Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2019, 08:22 AM
Graphics Team

1x04 - "Shook One Pt. II" Episode Discussion (July 7th)

1x04 - "Shook One Pt. II"
Episode Discussion

Rue tries to get clean for Jules and chaperones Gia at the carnival. Jules encounters Cal with
his family. Cassie and Maddy, annoyed at their boyfriends, decide to do molly together. Kat
hangs out with Ethan until she misreads a situation. Nate reveals who he really is.

{source}
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 07-05-2019, 02:03 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Nate reveals who he really is, that makes me nervous.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:30 PM
Graphics Team

That made me think that he's going to reveal to Jules that he's posing as Tyler.
Though I'm not sure.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for opening.
Emily
Old 07-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

hope nothing bad happens

Old 07-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Graphics Team

Yeah I hope not too
Old 07-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I liked the episode. last weeks was better tho IMO.

I did like how everyone was in the same place, the fair which was cool.

The Rue/Gia scenes I really liked. When Rue finds Gia smoking and hearing the twin making fun of her overdosing.

Glad Rue/Jules made up.

Ugh, Nate is a jerk first the physical abuse on Maddy, then threatening and being physical with Jules. theres no redeeming qualities about him.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Another good episode, and I liked how everyone was at the carnival too. Is this season still only eight episodes? I still haven't officially heard. I seriously hope at the end Nate gets his damn karma for all the pain and abuse he is causing others. He's a fking psychopath! Plus, he clearly has a lot of mental issues and confusion about his sexuality he needs to examine. I don't get his deal, I guess he's gay and in denial just like Jules said (even though she put it in a better way than I care to lol) He nearly killed Tyler, he got violent with Maddy, then threatened Jules. I seriously hope this POS is arrested and convicted when this show ends, I'm going to be pissed if he gets away with all of this. He's a disgusting character.

I loved Rue and Jules scenes, I love their bond and friendship. I hope she tells Rue what happened with Nate, but I'm glad Rue was there for her after that bs. I was surprised their kiss in the last episode was blown over so quickly but then they kissed again at the end of the episode. Whether they start a relationship or just remain friends, I love them together.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

damn I don't really have coherent thoughts after the last scene, I'm still shook

as much as I'm really excited about Rue and Jules seemingly getting together finally, I really hope it's not just bc Jules was so heartbroken earlier bc Rue deserves better than that. I hope she really has acted on her feelings for her and it's real. those shots of them just whirling with the bed and reliving their sweet moments together, it was so beautifully done I was speechless

I'm all about that SL but other things, it was heartbreaking that Gia was getting in contact with drugs too weed might seem harmless but I really hope she doesn't wanna follow in her sister's steps and that seeing that will help Rue get it together for real

Nate is just......what a fckn scumbag, I hope we see him have a very painful death or something bc that's the least of what I need by the end of it, he deserves the worst ending possible

Old 07-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, I hope Jules didn't just kiss Rue cause she was heartbroken and sad. If they get into a relationship, I hope it's for real. I also agree, I hope Nate has the worst ending possible. He's such a cowardly POS.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

it'd be really cruel if she only did it bc of that but I am hopeful bc I think they wouldn't have shown that montage of their good times together if it wasn't for real, it was like we were in Jules' head as she pieced it together that Rue's actually the one

Old 07-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

That and this show has been promoting the LGBT angle so much. They're the only decent couple imo. McKay is such a jerk. He keeps treating Cassie badly in front of Nate and his bros. Nate is creepy af for wanting a virgin and then being abusive to her. Why wouldn't she wonder about the dick pics?

Kat is screwing things up for herself in the typical trope where the girl sees the guy talking to someone skinny and freaks out.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Graphics Team

Who said Kat was freaking out about Ethan talking to a skinny girl? She probably was seeing how he was with talking to another girl in general. From her POV he did seem happy talking to her. So Kat must've misread that and thought he was hooking up with her or something. She should talk to him about that so she can find out she had it all wrong.

I LOVED all the Rue/Jules scenes. I'm so glad nothing was awkward between them and I loved Jules kissing Rue in the ending scene.

For a moment I thought Cal was going to do something to Jules when he was following her.

Nate is such an ass. Poor Maddy and Jules. I hope Maddy leaves him for good cuz she deserves better than him. He should've not laid his hands on her. I felt bad for her when she was crying while looking in the mirror at the handprint left on her neck.

I, too, hope that Gia doesn't start liking drugs or start hanging out with the wrong crowd. Weren't those guys the same ones hanging out with McKay and all them? They're jerks too. And McKay is starting to have me dislike him. He's really starting to treat Cassie like crap. And I think she is starting to really regret taking all those nude type pics.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:17 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I'm pretty sure Jules feelings for Rue are for real. I just wondered for a second cause of the promo having Ali ask Rue what she will do if Jules goes back to wanting to be friends, but I don't see that being the case. I agree, their the only decent couple. I'm hot and cold with McKay and Cassie. The last few episodes I've found them really cute but I agree he was a spineless prick in the last episode. I keep forgetting he's in college, so it makes it even more stupid and ridiculous he cares what Nate's psychotic, closeted ass thinks or any of those other idiots he hangs with. I don't blame Cassie for being pissed he didn't just tell them they are boyfriend and girlfriend. Then the way he talked to her was unnecessary.

I hope Maddy leaves Nate or reports him putting his hands on her, but I feel like she will forgive him. I hope I'm wrong. I'm also sick of Kat and her moody bs. So she just stupidly assumes the worst cause Ethan is just talking to a girl, so she goes and bangs a complete stranger at a nasty carnival. These dumbass, flighty decisions won't be so great when she ends up catching an STD. She's an idiot.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, I think Ali is being precautious with Rue cause as he'd asked her if being with Jules and being away from her felt similar to being on drugs and the withdrawal symptoms so a relationship when you're still recovering could be dangerous but I really hope it works out.

I think Kat still doesn't trust herself enough that she could accept someone's genuine affection. she's very insecure like most of the characters and so she throws herself at strangers instead. I hope she will learn in time that this isn't right.

I felt so bad for Cassie but I also saw some truth to what McKay was saying. I know it must've hurt her like hell but Nate really is such a jerk if he sees people in happy relationships while he's not in one he'll try to ruin it every way he can. so it's a really messed up situation but I really think McKay didn't mean to hurt Cassie