Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Graphics Team

1x05 - "The Case of the Wayward Spirit" Episode Discussion {REWATCH: WEEK 5}

1x05 - "The Case of the Wayward Spirit"
Episode Discussion

When Nancy realizes that George is possessed by Tiffany's spirit, she must act quickly to rid
her friend of the ghostly passenger before it's too late. Meanwhile, a mysterious stranger,
Owen, wanders in to The Claw and asks the gang to cater a charity gala happening at
the country club that same day.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thanks for getting this started.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I really liked this episode!

Liked seeing the group work together to save George.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:55 PM
Graphics Team

Me too.

But I honestly thought it was going to be different.
I didn't think George would be back and forth from being possessed to being herself. I thought she was going to be possessed the entire time.

So wait let me get this straight... Ryan might not be involved with Tiffany's murder but he might be with Lucy's?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I still don't want to believe the show would go with Ryan being involved with any murder because that's honestly so predictable. But that's where it all seems to be leading.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

this show does like to keep you on your toes thats for sure . lots of twists.

so what exactly did ned and ace find out about owen in those documents? i was confused about that?
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Welcome to the board re-watch of every Nancy Drew Season 1 episode. We are starting with the Pilot and working our way through to the season 1 finale. I will top a new thread every Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Please watch at your own pace. There's no pressure.

This week's episode will be 1x05: The Case of the Wayward Spirit.

Feel free to leave all your comments, thoughts, changes in opinions.

HAVE FUN!!!
Old 07-19-2020, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I'll be doing my rewatch tomorrow. I normally do it on Sunday nights, but I'm watching a baseball game right now. So prepare for tomorrow!!
Old 07-19-2020, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Excited to read your thoughts! I just did my rewatch! Overall I thought this was one of the creepier episodes so far. The opening scene with George writing in blood and the whole idea of her being possessed was pretty freaky. A few other thoughts:
  • Ace urging Bess to talk to Lizbeth is really cute. He's their #1 shipper and I kind of love it. I love how they didn't have him get upset about Bess not being into him (though that whole plot was weird tbh) and had him be a supportive friend instead.
  • Oh this is the first episode Owen is in. He's so cute. And he and Nancy have amazing chemistry right away.
  • Some cute Ace and Nancy moments: Ace texting Nancy for help with George and telling her "good call Nancy" when she shows Tiffany that she's in George's body
  • George destroying the pictures is pretty creepy too.
  • Ace telling Nick that he's friendly with Laura *thinks about car scene*
  • It's cute how the Drew Crew looks out for George. Especially Nick. This is kind of the first episode where I definitely get vibes that they might end up together.
  • I loved seeing George's family. Victoria is an awesome character, but yikes she did not handle hearing about George and Ryan well at all. Ted is so cute! And George is a good sister.
  • I kind of love how Bess and Victoria get along. I would love to see more of them together.
  • They're filming at a very nice building for the party. It's gorgeous!
  • The scene with Nancy and the dress is also pretty creepy.
  • Nancy is supposed to be arraigned next week?
  • Ryan is not a very good businessman yikes!
  • I love George and Nancy's friendship. "Did you get what you wanted?" "Yeah you didn't die" and George not letting Nancy touch her.
  • Hmmmmm Lucy is emotionally attached to something.....looking back is that a hint about her being Nancy's mother? Or is it just referring to the time capsule?
  • I kind of love Nick and Ace teaming up to get into Tiffany's flashdrive. I hope we see more of them together.
  • Bess and Lizbeth
  • There are some great quotes this episode: George about being possessed "Why can't this happen to Bess at least she'd enjoy it", George to Nancy when Nancy is keeping an eye on her at the party "You keep staring at me like that you're gonna have to buy me dinner", Victoria "We've banished Tiffany from the earthly realm and now I will summon an Uber'
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Great thoughts!!!

Quote:
The opening scene with George writing in blood and the whole idea of her being possessed was pretty freaky.
I know right?!!? Leah Lewis was SO good in that opening scene. I wonder if they just watched her scenes on Charmed (she played a possessed person too there).

