, it was a little weird because I felt that I knew all the regulars, and felt comfortable with them while they of course had absolutely no idea who I was.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

I completely get what you are saying Chris. I felt the same. I don't know how long I lurked here (and other forums ) before finally getting the courage to post. Now look at me I post all the time here
Old 09-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Maybe we should have a special thread for lurkers where they could just post something like, "I was here, now I'm gone"