Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 AM
Loyal Fan

congrats!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Dora!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Dora: that's great! Congrats to him (got your PMs by the way, just keep forgetting to reply)

I love Michelle's dress! Strong colors suit her so much, I wish she'd wear them more.

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 02-01-2012, 03:52 AM
Loyal Fan

i read she is taking a break.

Oscars are awesome! i stay up all night (02:00-06:00) to watch it. Have seen it past 4 years in a row. But last year was awful...it all depends on the host.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks girls, I appreciate it He's signing his contract this afternoon and he should start next week.

I used to watch Oscars live when I was in college (now with work on Monday I cannot anymore) and once my parents thought a burglar was in the house as I'd forgotten to mention that I was going to watch them and they came peeking into the living room quietly in case they needed to call the cops

And Jen, no worries about not replying, as long as you got them and read them, it's fine I was just so excited the other day that I kept writing you Less than 5 months to go

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 02-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

I usually watch the beginning and then I get bored
Old 02-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Loyal Fan

If your boyfriend worked there as a volunteer, he probably loves working there...especially for money...sounds perfect to me. I have to find an internship...which hopefully will lead me to a job..with money! fingers crossed...

-- oscars---
its not he most exciting show, but i do like it. Every year i tell myself im going to watch all movies that won (those should be worth it at least) but i never do! man i would need a year of just to catch up with all those movies!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Good luck with the internship Sandra

I once tried to watch as many Oscar nominated movies as possible and spent I think 3 entire afternoons at the movie theatre to watch like 2-3 movies per day. I gave up after that And they showed many nominees only after or not at all so it mostly came to my empty wallet But it was fun at the time and I had classes only in the morning.

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
Old 02-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Every year i tell myself im going to watch all movies that won (those should be worth it at least) but i never do! man i would need a year of just to catch up with all those movies!
I'm exactly the same. I want to watch those, but somehow they never end up being movies I want to actually see.

Dora: the good times when we stayed up to watch the Oscars online on a crappy slow connection and rubbish live feed! And discussed it ad nauseam. Wasn't it the LotR year?

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 02-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMixelle (View Post)
Dora: the good times when we stayed up to watch the Oscars online on a crappy slow connection and rubbish live feed! And discussed it ad nauseam. Wasn't it the LotR year?
I had ISDN at the time, which wasn't just rubbish but insanely expensive even if I used it only during the night when the rate was lower. So glad the days of having the internet on your phoneline are long over

And yes, I think it was one of those years, when you talked non-stop about Legolas and Orlando's cute elf ears

I have a friend who still watches the Oscars live religiously, but then again, she only starts work in the afternoon so she can sleep in I am always up-to-date as soon as I check my e-mail in the morning with her 'live feed'

Dora

Old 02-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Good lucking finding an internship Sandra.

I've been sick with bronchitis not fun.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good luck. Jobs are hard to find now a days.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey Everyone

I think I asked this once before and you guys all said yes but just to make sure can everyone here see a picture uploaded from TinyPic ?

I'm asking cuz the whole internet seems diffident now after the sopa and pipa bills tried to get passed I mean now imageshack wants you to be logged in and if you are logged in and use the forum link on your uploaded picture to post on a forum someone can just click on the posted picture and click/look through all your pictures not that I got any in there on my account but that's just weird too me.

I don't Know much about posting on forums or posting pictures I mean this is the only board/forum I have ever posted on in my life so it's vary possible that there is better ways of posting pictures and I'm just too inexperienced to Know better

any expert advice on the best picture posting ways or sites would be much appreciated.

or maybe it's problem solved if everyone can see the Katie picture i uploaded with Tinypic cuz if everyone can see it then I can just use that site.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

Luke, I can see the pic without any problems, so I think it's fine

I was at the opera in Vienna (something I do once every 2 years or so because tickets are insanely expensive) yesterday to see this guy:

http://www.metoperafamily.org/upload...1112_FAUST.jpg

Granted this is a pic from the MET but he was dressed similarly yesterday so now all you girls can be jealous And a great singer and actor to top it off as well

And now it's back to the real world

Dora

Last edited by cute_kitten; 02-08-2012 at 03:53 PM
Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

I can see it Luke ah that's crazy about imageshack.

Snowy here....crossing my fingers for a delay tomorrow!