Quote:
"Why can't this happen to Bess at least she'd enjoy it"
George and her wit!

I will comment more in the morning because right now I'm getting tired.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

yeah I lied...I'm going to do my rewatch tomorrow. It usually takes me twice as long to officially rewatch an episode because I take notes...so I have to make sure I have like 2 hours to spare.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait for your thoughts, Susan!

Enjoyed reading all your thoughts, Iris!
I know better
Old 07-21-2020, 06:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew 105 RE-WATCH commentary
  • PREVIOUSLY ON NANCY DREW....
  • This is kind of long previously. I wonder if there was a break when it was airing after Episode 4?
  • This opening sequence with Tiffany!George is SUPER creepy. Like she writes stuff in blood.
  • Pretty song though..."The Darkest Places" by Le Bon according to Shazaam!
  • And I see we're blatantly copying "I Know What You Did Last Summer". And you know what? I'll allow it.
  • Does Ghost!Tiffany think Ryan killed Lucy? I'm a little unclear on what she knows???
  • Obligatory...Karen UGH!
  • Nancy stayed up all night looking at a picture of Karen? Yeah...I'd be exhausted too.
  • Awwww spacey!Ace. I love when he's in his own little world. It's probably a coping mechanism to deal with his chronic loneliness.
  • "Ghosts are great for business. It's the murder that kills you." Ace <3
  • They make bandages THAT big? Hmmmm. Also, George...sweetie...if you impaled yourself on a window pane...then someone needs to call 911...not put a band-aid on it!!
  • Lizboot?! OMG. That's the best nickname ever. LOL. Also, Ace doesn't seem to mind blood apparently.
  • I'm SO glad they made Ace supportive over Bess/Lizbeth and there are no traces period of that creepy crush in the first couple of episodes! JUST SAY NO to CreepyCrush!Ace.
  • Oh look! It's OWEN! I owe alot to Owen. He saved me from Nick/Nancy's chemistry-less mess. Thank you for your service Owen. I'll never forget you.
  • "That's pretty wild." How can ANYONE not absolutely LOVE Ace. I mean come on?!?!
  • Owen seems really short in this scene though...maybe it's the camera angle?
  • Okay...someone needs to write a fanfiction where Ace takes Owen's order.
  • OMG. Ryan only gave the alarm code to his wife and his teenage mistress? Ryan...UGH.
  • I love Nancy's outfit!
  • And just HOW old is Officer Rawley? Talking about how Nancy's been playing "that card since 8th grade". Is he secretly 50 or something?
  • LOL...Ace just BLASTING Nancy's phone. "Nancy? NANCY?" LMFAO. Meanwhile, Bess gives the full account.
  • Ace looks happy to see Nancy! But he's very, very calm considering what's going on.
  • Okay...I thought it was kinda funny how Nancy went full on Buffy here and bashed the door in without any help. LOL.
  • "It might be time to worry." LOL
  • I love these scenes. Ace/Nancy look so pretty together. <3
  • I feel like all these Ace/Nancy/Bess scenes (and there are quite a few of them) are ~foreshadowing for something in Season 2.
  • Ace and Nick! These two need WAY more scenes together. I love their friendship.
  • "She broke into my place last night." The look on Ace's face is PRICELESS. He's probably wondering if it was before or after the sex. LOL.
  • OMG Tiffany!George is FREAKY! Leah Lewis is SO good with the possession scenes.
  • Pretty smart that Nancy takes a picture and shows it to Tiffany!George.
  • "That's a good call, Nancy." :heart_eyes:
  • "GO HUG A FRYER". LMFAO
  • Nick's like the dad of the group. Trying to get everyone to think logically. Not gonna happen!
  • Mr. Exposition!
  • George's mom!! And sisters. Ted is SO cute!
  • "Why can't this stuff happen to Bess...at least she would enjoy it!" ~ George
  • How awkward is this conversation?! YIKES.
  • LOL. I love Nancy's pragmatism. Always thinking about the case.
  • "We can tie her to a chair." Bess must watch Supernatural.
  • Is Nick actually going to get paid for working in Bess's place?
  • Oh this mansion...that I've seen on pretty much every show that's filmed in Vancouver.
  • Stalker!Owen. This was really kinda creepy tbh. And LOL the fake triangle. Although honestly...Nancy does inappropriately flirt with Owen.
  • And LOL Ace with the knife. He's ~suspicious.
  • George isn't used to people caring about her. <3
  • I noticed that Nancy either wears her hair down or in a bun. Why not a ponytail? /important questions
  • Ahhh here's every ~supernatural show's obligatory "Carrie" moment.
  • Ugh Karen! I BET GUILT. UGH AGAIN.
  • Was Nancy ever arraigned???
  • Oh here's Owen again. He's coming on REALLY strong. And he's supposed to be 25? Okay.
  • Here's Laura. I actually really like her. Again...Ace has DEFINITELY got a type. LOL.
  • Ace doesn't do well in any kind of "triangle" situation. He just wants peace. Poor bb.
  • Owen and Ryan. *looks* Can't wait to meet these people that are gonna come looking for Ryan's money...YIKES.
  • Tiffany!George and the ICONIC red dress!
  • ugh Nick/Nancy. BUT ACE IN FOR THE SAVE!!
  • Laura isn't just another pretty face. Also...Ace can waltz?! <3 Did his mom teach him to dance?
  • Random Bess/Lizbeth! She's a "driver" for the Hudsons!
  • Tiffany!George carrying a huge knife!
  • "I'll text Ace.." Always texting each other.
  • "I know about the waitress."
  • Nancy using her stewardess voice??? Okay.
  • That cake looks so good. YUMMY!
  • Nick and Tiffany!George!!!! ~foreshadowing?!
  • "Sorry guys...she knows everything."
  • Laura and Tiffany!George. I get it...but Laura was really bad here when she spilled the tea and threw the cake.
  • Ryan was acting violent. Not a great look!
  • Leah Lewis is SOOOO good!!!
  • I don't like how Ace was left out of this scene...but I guess he was with Laura.
  • "I can't let George die." "Remember Me." ~FORESHADOWING!!!
  • Awww Nancy/George. What a sweet scene.
  • UGH Nick/Nancy.
  • "Then what was Lucy emotionally attached to?" Ummmmm...
  • Ace really knows how to manage these crazy women doesn't he?
  • "Then trust me." Yeah...I don't think she really does...
  • More inappropriate Nancy/Owen flirting! Of course Nick sees and Ace pretends not to notice the drama. LOL.
  • "She's a woman of strong emotions." YUP. That's your ~kink dude.
  • I wonder if this thumb drive about the Hudsons will come back later on in the show? It's kind of a wealth of info.
  • Man...Owen REALLY wants to sleep with Nancy. He just goes along with whatever this random girl he literally just met wants. LOL
  • Awww happy for Bess!
  • I tried finding this song playing over the last few scenes...but I couldn't find it. Maybe one day!
  • So did Nancy put the time capsule back???
  • Ryan and Lucy!!! OMG!! Cliffhanger!!
  • Is that actually Riley Smith or did they just get someone who looks ALOT like him?? Hmmm
  • Bottom Line: This episode feels a lot like 1x04 with more focus on the supernatural, the main mysteries, and the group dynamic. Unfortunately, there was a little "soap" with the arrival of Owen Marvin and the phantom fake!triangle plot between Nick/Nancy/Owen. A part of me wonders if this was supposed to be a bigger deal and they ended up dropping it for Nick/George and Owen as a plot point. I also wish there was more Ace, but I always wish for more Ace. He seems a little more goofy in this episode than in 1x04, but Alex Saxon is just so good, it's hard to hate. Finally, Leah Lewis OWNED this episode. She was SO good as Tiffany!George. This was definitely a stand-out performance for her! I think I like 1x04 a little more than this episode, but the show is definitely trending in the right direction.

Last edited by broken crown; 07-21-2020 at 06:39 PM
broken crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Entertaining epiosde review as always, Susan! i didn't get a chance to rewatch the episosde yet but I'll be posting my comments as soon as I watch!
I know better
Reply   Post New Thread