Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beatrice Leep {Hoot} #1: "Mother, Paula can do a lot of things, but she can't change the weather. That would be Mother Nature."

Beatrice Leep 01

Old 06-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

i remember watching this film a while back, but truthfully, i need a rewatch.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll have to watch it soon too.
Old 04-23-2023, 09:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's funny to see that probably most of you started to notice Brie after "Room" or with the arrival of Captain Carol Danvers Marvel. At least I'm assuming that. It makes sense. Brie herself said that even after her win at the Oscar, nobody knew who she was if you hadn't seen "Room".

I also watched "Hoot", I'm glad that we are in the age of streaming, it was super easy to find this obscure movie (which flopped so hard, it held a negative record for a movie released in over 3.000 theatres in the US with the least revenue - until 2020).

I thought "Hoot" was okay. I think the movie had the potential of being a lot better. I mean, they got a good cast and the production value was very high I think. Also shooting a movie in sunny Florida is a nice setting. Okay, the title of the movie is boring. My issues with the movie was (as it is very often with movies) that the director decided to make "Hoot" a comedy movie. Nothing against that. It just felt forced. They made most scenes unnecessary funny. We got two characters that act like fools and they take screentime away from the plot. Nothing against saving owls, great cause. Just show us that this teenagers really care for these animals. They didn't. Also the story of little people for a good cause vs. big bad company has been the subject of too many movies.

Brie's character was nice to watch, although it also felt a bit over the top. But I liked her character's energy. She didn't have a big role but was in quite a lot of scenes, so it was worth watching it for her. I also was happy that Logan Lerman was playing the lead. I remembered him as that kid from "Jack & Bobby" (2004-2005) back in the days. He did a very good job playing the lead character but he couldn't act against the average script.

One funny aspect is that young Brie Larson met not one but two actors that she would act with in movies a couple of years later. That's really funny and surreal.
WitnessOfWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread