Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Can't wait to watch James tonight! it's really weird that the character is a real person. I feel awkward about looking forward to seeing the movie. it must have been hard for James to put himself into that mindset for the role.

Just an FYI for anyone who does live in the US and will be watching it tonight - It's going to be on the Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) not the regular Lifetime channel.

aren't his eyes normally blue? mabe he's wearing those eye color changing contacts

Last edited by dcluv; 02-15-2009 at 01:55 PM
Old 02-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

James looks good in the trailer. I love his hair so closely cut, and yeah, i think he's wearing lenses.

I think movies based on real-llife have a more eerie feeling to it. Please tell us how it was, Kimberly, and im keeping my fingers crossed that it gets on the internet soon. I cant wait to watch it.

Im so annoyed that there have been no updates on is website about this movie as well.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

I know, I checked his website this afternoon thinking that just maybe he would have updated with the movie premiering tonight....no such luck

UPDATE

I'm watching it now. James is doing a good acting job and definitely freaking me out. I'm gonna need some serious Dawson's Creek therapy after watching him in this to get the normal James back in my head

UPDATE

The movie was really well done. Very intense. Excellent acting. James really got himself into the character. I'm ready for him to do a happy role now...

Last edited by dcluv; 02-15-2009 at 09:12 PM
Old 02-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

DC therapy after this, it was that dark, huh?

Its weird and great to see James in such roles. It just shakes me out of Dawsonland for a while.

I cant wait to see it. What happens to him in the end? I would hate to see him die, even of he was a bad guy.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

yeah, it was so creepy because it was based on a true story

Tony Zappa did not die. It was a really interesting story. Anne was/is such a smart and strong girl.

I hope you guys will get to see it it was really well done.

And the actress that was in Eye of the Beast with James was also in the movie...thought that was kinda cool she played an FBI agent
Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I ha da feeling the movie would be dark, but never thought it'd be enough to need some Dawson therapy. Maybe it's like that because it's a true story.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

it wasn't too dark....he didn't physically hurt Anne too much. it was just really creepy because James was playing this real life kidnapper. it was kinda sad how mentally unstable the character was...you could tell deep down he did have a heart, kind of like Tobias from criminal minds...but i feel like i shouldn't be making any good comments about the character cuz in real life he did such a horrific act and there aren't any excuses for what he did and the pain he caused to Anne and her family.

i needed DC therapy to get the normal James back in my mind I watched some S5...blue eyes short blonde hair james...it cured me
Old 02-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

I haven't got to see the movie yet. I know that LMN reruns the newer movies pretty often though, so hopefully I'll catch it soon.

avi: Beatriz
Old 02-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the eerie factor came mostly from the fact that it was all based on a real story. If Tony is anything like Tobias, my heart would go out to him. I loved Tobias. But that doesnt absolve him what he did to Anne.

I cant wait to watch the movie.

S5 Dawson can cure anybody of any illness or problem.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Hey everyone!

I just had to comment about James' performance in this movie! It was amazing! Definitely creeped me out. It was just so weird seeing James, such a caring guy, play someone like this. My grandma is always asking me why he chooses roles like this. But I think James likes the challenge and it really shows what he's capable of as far as acting abilities goes.

But yea, those of you who haven't seen it yet should try to find it! It's a very well put together movie with some great casting. You definitely root for and feel proud of the lead actress/character. She's very strong.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 02-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
My grandma is always asking me why he chooses roles like this. But I think James likes the challenge and it really shows what he's capable of as far as acting abilities goes.
Lync, you got me thinking of what Adam/Reese/Dixon said in OTH to Paul about wanting to make that one movie he's proud of, that once he's given up making movies he can say "I did that" or something to that effect. Maybe that's why James picks the roles he does, he doesn't always want to go for the roles other people want or expect him in, he does what feels right to him.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I think you're right, Karen. Alot of people obviously thought James could never outgrow his Dawson's Creek days, but James has definitely proved them wrong. While he loved playing Dawson, there's so many layers to James that he gets to express through these roles and I think he could definitely be proud of the film choices he has made. And James seems to be very selective about the parts he chooses.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 02-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he has now proved his point and shoudl give us some warm and fluffy but i'm getting OT
Old 02-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

^ Karen

I hope I can find this movie somewhere... Actually, I'm a little out of the loop lately, and I really need to update myself in all the James latest works. Bad, bad girl.

Thank you for all the info girls
Old 02-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bea, you have been naughty!