Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2020, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It really does seem like they abruptly changed storylines...so some of the relationship stuff seems so awkwardly done.
Yeah I think they definitely had some abrupt changes from what they planned.

I'm excited to read your thoughts!
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

So I'm going to my rewatch tomorrow night. I was watching baseball and then I ate dinner late, so I decided to watch the finale of The Alienist instead. It takes me a good 90 minutes to do my rewatch, so I think I'll be better tomorrow early evening.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait for youre review!
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I can't wait for yours either!
Old 08-10-2020, 08:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

EPISODE 8...HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!
  • NO ACE'S VOICE?!?! *cries*
  • But Ace shows up in the previously...where they made sure to include how he hacked into a government computer system...
  • Yeah McGinnnis feels like crap huh?
  • Love how Nick was there for his bro!
  • Nancy interrogating her dad?! Maybe she should become a lawyer?!
  • "I didn't kill anyone!" You know what Carson...I believe you.
  • "But if you keep suspecting everyone closest to you of horrific crimes, you're gonna end up alone." Ouch Carson.
  • "There was an accident. It was Ace." George was apparently elected to be the soap operaic bearer of bad news this episode.
  • But look at Nancy's face.
  • How much time actually passed between Nancy, George, and Carson getting to the hospital and the crash? Also, why wasn't Nick at the hospital? He was actually at the crash site! Wouldn't he have followed the ambulance in his truck?!
  • Cute Nancy/Bess hug! Reallly trying to strengthen that bond between Bess-Nancy-Ace, so Bess can rip out their hearts next season.
  • "Waiting rooms are overflowing with family." Whose family? Laura Tandy is now an orphan and we don't know much about Ace besides the fact that he has parents. Are they hinting at Ace having brothers siblings? Cousins? Long-lost relatives? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • "Ace's father was something of a legend on the force." Does that mean Carson and Ace's dad actually know each other? Also, you know who else's dad was a police officer in the books?
  • Wouldn't the hospital have been the perfect time for them to reveal Ace's real name? Or at least his last name? Why is the show still hiding it?
  • Nick was at the scene of the accident. Why did he only text Bess? And not Nancy or George?
  • "Did the Hudsons send you here?" LOOOVE FEISTY NANCY!! When she's feeling powerless over a situation, she tends to go after the jugular. Love how she's bitching at Lizbeth and Lizbeth's just letting her.
  • "Are those Ace's?" Nancy is already starting to sleuth. She remembered Ace was investigating Laura to get back into her good graces.
  • "Last time we talked, Ace and I had a difficult conversation." It's interesting that Nancy did NOT out Ace's secret to the rest of the characters. Not even Bess...his supposed BFF...knows about how he was arrested and then blackmailed into working for McGinnis. I bet this whole thing comes up later.
  • "What makes you think I know his password." "You two are that kind of close." Don't worry Nancy...one day...you'll be even closer. It won't just be passwords you're sharing... Also, does Bess know Ace's real name?!!?!?
  • OMG the blood on Ace's phone. I love how it doesn't even PHASE NANCY.
  • Ace: "I mean you can't know what goes on inside someone else's family. I'm just trying to get a sense of you and your sister." Laura: "Well, how are you and your family..." Okay...what does THAT MEAN? I feel like this is foreshadowing for something, but I just don't know what...
  • LOL I love how George just pulls out the headphones, so the whole waiting room hears it...also where is Ace's mom and dad?! Why is the doctor and McGinnis talking to the group and not them??
  • I love how Nancy reached for Bess. That was cute.
  • Also, an individual McGinnis storyline?! Just what I wanted?! LOL.
  • LOL nice Old Navy product placement
  • Ummmmm this whole Nick/Nancy conversation is really, really awkward.
  • "self-drive features." IS THAT A REAL THING?!
  • "He was working for you." McGinnis actually looked embarassed!!! GOOD!
  • "It was a favor. Ace was arrested out of state. I made a deal so he wouldn't go to jail." What state was Ace in? Washington DC? Did he try to steal the Declaration of Independence?!
  • "I'd try anything to help my friend."
  • Although I do love how they brought in Native American culture. It added a whole new aspect to the show.
  • I wonder if Ted is George's favorite sister?
  • Wow...Nick actually can use his knowledge of cars to help the case!
  • LOL everyone except Bess thinks Lizbeth is responsible for the crash.
  • "Someone in this town...has been tampering with the spirit world."
  • Bess's summary of the show plot is actually pretty funny! LOL.
  • "Then we'll have to go after him ourselves."
  • LOL Carson coming home to a seance. Also...isn't it weird Bess AND Nick weren't involved with the seance??!!?
  • "Layers? Kinda like Dante."
  • Bess/Nick scenes are rare, but sweet. I feel like they could be the siblings each other never had.
  • "Just one?" Apparently Nancy really wants to go into the spirit realm too.
  • "The Bear" = Ace <3 I hope we get to see it one day!!
  • Carson= the wolf, Nancy= the whale, George= the turtle. I actually looked the meanings of these animals in Native American mythology and it's very interesting. The show obviously did the research.
  • The transition between the real world and the spirit world was so cool. I love how the screen started collapsing on George. And obviously...it's gonna be George...because well...it's in her blood.
  • "McGinnis bought a pipe you'd like." LMFAO
  • This whole spirit world sequence was really, really well done. Very creepy.
  • "Has their been conflict here?"
  • Another "Carrie" shoutout!!
  • "It's coming from you two." YUP. Carson/Nancy need to figure it out. Also...I wonder if this is subtle foreshadowing to their fight later in the season?? Will Ace help Nancy forgive Carson?
  • Wow...Carson's realllly going to go the distance with his "lies". OKAY CHIEF.
  • "Why is this house so important to Lucy Sable?" HMMMMMMMM
  • Ryan is on a wellness retreat?! Rehab you mean?!?
  • Of course Bess is using fashion to implicate Lizbeth. She's the Elle Woods of Horseshoe Bay.
  • "Because I am undercover." LOL. Nice twist.
  • Young McGinnis!?! "Tell Thom we're here for him."
  • "15 years ago. The night Ace's father almost died in the line of duty." Poor Ace! He's was only a little boy when he almost lost his dad. I really hope this comes up in Season 2!!
  • "It's the moment he thought his father was going to die." CARSON LOOKING STRAIGHT AT NANCY!!!
  • "He was 6 years old in the wintertime." So Ace is 21 and his birthday has to be in the fall or winter. I bet he's a Sagittarius or an Aquarius.
  • Awwww BABY ACE!!! Interesting that George found him in the spirit version of Nancy's bedroom. I wonder if Ace remembers any of this and if he would comment on it if he was ever in Nancy's bedroom.
  • It's almost like George is an "older" sister in a way to Ace. The show chose to use a younger version of Ace instead of using Alex Saxon. Obviously, they wanted to reveal more of his backstory, but they had George "rescue" his younger self which gives off "familial" vibes to me. George cares so much about her younger sisters as well.
  • "Don't forget the boots."
  • "Did it work? Did you find Ace?" "That's his bear."
  • It's kinda weird that they didn't even show Ace in the hospital.
  • "Ace's spirit is back in his body."
  • Red siren emojis?? Just when you think Nick is the dad of the group...he's using EMJOIS to express his feelings?! LOL.
  • "You have a "source"?? LOL. Nancy just OPENLY mocking Nick/Bess because she doesn't believe they have squat!
  • "No one could like Bess that much." LMFAO.
  • Nancy's arraignment is mentioned again. Ummmm when is that happening?!?! Never? Okay.
  • Officer Rawley?!!? YOU'RE THE WORST!!! But even he had more chemistry with Nancy than Nick.
  • "Killer boots, by the way." LOVE HOW NANCY WALKED OUT. She's such a badass!
  • I really love Nancy's top in this episode.
  • So...Carson is just LYING even more now...GOT IT.
  • "Imagine what they could have done to your mom and me. And you." ----> DING DING DING at least this part's true.
  • "That's not how I would have handled things." UMMM That's a lie. Nancy...all you do is illegal things. LOL.
  • I love how Nancy took a punch for Bess. That is wild.
  • Yikes! Poor Ted!
  • And is McGinnis looking at Carson for the Lucy Sable murder?
  • Poor George!!!!!!
  • The music was great here! "Strange Unknown" by Seven of Cups.
  • Bottom Line: I really like how the Drew Crew pushed all their personal drama aside to help Ace in his time of need. I really missed Alex Saxon in this episode, but I absolutely loved learning more about Ace's backstory and what his greatest fear is. I love how it was through that lens that we got to examine the Carson/Nancy conflict in a new way. I love how they made peace and more of the Lucy Sable stuff was revealed (or was it?!). I also loved exploring the spirit realm from a new angle with Native American mythology. I hope the show keeps broadening the mythology with every episode. Also, I can't help but notice all the Nancy-Bess and Ace-Bess friendship undertones and definitely think we're headed towards MAJOR conflict in these friend relationships (not the mention the strengthening of the Ace/Nancy relationship in the latter part of Season 1). All in all, a great character-driven episode even if there was no Ace.

