Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know you are (still) obsessed with James when... #2

Time for a new thread and I guess it's essential that we have the list...sorry the official list. I will come back and add in the rest of them later.

Is it possible maybe for someone (i.e Bea, Brit, Cris, Nora and anyone else that is an arty sorta person could maybe make us a banner for the post? With lost and lots of Jamesy!

The official You know you're obsessed with James when (YKYAOWJW) list....

1. You’re thinking of naming your firstborn son after him. (Stela)
2. You find yourself looking at quote pages and saying "Hey! James' didn't say that!" (Ashley)
3. You’re in Wilmington, and you can't help thinking, "OMG! James might have walked/sat/stood/ate/whatever here!" (Madison)
4. You're in Wilmington (when they were still there, that is), and you get all exstatic and flustered just because you're in the same city as him. (Madison)
5. You find yourself doodling his name all over your notebooks in 4th period English. Either that or you list his movies, draw him, ect. (Ashley)
6. You are watching a movie and thinking: "James could have done that much better"; or "that is the kind of movie/role James needs to be recognized by the public and critics and become a star" (Bea)
7. Or totally the opposite: you’re watching a horrible movie, one of those movies that makes no sense like "Dude where’s my car" and thinking "God, I hope James never does something like this!! Ever, EVER!" (Bea)
8. You are sure you can win a James trivia contest with one hand tied behind your back. (Stela)
9. When you buy every magazine with his picture in it, even if it is microscopic (Alicia)
10. When he starts showing up in your dreams....as your husband...and you guys have kids... (Alicia)
11. You persuade your boyfriend to cut his hair like James'. (Ashley)
12. No matter where you see him or what movies he's in, he will always be known as "My Dawson" or "My Jamesy" in your eyes (DawsonsRealJoey)
13. You own 4 of his "replica" necklaces.... (DawsonsRealJoey)
14. When u say stuff like "For the love of JVDB" or "No no I swear on Jamesy's life it's true!!" (DawsonsRealJoey)
15. You go out of your way to defend him from idiots. (Stela)
16. You make cookies on his birthday (CreekFreak)
17. You don't need any reason, you just already know, you've had the dreams, bought the pics on ebay and you always tell ppl that ask what your fave movie is that it's the same as James'!! And you know you are too far gone!! (Karen H)
18. You go to desperate lengths just to get one item of his. (Ashley)
19. You've mapped out a full on week trip to his hometown and just need the money to get your @ss there! (DawsonsRealJoey)
20. You talk about him to your mom like you've known him like you were best friends. (Ice Queen Follower)
21. I want to name one of my future pets Dawson (Kat)
22. You know you are obsessed with the "walking orgasm" (TM Mich) when you constantly refer to him as such and also when you start to quote something someone says about one of his characters on a TV show. (Karen H)
23. When you fly from one side of the world to the other just to see him, talk to him if possible and of course, take a picture to keep that moment forever (Bea)
24. You go to great lengths to collect a copy of every movie he's ever been in, every article he's ever been featured in and ever television appearance he's ever had. (Stela)
25. You obsess over news articles, screaming "No, no, no! That's NOT how it went!" (Ashley)
26. You fight with your friends over who actually owns him (Karen H)
27. You fight with your Internet buds over who owns which part of his body! (Karen H)
28. You start every work day by listening to 36 Madison Avenue's versions of "Englishman In New York" and "Ants Marching" featuring James on lead vocals! (alaincartier)
29. You're certain you would do a better job for James than his agent. (Stela)
30. You carry a picture of him in your wallet along with your friend/family pictures (Dawsonfan1)
31. You start posting on a thread titled "You know you're obsessed with James when..." and it's worse if you actually start the thread. (Karen H)
32. You get withdrawal pangs when you don't see him in anything new--movies, tv, plays--for an extended period of time. Stop slacking off, James! (Stela)
33. When you become a moderator for his forum. (Kat)
34. You can recite his stats off the top of your head. (Stela)
35. You observe a moment of sad silence when he got married (Kat)
36. You see him doing something goofy in a bloopers reel and you rewind so you can see that over and over 'cause it makes you smile. (Stela)
37. You can't get enough of looking at pics of him. (Karen H)
38. You spend ages on the Internet scouring for new pics of him. (Stela)
39. You'd be willing to cook him his favorite dish even if you're probably a terrible cook. (Stela)
40. When you spend 388 dollars to buy a jacket he's been wearing on Dawson's Creek (Sean Bateman)
41. When anytime your mom or sisters hear any news on James they call and tell you about it. (Monica)
42. You’re accumulating quite an extensive James avies collection. (Stela)
43. You use the phrase rock and roll. ALL the time since seeing RoA. (DawsonsRealJoey)
44. When you are in a boring meeting for work or in a boring class in school you practice perfecting James's signature all over your binder. (DawsonsRealJoey)
45. You were mad at the fact that there were no Jamesy/Dawson buttons for sale in stores so u went tot the craft store, bought clear buttons and made a 10 button set of your own. (DawsonsRealJoey)
46. You have a teddy bear u sleep with named Dawson. (DawsonsRealJoey)
47. You start to bug EVERYONE to get a Jamesy buddy icon on their AIM, so you can have something pretty to look at while you are talking to em. (Karen H)
48. You get excited whenever you see a pic of him you've never seen before. (Stela)
49. You insist on staying home from going places-even vacation at the risk of them not having the right channel-when James is on TV, just so you'll be sure to see it. (Ashley)
50. You try to watch one of his wife's movies. (Stela)
51. You’ve accidentally called your husband Dawson by mistake (twice) (Deb)
