Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2020, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

1x10 - "The Mark of the Poisoner's Pearl" Episode Discussion (REWATCH: WEEK 10)

1x10 - "The Mark of the Poisoner's Pearl"
Episode Discussion

JUSTICE
After discovering a connection between the poison that killed Tiffany Hudson and a Horseshoe Bay cold case,
Nancy and the Drew Crew risk their lives to bring a serial killer to justice.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-14-2020, 11:11 PM
Graphics Team

I can't wait!!
Oh think you misspelled Poisoners in the thread title
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Nice to have it back!

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Fixed it.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-15-2020, 10:54 PM
Graphics Team

The ep was good. I hope Nancy can get her dad out of jail soon.

That Claire lady was definitely shady, and now we know why.

I loved all the Drew Crew scenes And good to have them confirm Bess is a Marvin. It was also nice to see Ace back.

I really loved Ace's dad. He seems like a great man.

Why did I get a slight feeling that Ryan wanted to get back with George or something? I had this vibe he was giving off to me.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Bess and Owen are related which means if Nancy and Owen got together and married, Bess and Nancy could be marriage related some day.

Ace's dad.

I wouldn't mind Ryan and George together again... if Ryan would stop being so darn shady.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 08-19-2020, 12:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Welcome to the board re-watch of every Nancy Drew Season 1 episode. We are starting with the Pilot and working our way through to the season 1 finale. I will top a new thread every Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Please watch at your own pace. There's no pressure.

This week's episode will be 1x10: The Mark of the Poisoner's Pearl.

Feel free to leave all your comments, thoughts, changes in opinions.

HAVE FUN!!!
Old 08-22-2020, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Okay I did my rewatch today! I really liked this episode the first time I saw it and it held up really well!
  • Poor Nancy feels so guilty about Carson's arrest And poor Carson is in jail to protect her.
  • I love the Drew Crew looking out for Nancy though.
  • Ace is back yay! "Y'all put my face on a cake" And his hug with Bess
  • The way Ace and Nancy look at each other in that scene. Ugh I've said this so many times but they got so lucky with the chemistry between Alex and Kennedy.
  • John Sander is also back yay!
  • George: you have your own fansite lol
  • Oooo Bess is oficially a Marvin!
  • Nancy cannot resist a mystery and I kind of love it.
  • Ace and Nancy working together yay!
  • It's cute how Ace calls his dad "The Captain"
  • Ace: "My dad doesn't like people much" but he and Nancy seemed to get along
  • Also Ace: "My house can be a bit of a warzone" I wonder if we'll see more of that next season?
  • I love the sign language! And it's awesome that Alex actually learned it.
  • "A wellness retreat" "you mean rehab" lol George
  • It is nice to see Ryan growing a little bit.
  • Nancy figuring out the cipher in the pictures
  • It seems like Thom was a great cop! He cares so much. And Ace checking in on him when he got upset about missing the cipher was really sweet.
  • Nancy making the video dang she is not scared of anything
  • Ryan knows NOTHING about his family history wow
  • Owen checking in on Nancy is kind of sweet. "Most guys might be intimidated by someone who provokes a murder" but who helped her make the video and didn't bat an eye?
  • Nancy is so hesitant to let people help but I love the Drew Crew helping her!
  • Oh it's Celia Hudson the actual scariest thing on the show
  • Ugh schools are weird enough if you drive past in the summer and there's no one there. They're really creepy actually abandoned.
  • Ace: "Hero of Horseshoe Bay, Hero of Horseshoe Bay's friends"
  • Ace calling his dad for help when the doors close and getting to use his hacking skills
  • The video tapes George finds are so creepy. And they did a really good job mixing them with Nancy talking to Claire.
  • The driver's license story was so cute.
  • Clare: "I'm not a psychopath"...sure Jan. She's so creepy.
  • I love Nancy in the spirit world and Lucy being the one to block the light.
  • Nick and George saving Nancy and Ace getting Claire arrested we love to see it.
  • Ace and his dad Thom talking to him when Ace had said that he doesn't really like speaking
  • Bess covering Nancy with the blanket. She's totally the mom friend.
  • Aw I love the Drew Crew looking out for Nancy and having a nice heart to heart about guilt and friendship.
  • "local dishwasher hero of Horseshoe Bay" had me laughing.
  • Nancy and Carson finally talking while Lucy watches. I love how she looks out for Nancy.