Last edited by broken crown; 08-10-2020 at 09:16 PM
broken crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Brilliant as always, Susan! Can't wait to rewatch this ep very soon!

Quote:
Ryan is on a wellness retreat?! Rehab you mean?!?

Quote:
"It was a favor. Ace was arrested out of state. I made a deal so he wouldn't go to jail." What state was Ace in? Washington DC? Did he try to steal the Declaration of Independence?!
I know better
Old 08-10-2020, 09:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Thanks!!!

And this is for you!

Old 08-10-2020, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

That spirit animal site you linked is awesome! I'm glad the writers did their research since media representation of Native Americans is...not good sometimes. If they keep incorporating that or similar things from other cultures it could be so cool! Also I took the quiz and apparently I'm a panda.

Quote:
She's the Elle Woods of Horseshoe Bay.

Quote:
"Killer boots, by the way." LOVE HOW NANCY WALKED OUT.
I love sassy Nancy!
Old 08-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Also I took the quiz and apparently I'm a panda.
Oooo I should take the quiz too!! Pandas are cool!

Quote:
If they keep incorporating that or similar things from other cultures it could be so cool! Also I took the quiz and apparently I'm a panda.
Definitely hope this happens!
Old 08-11-2020, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I took the quiz and got the Panda too!
I know better
Old 08-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I still have to take it, but I will later I promise!

Can't wait for Shauna's thoughts on the episode!
Old 08-11-2020, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I took the quiz and got the Panda too!

Excited for your thoughts!
Old 08-11-2020, 07:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I took the quiz and I got an elephant!!!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Thanks to everyone who participated in Week 8 of the Board Re-watch! Even if you just lurked and read our posts, that's still awesome (although I'd personally love it if you de-lurked)!!

BTW, you can always post your comments even if you miss the official rewatch week.

Onto Episode 9!!
Old 10-05-2021, 10:19 PM
Addicted Fan

The doctors would never talk to the Drew Crew about Ace's condition. They would only talk to his parents. This where the "no last name" thing has turned into a running joke. His father's surname would be revealed, which of course would also be Ace's surname. I forgot about it was officer Rawley, who tried to kill Laura. Also forgot Tiffany also comes from a billionaire family. All of these billionaire families and Bess is sleeping in a van. Stealing rings and working at the Claw instead of scamming her way into the lifestyle she so badly idolizes. She has the looks and fashion sense.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 10-06-2021 at 04:38 PM
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread