Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2020, 05:39 PM
  #241
Fan Forum Star

 
broken crown's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 179,201
They almost look like the Scooby Gang...both the real version and the Buffy version.
__________________
"If you ever want to talk about anything, I' m h e r e."
"I really appreciate that."
...Ace & Nancy...
broken crown is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 05:47 PM
  #242
Fan Forum Hero

 
fall like stars's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 59,011
It does!!
__________________
I could fly to the stars, I could die in your arms
Racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60
All I see is red with the devil in the district
Running out of time
I just gotta drive till I figure how to fix this
fall like stars is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 05:53 PM
  #243
Fan Forum Star

 
broken crown's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 179,201


Poor sad Nancy... Good thing Ace was there to cheer her up a bit!


I also read a comment somewhere else that Nancy has to heal from her trauma first, but when she does Ace will be right there.

I TRULY hope they are developing something slow and sweet and soft between them. There's no need to rush...but there's no real need to drag it out more than you should. It's all about ~balance.
__________________
"If you ever want to talk about anything, I' m h e r e."
"I really appreciate that."
...Ace & Nancy...
broken crown is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 05:57 PM
  #244
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 143,636
Balance is the key. Another season and half max imo. Longer makes people lose interest.
ds44 is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 06:04 PM
  #245
Fan Forum Star

 
broken crown's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 179,201
Definitely by the end of Season 2...because you're right...if you wait too long...it gets ridiculous. Either do it right or don't both.

The ideal scenario would be that she leans on him with all her trauma and they become close friends; the person she trusts the most. They start working more cases together (maybe for Carson's firm) and brings about questioning of feelings and people commenting on it. Nancy would be in a knowing "denial" and Ace wouldn't push her. That's when you bring in external factors like family drama and/or supernatural drama to try to push things to happen.
__________________
"If you ever want to talk about anything, I' m h e r e."
"I really appreciate that."
...Ace & Nancy...
broken crown is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 06:17 PM
  #246
Fan Forum Hero

 
fall like stars's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 59,011
I hate when shows drag things out for too long. It just gets tiring and repetitive. The ship loses momentum and fans lose interest.

I have a good feeling that’s not what’s going to happen here with Nancy\Ace.
__________________
I could fly to the stars, I could die in your arms
Racing in my mind, doing 100 in a 60
All I see is red with the devil in the district
Running out of time
I just gotta drive till I figure how to fix this
fall like stars is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 06:21 PM
  #247
Fan Forum Star

 
broken crown's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 179,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by fall like stars (View Post)
I hate when shows drag things out for too long. It just gets tiring and repetitive. The ship loses momentum and fans lose interest.

I have a good feeling that’s not what’s going to happen here with Nancy\Ace.
Yeah exactly. There's so many ships that have been ruined because for some reason they don't want to go there yet. It's so weird.

And then you have other teen shows that will just run through ships like water and ruin any change of organic storytelling.

I have been screwed over so many times with ships that I don't even remember the last time I got endgame...and I'm serious...or even cared they were endgame.

I can see such a brilliant, organic storyline with Nancy/Ace that I really hope the writers don't mess it up. It's like right there...you can do it! It's okay.

[and no I don't think they are ultimately meant to be platonic. When you have that kind of chemistry? Please! You don't squander it. Besides, Ace already has Bess as his plantachor...and Nancy needs someone that will be her FRIEND and her LOVE INTEREST. Friends to lovers is a classic for a reason. The girl needs to slow down and heal first though.]
__________________
"If you ever want to talk about anything, I' m h e r e."
"I really appreciate that."
...Ace & Nancy...
broken crown is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 06:30 PM
  #248
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 143,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by fall like stars (View Post)
I hate when shows drag things out for too long. It just gets tiring and repetitive. The ship loses momentum and fans lose interest.

I have a good feeling that’s not what’s going to happen here with Nancy\Ace.
*cough* Harvey and Donna. Like 8 seasons really guys?
ds44 is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 06:47 PM
  #249
Fan Forum Star

 
broken crown's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 179,201
You're right about that...jeez.

Also, Bellamy/Clarke on The 100 will probably never get together because the showrunner sees them as "platonic" which is bizarre (I stopped watching in Season 2 but still keep tabs on the fandom)...and Liz/Ressler on The Blacklist...which is going on Season 8...and they still won't really commit even though she called him her "little island of calm" which is basically "I love you" at this point.


I just want to see a happy medium with ships.

If you're going to do them...do it organically. They did a good job with Nick/George. They DID NOT do a good job with Nick/Nancy. They need to give Ace/Nancy the classic friends/partners to lovers storyline. Nancy has A LOT of trauma to work out and she should be in therapy...but unfortunately I doubt she could be honest with a therapist considering she couldn't reveal her parentage.

So, she needs someone who already knows what's going on and that person is Ace. It was already set up in the finale. After the stuff with Aglaeca, Nancy goes to Ace and just spills her guts and finally has that good long cry. After that, they start to get closer as friends. She helps him with his hacking problems (that will inevitably come back to bite him) and then they start working together for Carson and/or on other supernatural cases. They spend a lot of time together and learn things about each other. Other people notice how close they are. There's some denial on Nancy's part, but Ace just stays enigmatic and doesn't push. Then something big inevitably happens and the feelings can't be denied anymore.