I liked this episode a lot! There's not a lot of progress on the main mysteries but I think the side mystery is really well done. And there's lots of Ace x Nancy content, lots of the Drew Crew coming together, and we get to see Ace's dad who is one of my favorite side characters. I think the show had really hit its stride at this point! It's a shame lots of people quit watching after the Pilot.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
The way Ace and Nancy look at each other in that scene. Ugh I've said this so many times but they got so lucky with the chemistry between Alex and Kennedy.
OMG yes....like....IDK what was in the script...but it probably wasn't..."Ace and Nancy look at each other like they want to have crazy, crazy sex".

Quote:
Ace: "My dad doesn't like people much" but he and Nancy seemed to get along
You're absolutely right! He likes "The Hero of Horseshoe Bay"!

Quote:
Also Ace: "My house can be a bit of a warzone" I wonder if we'll see more of that next season?
Yeah...who is causing the warzone? Hmmmmmmmm. I wonder if there's arguing about Ace's "career" path?

Quote:
but who helped her make the video and didn't bat an eye?
No one I know... LOL but seriously...he may have not necessarily agreed...but he helped Nancy anyway.

Quote:
Oh it's Celia Hudson the actual scariest thing on the show
YES!!!

Quote:
I think the show had really hit its stride at this point! It's a shame lots of people quit watching after the Pilot.
Yes, it is a shame...but I understand why. The show was way too soapy when it started and didn't really have much to grab onto but Kennedy's awesome performance.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wonder if there's arguing about Ace's "career" path?
I could totally see his parents feeling like he's "wasting his potential" as a computer genius by working as a dishwasher.

Quote:
The show was way too soapy when it started.
Yeah it was. Too much relationship drama. There was a pretty big uptick in quality after the first few episodes though.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I could totally see his parents feeling like he's "wasting his potential" as a computer genius by working as a dishwasher.
Totally. I wonder why Ace never went to college? He clearly has the intelligence to get accepted into any computer science program.

Quote:
Too much relationship drama.
Exactly. I feel like this type of show shouldn't have THAT much romantic relationship drama. They should just stick a couple of main couples and that's it. There's no need to play love geometry or have people bed-hopping all over the place. It's an unnecessary distraction.

I just did my rewatch...so I'll be posting it soon.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

1x10 HERE WE GO!!!!

• PREVIOUSLY ON NANCY DREW....
  • ACE'S VOICE!!!!!
  • Have we ever seen Nancy wear this white cardigan before? OR AFTER?
  • How come Carson's lawyer is different when he actually goes to court?
  • "He shouldn't miss me. He should hate me." Nancy realllly takes self-loathing to a new high.
  • Ghost traps? Nancy's trying to catch Lucy to interrogate her again?
  • Did they actually ever eat Ace's cake? Did Ace get to eat his own face?
  • Nancy has LITERALLY no clue what's going on... What kind of flowers were they gonna get Ace?
  • Nick/Nancy
  • ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER LEAVE ME AGAIN!
  • Ace/Nancy eye-screwing each other!! Like...what was in the script?!? REALLY CONFUSED BY THIS SCENE...
  • LOVE John Sander!!!!
  • LOL...Nancy's like Serena Van der Woodsen now.
  • "Nancy Drew's News"...I really hope this website comes back.
  • Owen/Nancy...this was a weird scene...but Owen/Bess was cute.
  • "Oh snap!!" Ace
  • "Welcome to family Bess...now help me with my VENGEANCE!!!!"
  • LMFAO. Nick being all sassy with Owen is HILARIOUS.
  • Ooo are they actually going to eat the cake now?
  • Nancy can't stay off google apparently!
  • "Why are you looking at a picture of my dad?"
  • ACE AND NANCY WORKING TOGETHER!!
  • I think Ace's house might have been used in The Secret Circle...hmmm
  • "I wanted you to meet somebody." my future girlfriend/wife/mother of my children
  • "The one and only."
  • Ace's hair looks really bad in this episode. Thank God they fixed it in later episodes.
  • I love Ace and his dad! It's so cool how Alex Saxon learned how to sign to make it look like Ace has been doing it for years.
  • Why does Ryan want George, A TEEN, back??? Just stop embarrassing yourself Ryan. PLEASE.
  • "I used to be afraid of what I would become if I wasn't Ryan Hudson." - AU episode anyone?!
  • This whole Hudson/Marvin subplot was really stupid IMHO. I get why they were doing it...but it was kinda out of place.
  • Ace and his dad have a pretty tense relationship. What is happening in that house?!
  • I love how Ace is so worried about his dad. And I love how Nancy so effortlessly worked with him as well.
  • You can tell Ace didn't necessarily agree with Nancy recording the video...but he helped her anyway.
  • To be honest...I normally don't pay attention to these scenes about the Bonny Scott...but I probably should start paying attention cause of the whole Aglaeca stuff.
  • HAHAHA Ace didn't give her the obits!!
  • It's kinda weird that Owen just randomly brought over Chinese food. Like it's weird. They're not even dating.
  • "Some guys might be intimidated by a girl who provokes a murderer." You maybe...but not SOMEONE else.
  • I love how Ace would not back down from Nancy trying to push him and the Crew away. He KNOWS how to deal with her. It's just so perfect.
  • I really wish Bess would stop using her American accent.
  • Celia Hudson is EVIL!! She's the true villian of the show.
  • Man, Nancy's car is TINY!
  • All in the warehouse down by the docks? Hmmmmm...
  • Of course Nancy runs into danger without back-up. Good thing her friends didn't listen to her.
  • "Hero of Horseshoe Bay. Hero of Horseshoe Bay's friends." Nancy looked so happy when he said that!!
  • Why does Nancy ask Ace to stay behind? I mean obviously I know why the writers did...for plot reasons...but I want to know why she asked? Hmmmm.
  • Nancy gets this part so, so, so wrong. And if it wasn't for her friends...she would be dead right now.
  • Since when is Nick a poison expert?"
  • "Nancy and my friends are trapped on the other side of it." He said Nancy's name in order to get his dad to help!
  • "The poisoner was a man?" NOPE.
  • kinda surprised George knew how to use a VCR!!!
  • I think it would be cute if Nancy got a dog in Season 2! She could name is Sherlock or Agatha!!!
  • Nick has realllly good arms.
  • I love watching Nick/George work together!! They make such a great team!
  • These scenes kinda remind me a bit of the original "Saw".
  • "I'm not a psychopath." YES YOU ARE!
  • Ace had a very "Jurassic Park" type of moment there with the computers!
  • Nancy in purgatory?? I wonder if Ace and Nancy will ever talk about their near-death experiences?
  • Would Nancy have survived without the antidote because Lucy flung her back? Or was it both of them working together?
  • I love how Ace took down Claire. "Try not to poison your cellmate."
  • Could Claire come back one day for revenge???
  • Awwww Ace's dad spoke!!!
  • This whole group scene at Nancy's house is sooo sweet! Very Scooby Gang vibes!
  • Did the newspaper put out an evening edition or something?!?! Love Ace's picture though!
  • I love this Ace/Nancy scene at the end here. I love how well they work together!
  • Ugh Nick/Nancy...glad Nick shut it down...again.
  • I'm glad she talked to Carson!
  • Bottom Line: This is one of the best episodes of the show. I loved all the Ace/Nancy scenes and even if you don't ship them romantically (although why wouldn't you?! they're perfect!), it's obvious that they make such a great investigative team! I also loved Ace's dad and I hope he comes back for more episodes in Season 2. There was also loads of Drew Crew interactions which is definitely one of the show's strengths! The only real criticism I have with the show is the weird Ryan/George scene (was he trying to get her back?!) and the Owen/Ryan/Bess/Nick scenes. It was obvious they needed something for these characters to do for half of the episode because Ace and Nancy were going to be off with his dad. It was just kinda random especially since the episode had nothing to do with the Bonny Scott...but I guess they were trying to set up Episode 11. Overall, still one of my favorite episodes of the season that I watch all the time!
Old 08-23-2020, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Loved your thoughts! I also had a hard time caring about the subplot (seeing you write about it made me realize none of my notes are about it whoops) but the main plot is SO good. And this is a great episode for Ace and Nancy shippers.

Quote:
"I wanted you to meet somebody." my future girlfriend/wife/mother of my children
OMG I actually laughed when I read this. But also....
Quote:
What is happening in that house?!
I really hope we find out #moreacecharacterdepth2020
Old 08-23-2020, 08:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Loved your thoughts! I also had a hard time caring about the subplot (seeing you write about it made me realize none of my notes are about it whoops) but the main plot is SO good. And this is a great episode for Ace and Nancy shippers.
Thanks!!! And yes...every time I watch this episode I either don't pay attention to those scenes or I fast-forward. They're just a snooze!!

Quote:
I actually laughed when I read this
Come on...you were thinking it too! I mean...he introduced her to his dad!

Quote:
I really hope we find out #moreacecharacterdepth2020
100%!!!!
Old 08-26-2020, 07:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks to everyone who participated in Week 10 of the Board Re-watch! Even if you just lurked and read our posts, that's still awesome (although I'd personally love it if you de-lurked)!!

BTW, you can always post your comments even if you miss the official rewatch week.

Onto Episode 11!!