52. Your friends say 'Van Der Beek' to get your attention when you're in a bit of a daze (Deb)
53. on a random day off, you look up the last name Van Der Beek in the White Pages and decide to find the house you THINK is his parents house....and do a slow drive by.... (Audrey Kathleen)
54. You've made James a cake for at least one of his birthdays. (DawsonsRealJoey)
55. The sadder thing is that the one about watching one of Heather's movies has sent me to IMDB to check out her filmography and then head to the video store... (Deb)
56. When your friends 12-year-old cousin tells her to alert you that on page 70 of the book 'Rat Boys' it talks about Dawson's Creek. So then you go buy the book. (Ashley)
57. When your 3-year-old niece sees a DC poster on your room's wall and points her finger to James and then you show the all James/Dawson pictures you have. (Nagi)
58. When you make a DC photo album you put the all Dawson/James/DJo pictures an other section on the album (Nagi)
59. When you cried 4 hours under your blanket in your room after you watched the dock scene of him on S3 finale. (Ozlem)
60. Whenever I heard the man's voice who's making Dawson's voice in Turkish version i'm sitting infront of the tv and listening the voice to think about Dawson. (Ozlem)
61. You hope that someday you meet someone who looks and acts just like him, and isen't already married. (Brit)
62. And you feel like killing all the people who have kissed him. (Brit)
63. You plan a big road trip with all your friends to Los Angeles hoping you will get a glimpse of him. (Brit)
64. Whenever your listening to a song on the radio you can picture James singing it. (Brit)
65. You know you've become obsessed when you have a female character in an online role-playing game...that is involved with a male character of James. And you, along with the writer of him, have developed this incredibly elaborate and involved storyline for them. (April)
66. You do your photography assignment on a photographer named James Van Der Zee...and misspell the last part of his last name every time you write it in the 5 page paper. (tangofan)
67. You pull a guy in a night club that looks very similar to James (and you pull for that reason only) (Liz)
68. You laugh at every one of your Bio teacher's jokes because he looks a smidge like James. (Brit)
69. You plan of buying the audio book of 'Luna Park' just to hear his voice, although you don't give a damn what the book is about. (Bea)
70. When you act like a fangirl when your boyfriend gives you a notebook with Dawson in the cover! (Cris)
71. You went to see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back just to see his cameo for 5 minutes. (DawsonsRealJoey)
72. You have the seasons on tape but need to buy the dvds for better James "quality." (DawsonsRealJoey)
73. You watch every episode of DC, even the crappy ones just simply because of him. (Brit)
74. You dream with him at night (Bea)
75. You've considered how you can see those very few advanced screenings of "Still Standing" when you live out of state. Far, far out of state from any viewing theater. What a big damn tease it is to even advertise it! (Mich)
76. You’re eating and somebody comments that your a slow eater, and instead of taking it as an insult you smile, thank them, and the giggle cause you remember the Donny and Marie interview when James and Katie commented that James was a very slow eater, and him, like me, takes longer to eat then everyone else at the table. (Brit)
77. You keep waiting each and ever day for any kind of little piece of info to pop up (Bea)
78. You type James/Dawson's Creek into google hoping for a reunion show where they marry DJ off for real because TPTB have been lurking at the anti-PJ thread. (Deb)
79. You pretend James wanted to crash your wedding, but his wife wouldn't let him. (Paula J)
80. You force your mother to pick up "The Plague" on her way home from work the *day* it comes out. (Brit)
81. You have to buy a new DVD player and you're gonna make sure it is multiregional so you can buy 'The Plague' DVD (Bea)
82. You organize a virtual movie night with a friend in another country just so you have an excuse to watch a Jamesy movie. (Karen H)
83. You want to kill your husband because he has interrupted your dream about James. (Paula S)
84. You think people are morons for even thinking (I highly doubt thinking is the word) that James is high and mighty cuz of his name. (Karen H)
85. You start to love your favorite show (GA) even more because you read somewhere that he watches it. (Paula J)
86. Your boyfriend asked you to stop talking about him, it’s not cool. (Nagi)
87. You realize it’s even less cool when your husband asks. (Deb)
88. You’re glad you don't have a bf so you can be happily obsessed with James (Bea)
89. You refer to the Atlantic Ocean as the Jamesy Pond! (Karen H)
90. You sit for an hour compiling the list of reasons how YKYOWJW (Karen H)
91. almost 4 years later, you're still here (Bea)
92. You want something new for James. (Karen H)
93. you're hoping him and Heather will have a son soon, so that your daughter will have James Jr to obsess about (and your daughter is 4 months old). Not that I'd be thinking that. Really. (Jen)
94. your friend lets you know Angus is on TV... in a diferent country... when you've no chance to watch (Jen)
95. you come running to say: Count me in the movie night!!!!!!!!!! (Bea)
96. you keep watching Deb's "What a man" vid every week just to see him smiling or dressing the jacket (Cris)
97. one of the threads you most frequently post on his a hangman game with Dawson quotes...and you keep winning. (Karen H)
98. you still post here regularly (Deb)
99. you smile at every mention he gets, especially on your fave show (Cris)
100. your heart skips a beat when you think about your new celebrity crush (who just happens to have two avis on this page alone) because it reminds you of when you first starting crushing on James! (Paula J)
101. there are are already a hudred reasons you are obsessed with him and you can still think of more.
102. you are a little irked that no one else has found reason to post a reason on this thread for over 5 months.