But remember...just because two characters kiss...doesn't mean they're getting together. They can play around with it for a while...just as long as it's not TOO LONG. I would really love to see them eventually as boyfriend/girlfriend. He is PERFECT for her. She's so hotly wired and and he's just so cool and can calm her down. He also knows how to go with the flow and he possesses the only skill she doesn't (hacking). And she's perfect for him because she gives him purpose with the cases and someone who he can be himself with. It seems crystal clear to me...but what do I know?
__________________
"If you ever want to talk about anything, I' m h e r e."
"I really appreciate that."
...Ace & Nancy...
broken crown is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 06:53 PM
  #250
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 143,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
You're right about that...jeez.

Also, Bellamy/Clarke on The 100 will probably never get together because the showrunner sees them as "platonic" which is bizarre (I stopped watching in Season 2 but still keep tabs on the fandom)...and Liz/Ressler on The Blacklist...which is going on Season 8...and they still won't really commit even though she called him her "little island of calm" which is basically "I love you" at this point.


I just want to see a happy medium with ships.

If you're going to do them...do it organically. They did a good job with Nick/George. They DID NOT do a good job with Nick/Nancy. They need to give Ace/Nancy the classic friends/partners to lovers storyline. Nancy has A LOT of trauma to work out and she should be in therapy...but unfortunately I doubt she could be honest with a therapist considering she couldn't reveal her parentage.

So, she needs someone who already knows what's going on and that person is Ace. It was already set up in the finale. After the stuff with Aglaeca, Nancy goes to Ace and just spills her guts and finally has that good long cry. After that, they start to get closer as friends. She helps him with his hacking problems (that will inevitably come back to bite him) and then they start working together for Carson and/or on other supernatural cases. They spend a lot of time together and learn things about each other. Other people notice how close they are. There's some denial on Nancy's part, but Ace just stays enigmatic and doesn't push. Then something big inevitably happens and the feelings can't be denied anymore.

But remember...just because two characters kiss...doesn't mean they're getting together. They can play around with it for a while...just as long as it's not TOO LONG. I would really love to see them eventually as boyfriend/girlfriend. He is PERFECT for her. She's so hotly wired and and he's just so cool and can calm her down. He also knows how to go with the flow and he possesses the only skill she doesn't (hacking). And she's perfect for him because she gives him purpose with the cases and someone who he can be himself with. It seems crystal clear to me...but what do I know?
I agree with all of this. They kind of remind me of Castle/Beckett. With one of them being kinda aloof and stoic while the other is more wound tightly mostly due to trauma. I think Nancy needs time to work through it all, but in the meantime I would love to see them working cases together and just having some moment that am up the tension.
ds44 is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 06:57 PM
  #251
Fan Forum Star

 
broken crown's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 179,201
Quote:
They kind of remind me of Castle/Beckett.
Yeah when they were good...not when BTS drama ruined them.

But man..Castle/Beckett took 4 years to kiss. That's too long for the CW! unless you are Jason Rothenberg.
__________________
"If you ever want to talk about anything, I' m h e r e."
"I really appreciate that."
...Ace & Nancy...
broken crown is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 07:05 PM
  #252
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 143,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Yeah when they were good...not when BTS drama ruined them.

But man..Castle/Beckett took 4 years to kiss. That's too long for the CW! unless you are Jason Rothenberg.
yeah that is too long, but I don't really count season 1/2 as in I don't think either really realized anything till the end of that season. But, yeah I hate what the bts stuff did to the show. I stopped watching in season 7 anyway.
I would like to see baby steps/small moments and lots of hugs. I love hugs.
ds44 is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 07:07 PM
  #253
Fan Forum Star

 
broken crown's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 179,201
Quote:
I would like to see baby steps/small moments and lots of hugs. I love hugs.
Yes...I REALLY want the spilling her guts scene to have a big hug at the end. Nancy needs more hugs and Ace looks like a good hugger (especially with THOSE ARMS)
__________________
"If you ever want to talk about anything, I' m h e r e."
"I really appreciate that."
...Ace & Nancy...
broken crown is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 07:09 PM
  #254
Fan Forum Star

 
ds44's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 143,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Yes...I REALLY want the spilling her guts scene to have a big hug at the end. Nancy needs more hugs and Ace looks like a good hugger (especially with THOSE ARMS)


I loved your sorta smutty fic on tumblr. It was cute.
ds44 is offline  
Old 05-28-2020, 07:13 PM
  #255
Fan Forum Star

 
broken crown's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
 
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 179,201
Thanks!

They are just so much fun to write. I have a couple more fics in the pipeline that I hope to finish soon.


Wish some of the lurkers would come out of hiding. There's 14 guests in the forum right now...probably reading what I'm writing.

It's okay guys...we're SUPER friendly. Please come out and let's see/hear some opinions!
__________________
"If you ever want to talk about anything, I' m h e r e."
"I really appreciate that."
...Ace & Nancy...
broken crown is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2020, Fan Forum.


TEST