Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So beautiful Susan!

I agree about the library scenes. I'm so looking forward to my rewatch.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 06-02-2020, 11:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Thanks!

When do you plan on doing your rewatch?
Old 06-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, very soon. Maybe this week sometime.
I know better
Old 06-02-2020, 01:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Wow that soon huh? That's great! I hope you'll post your thoughts on the board.

We're going to be doing a board rewatch soon. IDK when...I have to work out the math. 18 episodes=18 weeks. I want to make sure it spans practically the entire hiatus. I'm just going to retop the discussion threads and people can add their new thoughts in it...and it'll stay that way for a week. I'm guessing probably Wednesdays since that's the day the show airs.

I rewatch parts of episodes all the time because of giffing. I still haven't gotten to everything I want to get to...so it's a long process.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, this week or week...we'll see! I just really want to get started on my own personal rewatch to see the details I missed especially early on.

That sounds awesome! I would join in on that rewatch too since it'll be over a longer period of time. It'll be fun.
I know better
Old 06-02-2020, 01:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Yes, this week or week...we'll see! I just really want to get started on my own personal rewatch to see the details I missed especially early on.
It's definitely fun! You pick up all the mystery strands early and you also know what certain characters are aware of as their personal plots unfold.

Not to mention...you see how the writers attempt to fix their early character/relationship mistakes...and they do a decent job in a relatively short amount of time.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I'm excited to see all of that. I barely remember the pilot right now.
I know better
Old 06-02-2020, 06:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Well...you might want to adjust your expectations. It's only okay...even after rewatching it a few times. It doesn't really even grow on you. The show is just so different now with how it treats certain characters and relationships. They mystery was always good though.

Shu- (if you are out there): Did you know Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage co-wrote the pilot with the series creator? I'm assuming it was only to help the show get picked up, but Thank God they don't write for the show normally!
Old 06-02-2020, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Well...you might want to adjust your expectations. It's only okay...even after rewatching it a few times. It doesn't really even grow on you. The show is just so different now with how it treats certain characters and relationships. They mystery was always good though.

Shu- (if you are out there): Did you know Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage co-wrote the pilot with the series creator? I'm assuming it was only to help the show get picked up, but Thank God they don't write for the show normally!
It’s why I avoided the show like the plague at first. But, maybe they have improved. Runaways was decent and that was josh. It’s Stephanie that worries me. I hope she never writes a word ever again.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I mean I knew they were executive producers, but I only just caught right now...that they co-wrote the pilot. NO WONDER it's so tropey at times...and no wonder about some storyline elements...like the super-cringey beginning with another couple I won't mention. Yikes. Or how they lay it on thick with Ace being the "comic relief" so they can surprise you with "omg he's working for the police". I actually think I thought when I watched the pilot that he was an undercover cop or something. I KNOW! OR how of course!! Ryan and George are having an affair?!!? OR OMG Carson is hooking up with his late wife's bestie?? So glad nearly all of those elements are gone from the show now. It's just takes away from the brilliance of the show.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)

I mean I knew they were executive producers, but I only just caught right now...that they co-wrote the pilot. NO WONDER it's so tropey at times...and no wonder about some storyline elements...like the super-cringey beginning with another couple I won't mention. Yikes. Or how they lay it on thick with Ace being the "comic relief" so they can surprise you with "omg he's working for the police". I actually think I thought when I watched the pilot that he was an undercover cop or something. I KNOW! OR how of course!! Ryan and George are having an affair?!!? OR OMG Carson is hooking up with his late wife's bestie?? So glad nearly all of those elements are gone from the show now. It's just takes away from the brilliance of the show.
It does I cared more about the mystery at firet but even the character beats improved over time.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
It does I cared more about the mystery at first but even the character beats improved over time.
EXACTLY! When I decided to give the show another shot...I decided if anything I was going to watch for the mystery and Kennedy's portrayal of Nancy.

I'm so glad they figured out the character beats...even if it took several episodes at the beginning.

It's also funny to note....that the entire season only takes place over about 5-6 weeks. The pilot starts on August 31st and then the majority of the action takes place in September....ending in early October. The last last 6 episodes take place in less than a week. It's so crazy. I'm hoping more times passes by in Season 2.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes while the early eps are kinda hazy to me, I can tell the show has improved so much from the beginnning compared to the last handful of eps that aired. I always loved the mystery aspect but the overall quality of the character stuff and overall writing has greatly improved.
I know better
Old 06-02-2020, 06:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

You were the one who tried to get me to catch up on Christmas!! You said "the show got really good"? What part were you talking about?
Old 06-02-2020, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, the pilot was just OK, but by episode 9 I was loving it and told you to catch up. That is true. But in hindsight, the last handful of episodes were much better quality than the early episodes. I'd have to do my rewatch to pinpoint when the show really turned it up a notch. But the overall writing and quality of the show just skyrocketed the last couple eps especially. I didn't know the mystery would turn out to be so strong!
I know better
Closed Thread   Post New Thread