previous thread

Last edited by Chase.This.Light; 01-19-2009 at 03:22 PM
Old 06-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the list and for opening the thread Karen!

I'll try about the banner, if I don't forget about it

Can you believe the opening date of the old thread???

07-20-2003, 04:24 PM

YKYOWJW... almost 4 years later, you're still here
Old 06-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i know. It doesn's seem like 4 years but at the same time it does.

I want something new for James!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for opening the new thread Karen!
Old 06-09-2007, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen H. (View Post)
I want something new for James!
I guess that's another reason for the list then? LOL!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, it's sad that nothing is getting picked up or that he doesn't get the really good roles. I mean surely the people to impress have seen him as something other than Dawson. Just look at Sean and crazy killing dude in CM.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

hehe, crazy dude in CM. hehe.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Just came up with something, reading through the list (which freaked me out, most of them are just too familiar ) Like, yes, I did go see Jay&Silent Bob Strike Back because of James. And there was me, a mate I dragged along, one more guy and the ticket lady to watch the movie

Anyway, you do really know you're obsessed with James when you're hoping him and Heather will have a son soon, so that your daughter will have James Jr to obsess about (and your daughter is 4 months old). Not that I'd be thinking that. Really.

Jen

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Jen, you're scaring me

Although yes, I want them to have a baby too, so I guess that means sth, uh?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, 4 years on and we're still here....good one Bea

And I love that one Jen.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMixelle (View Post)

Anyway, you do really know you're obsessed with James when you're hoping him and Heather will have a son soon, so that your daughter will have James Jr to obsess about (and your daughter is 4 months old). Not that I'd be thinking that. Really.
That is too cute!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks girls though I scared myself with that one... then again, imagine the cuteness of James with his mini-me...
I might've had more, but luckily I forgot them before I posted

Just thought I'd add something I rememebered...
You know you're obsessed with James when your friend lets you know Angus is on TV... in a diferent country... when you've no chance to watch My friend just did that last week, we were chatting on ICQ and she just goes: "oh yeah, guess what's on TV here? The movie's almost over but I thought you'd want to know." This coming from a Josh Jackson fan, by the way... and yes, I tried to make her see the light, i.e. James, but she wouldn't listen

Last edited by JenMixelle; 06-24-2007 at 03:59 AM Reason: Add a way to know you're obsessed...
Old 07-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

^ That sounds like what happened to me. While I was in Ohio, my mom was here in Maryland and she texted me the ROA was on HBO, and the gradparent's don't have HBO. Boo.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you mean you don't take your Jamesy dvd's everywhere you go with you Brit? Some fan you are!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

*reads comment meant for Brit and hangs her head in shame*
I don't even own Angus on DVD...

Got my now-ex-bf to buy RoA for me in London, though, since I couldn't for my life find it here... That was after I dragged him across country and made him carry my DC boxset from that shopping trip, then made him watch the Finale at least...
OK, just typing this up, I'm realising how sad I am...