Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2020, 11:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

They're growing in that aspect, they'll be ok.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They always will be There is no other option
Old 08-06-2020, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

I just wish we had actually seen them having honest communications. Instead of just being told about it later.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

That's the problem with POV seasons, of course.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It is one drawback of the format
Old 08-17-2020, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

True, but we have seen others storylines pop in during the main POV before. And they also could have done the social media route as well, with texts and such. I just think it could have been handled better. It felt too forced for fake drama and tension.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I started season 6 so I guess I'll see for myself But, what I noticed from season 5, was that there was a lot more forced drama so it seems that bled into season 6 as well.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, that is one of my main problems with the later seasons. Where it's more forced drama, than story, and it weakens the show.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I think that it's a lot worse in season 5 than 6. In 6 we also had a quite dramatic POV with a short temper and some serious issues, while I think it was quite jarring for Arthur's season as he always seemed like the most chill and smart (lbr) of the boy squad.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
I think that it's a lot worse in season 5 than 6. In 6 we also had a quite dramatic POV with a short temper and some serious issues, while I think it was quite jarring for Arthur's season as he always seemed like the most chill and smart (lbr) of the boy squad.
Yes exactly, it didn't jive with how he had been originally. Sure he was going through some serious stuff. And everyone has issues underneath that we know nothing about until we see through their eyes. But it just felt like this giant turn around or amping things up, just for the tension and drama and not because it was an improvement or realistic.

Like we knew that there were gonna be problems with Lucas and Eliott and I was fine with that. Because all couples have problems, that's not fake, that's realistic. But some of it didn't fit with the picture they had painted earlier in their season or the later seasons. Sure a relationship evolves, but not that quickly or in so many directions.

They could had shown Eliott talking to Lola about how important it is to communicate and trust those around you. Have Lucas know about the group, instead of Eliott lying to him and showing Lucas respecting and trusting Eliott to do his own thing. We saw Daphne and Baz's relationship, why not some of Eliott and Lucas if Lola was spending so much time with Eliott.

I think what annoyed me, was that they created all this stupid drama and then glossed over it, without showing how it was worked through and overcome. Like here some cute pictures of the boys all loved up to distract you from our lazy writing. And it wasn't just Eliott and Lucas's story, the whole season was like that.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I got to episode three of the Lola season and Eliott's lying has shown up I'm glad I am aware of the ultimate outcome of the season or I would be more stressed It seems like Eliott is suggesting that Lucas wouldn't understand he needs some time on his own? But I feel this has more to do with him not wanting Lucas to worry he would party too hard or something. The same stuff his ex (understandably) nagged him about.

On the plus side there was some every cute clinging
Old 08-28-2020, 12:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I get Eliott's doubts and constant struggles. It pained me to see them go through this, but indeed, knowing what happens is a huge factor of stress that gets lifted.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Big stress relief I can simply view Eliott and Lola as having a nice friendship and not worry that it's going in a different direction.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

I think it was both Eliott being burned or shy about the stuff that Lucille used to do in a way to "manage" him and that's ingrained in him, so he doesn't want to repeat that with Lucas. So Eliott keeps mum about certain things because he doesn't want Lucas to be Lucille 2.0. But also Eliott's fear and insecurities that he in every part of who he is, that it would cause Lucas to pull back and that Eliott would lose Lucas as well. Something that Eliott doesn't want to happen.

But also it's somewhat true to Eliott, (not to this extent, but it's tv) he's used to be a solitary character that handles things on his own. That keeps a lot of things locked up inside, which I think it something that Lucas does as well. Which makes sense considering Lucas's background and his relationship with his parents. And keeping things secret and private from Lucas. Like Lucille, Eliott's relationship with Lucille, Eliott's MI, Eliott's past issues, Eliott's relationship with Idriss, etc. And Lucas has repeatedly wanted Eliott to be honest with him and to communicate about things.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper