Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2009, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Jen in S2, after she stops throwing herself shamelessly on Dawson. I think after she realised that they were over and Dawson didnt want anyone but Joey, they became great friends. She helped him with his movie, he helped her with her emotional issues. Jen was there to hold him, when Dawson wanted to cry about his Parents' divorce. They were good together in S2.

And you're right Karen, Jen got the shorter end of the stick may times. Her chacacter was not treated or understood well byt the writers.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And I think because of their friendship and the fact he didn't just want to bed her, Dawson restored her faith in the male species.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dawson was the only boyfriend she had who even after they broke up, didnt give up on her, and leave her out of his life. Even though Jen broke up with him and hurt him, he didnt hold a grudge against her and he remained her friend through good and bad times. I think after Jack, she was the closest to Dawson. He saw through, who she really was, not just the popular, flirty party girl she used to be.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Wowwwww....blowing the dust off of this thread! V was the last to post...that shows you how old this thread is

I dug up this thread because we started having some Dawson/Audrey conversation on the DL Alternate Universe thread. I forgot how amazing this thread is!

We've got a new group here, so let's start over. Here's the OP (which is absolutely AMAZING!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase.This.Light (View Post)

banner by dcluv

The many friendships of Dawson's Leery.

Maddie and I are trying to increase the level of discussion on this board and one of the thread ideas we had was for a general friends thread, so here we are. This thread can be used to discuss the many friends Dawson had, outside of the original four cast members. I plan to start either a general friendship thread for the main 4, or else start a Dawson/Pacey one (since Dawson and joey have a thread as do Dawson and Jen).

If anyone has any ideas for the opening post let me know pictures quotes etc, but here's what I have for a start, just some pieces of dialogue whcih show how Dawson was a friend to these people, or how others were his friend.

Thanks to Deb for making a video for this thread.

A Perfect Wedding: Jack

Dawson: (pause) There's a time where she used to come to me.

Jack: Joey?

Dawson: Yeah. Whenever she had bad news or something she wanted to talk about, she would climb through my window and we'd talk for hours and hours. Now she goes to you.

Jack: Dawson, I don't think you should draw any conclusions about your relationship with Joey based on something so circumstantial. I may be friends with her...but you're her soulmate.

The Tao Of Dawson - Gretchen

Dawson: [in his letter to Gretchen] Dear Gretchen, I really enjoyed talking to you in your room today. Try not to be nervous about starting high school. I know you're going to find people that understand you. There's something that I didn't get a chance to tell you. There's someone truly special in my life that I can't stop thinking about. She's unlike anyone I've ever met. Smart and funny and beautiful and just knowing that she's in my life has given me this constant fluttering that keeps me awake at night. When I think about who I can talk to about this, who will understand, the only person that comes to mind is you. And that's a problem because you are the one that I feel this way about. I think about you constantly, every little thing you do. The Elvis Costello sticker you put on your spiral notebook, the way your bangs have grown out every day now for 6 months until Monday when you were finally able to put it all in a ponytail. Today when you invited me to stay and talk to you after Pacey left, it occurred to me that you must think of me too. If I tried to tell anyone else, they would say that you and I are impossible, that our lives are too different, that we could never be right for each other. But we understand each other and we care about each other and years from now I believe that we still will. Your friend forever, love, Dawson.

Tamara's Return - Andie

Andie: Has Pacey said anything to you about...possibly liking someone?

Dawson: Liking someone? Liking who?

Andie: Liking, oh, I don't know...me?

Dawson: Uh, not that I recall.

Andie: Oh.

Dawson: But that doesn't mean he doesn't like you. He could very well like you. He just doesn't say anything to me. Why? Do you... do you like him?

Andie: Me? Like Pacey? No way... well... maybe... possibly.

Dawson: Why don't you just tell him?

Andie: I could never, EVER tell Pacey that. I mean, he's a pig. He's obnoxious. There's just no way, and you have to swear to me that you will not tell him either.

Dawson: Why do I feel like I'm in 2nd grade?

Andie: Dawson, please.

Dawson: Okay, I won't say a word. I swear. But...I've know Pacey a long time, and that obnoxious pig behavior is sometimes his attempt at flirtation.

Andie: Really?

Dawson: Yeah.

Andie: Okay! Thanks! I'll see you around!

Double Date: Mary Beth

Dawson: Mary Beth?

Mary Beth: Oh God. I'm so embarressed. Good ol' Mary Beth... creating scenes wherever she goes.

Dawson: Please Mary Beth I'm the one who should be embarressed. I have an explanation and this time I owe you the truth. And you have every right to be upset with...everything you told me before... everything that I convinced you wasn't the truth...well it was. You're right. I'm not over Jen yet. Not nearly. And I came on this date not to help her but to get her back.

Mary Beth: Dawson look. You're a nice guy and I like you. Do I like you like you? No. You're a little too narotic for that.

Dawson: Okay. So then why did you go out with me?

Mary Beth: First I felt sorry for you. I mean you seemed to be still hung up on Jen. And ya know, you seemed nice enough. And my Saturday wasn't exactly action packed.

Dawson: Ok. So if it wasn't my feelings for Jen that upset you what was it? Mary Beth?

Mary Beth: Do you ever notice how Cliff's eyes sort of smile when he talks to you?

Dawson: Oh God you have a crush on Cliff?

The Scare: Ursela

Ursela: See, I knew that you had an issue. I have this extra circular sensory thing. You just broke up with a girl that's inside. I felt the emotion. Don't you worry, she loves you back.

Dawson: What do you know about it?

Ursela: I know that she wants you. And you have been scaring her all night so its obvious that you want her.

Dawson: I haven't scared her once tonight. I've been scaring Joey.

Ursela: Yeah, the brunette. Cute, fiesty. The two of you will work out.

Dawson: Jen's my ex-girlfriend, not Joey.

Ursela: Then, there's your problem. You're dating the wrong girl.

Dawson: No. Joey an I have this intense friendship. We got that extra sensory canal thing. You know, I don't get this. I set it on a timer so it will go off right at eleven.

His Leading Lady: Devon

Devon: You know you impressed me today.

Dawson: I did?

Devon: Yeah, you know, it's interesting that you put such effort into making this script almost precisely match reality and yet you change the ending. You know my psyche profesor would say--

Dawson: Let me guess, he would say that I should put away all hopes of the past and focus on the future.

Devon: Very good. Look I just wanted to say that I think you show real potential in being a director.

Dawson: Thank you. I appreciate that.

Devon: Are you sure you don't want to grab a bite to eat or something?

Dawson: I'll definitely take you up on that some other time but right now...I just want to be here.

Devon: Okay. Have a good night.

The Lost Weekend: Audrey

Dawson: But there is nobody here.

Audrey: Oh, but see there. You’re here, and I’m here

Dawson: You’re the tour guide.

Audrey: Bingo. You can thank me later for rocking your world.

Day out of Day's: Audrey

Dawson: Hey.

Audrey: You came.

Dawson: Yeah. You called, right?

Audrey: The fact that I recently destroyed your house with an automobile must have, uh, slipped my mind when I was dialing. I freaked out, ok?

Dawson: What, then or right now?

Audrey: Both, I guess.

Dawson: What are you even doing here, Audrey?

Audrey: Here in L.A. Or here at this weird party?

Dawson: Either one.

Audrey: I don't know. One minute, jack and I are, like, in a parking lot off sunset talking to these guys in a limo, and the next minute, we're here, and it's morning, and... [Sighs] Like I said, I just freaked, and... you were the only person that I knew would be in this area code and would definitely be awake at this hour.

Dawson: What about your parents.

Audrey: Please.

Dawson: Do they even know that school started back already?

Audrey: No. I wasn't ready to go back last week, so I lied a little bit. I didn't want to face the grand tribunal of judgment. I'm ready now, though. And I'm going to be good from now on, Dawson, I swear. Just... don't be mad. I mean, don't be any more mad than you already are.

Dawson: [Sighs] All right. Just... tell me you realize how stupid it is to get in a car full of strangers that you meet in a parking lot.

Sleeping Arrangements: Grams

Grams: [Sighs] Jack left this behind. I think it must be the work of the devil. It's had me under it's spell for 2 hours now. [Sighs] So how was registration, Dawson?

Dawson: Uh... a little weird. I don't really fit in there.

Grams: Why?

Dawson: Well... because I'm not really that mad at the government, and I don't smoke clove cigarettes, and apparently, I don't know nearly enough about the French new wave.

Grams: Oh, well, you'll just have to show them a thing or 2. Won't you?

Dawson: That's right. Grams? I, um... I just wanna say, I... [Sighs] It's gotta be weird for you seeing Jen and me together... under your own roof, no less, and I want you to know that I think your granddaughter's amazing.

Grams: That's very sweet of you, Dawson. And--and--you're right. It has been a bit strange. But I like to think I've come a long way over the past few years with Jennifer’s help. Once upon a time, I couldn't even say the word "penis."

Dawson: You know what, it would... it would be fine by me if you never said it again.

Joey Potter and the Capeside Redemption: Todd

Todd: Hello, hello, hello, hello. Why are we not filming here, leery? The light is perfect. The leading lady is perfect.

Dawson: What the hell are you doing here?

Todd: Well, that sexy mom of yours made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Gale: Ha ha! All I did was e-mail him the script.

Todd: It took me 2 days to bloody download the thing. But when I did, I said this is brilliant. I said this is just the sort of project that Todd needs to be involved with. So I'm here, fully on board, ready to work in whatever menial capacity you may require me.

Dawson: I could really use a D.P.

Todd: Done.

Dawson: And a camera operator.

Todd: Done again. Just get me a triple espresso and I'm good to go.

Dawson: Got it. Um, Todd, I'm the director now.

Todd: Right you are, and a damn good one, too.

[Todd begins looking around for someone else to get it.]

Todd: Um...

Joey: I'll go.

Audrey: Oh, Joey.

Joey: Don't even think about it.

Audrey: But—

[Joey goes to get the coffee.]

Todd: All right, listen up people. Chop, chop. This man here has a movie to make, and we are gonna make it for him or die trying.

Spiderwebs: Todd

Todd: Here.

Dawson: What are these?

Todd: My tickets. They're much better than the ones I gave you. And I think there's some backstage pass in there, too.

Dawson: You don't want to go?

Todd: Between you and me? I'm old... and tired, and if we're going to wrap 4 hours and 35 minutes early, all I want to do is go home and get some sleep. Go get 'em, tiger.

100 Light Years: Oliver

Oliver: So, Dawson, you're thinking about it, aren't you?

Dawson: What?

Oliver: High jacking the car, going to Florida.

Dawson: No. Pfft. No. No. Th-th-that'd be completely ridiculous.

Oliver: Hmm?

Dawson: What, are you stupid? No. It’s... [Sighs] Even if I was, what's left to say at this point?

Oliver: Listen, I don't know what's going through your head, man, but that story... the way you told it... well, it sounds like the sun rises and sets with this girl.

Dawson: It does.

Oliver: So, then why don't you hang your balls out there and tell her that?

Dawson: I feel like I don't have the right. I pushed her away, and she moved on.

Oliver: Well, maybe she has. But until you have that conversation, how will you ever know?

Dawson: [Sighs] Uhh! What about the meeting?

Oliver: Well, we'll reschedule. It happens all the time. Meetings come and go, but this... this is how you achieve true greatness, my friend. Huh?

Dawson: Which way to Florida?

Oliver: Great Caesar’s ghost, let's go!

Let's discuss the friendships we loved. The ones we'd have liked to have seen more of. Take it away people.
We'll start with Audrey

Let's begin at the begining.....Audrey flirted with Dawson when they met, making Joey jealous (of course). Love it or Hate it?

Personally, I LOVED that Audrey flirted with Dawson. It shows her character and I love that Dawson had fun with it! And of course, jealous Joey is always great
Old 07-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Extreme Fan

^^ I liked her too she added a little bit of much needed humor to the show it made the college years bad story lines a little less unbearable to watch.

I remember laughing at Audrey flirting with Dawson but she was loyal to Joey and Knew not to cross that line unlike another popular male character it made Audrey even more likable and her interactions with Dawson were always great she seem to click with him like I said before if there was no Joey I think they would have been great together.

I liked how Dawson was always there for her even in season 6 when the rest of the gang seem to give up on her but that's Dawson and the reason he's a great character

My only complaint with Audrey is with the writers they kinda killed off her character in season 6 like they did with Andy in season 3 to make way for PJ but Dawson visiting her in rehab was a great episode for her and Dawson so I guess it wasn't all bad turning her into a drunk and she did get cleaned up in the end.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

S5 Audrey was amazing. I love how flirty she was with everyone.

I was upset with what they did with her character in S6 too. I remember reading an interview with Busy and she was upset about it too.

The rehab episode was funny....they pretended to be married or dating? Was there something about a pinky toe or something?? I know something was histerical
Old 07-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluv (View Post)
The rehab episode was funny....they pretended to be married or dating? Was there something about a pinky toe or something?? I know something was histerical
6X14 - CLEAN AND SOBER

Quote:
Counselor: Hey, guys. Come on in. Don't be shy. We're here to help.

Dawson: Actually, you know, we're

Audrey: No, you know what? Honey, this is gonna be good for us.

Counselor: Come on, guys, make some room.

[Two people give them their char and grab another from the side of the room]

Dawson: Thank you.

Audrey: Thanks.

[Scene: The rehab center. Audrey and Dawson are sitting in the group session. Dawson seems out of place, but Audrey looks like she is trying to make the best of the situation.]

Counselor:
What's your name?

Audrey: [Southern accent] My name is pinky. They call me that because a ferret bit off my pinky toe when I was 10, and that is when I turned to the drink.

Counselor:
Ok. What is it that you'd like to tell your friend here?

Audrey: Oh, he is more than just a friend, more than just a cousin. We got married real young. Right after the second baby, was it? And then there were some more, but I lost track. They're with mom now in Vegas, but Dawson here, he was always real good to me. Even when I beat him because he knew that I didn't mean it. He knew it was just the alcohol talkin', right?

Dawson: You did do some things that were more violent than that.

Audrey: Well, like what, honey?

Dawson:
Well, how 'bout the time you drove the car through the house and damn near killed us all?

Audrey: He's right about the car. Yeah. There were some things that I did that I probably wouldn't have if I weren't drinkin'.

Counselor: What other things, fingy?

Audrey: Well... like tellin' people things they didn't need to hear just 'cause I wanted to see the looks on their faces. You know, pushin' people away who were just tryin' to help me. Dawson here, he was always... real quiet about it, though. Not judgmental, really, just, you know, kept pickin' me up over and over again.

Counselor: And why do you suppose he did that?
Audrey: I don't really know. I think he's just... the kinda guy who always believes the best in people. And he deserved more than just... the destruction of his property, I suppose.

Dawson:
It's ok, though. We can fix that.

Audrey: [Whispering] But I could've really hurt you.

Dawson:
Yeah, but I think you needed to hit rock bottom before you snapped out of it.

Audrey: Yeah, but I didn't hit rock bottom until a couple of weeks after that.

Dawson: Maybe you just needed to hit it really hard.

Audrey:
[Laughing] [Southern accent] Do you think... that there is still a house for me to come home to after all the construction's done and what not?

Dawson: I promise.

Audrey:
Oh! Dawson, let's have another baby.

Quote:
[Scene: Outside the Rehab Center. Audrey is walking Dawson out to his car. It is now evening out. ]

Dawson: So they're really gonna put you on dish duty, huh?

Audrey: Oh, please, that's a godsend. It gets me out of kumbaya-ing for the night.

Dawson: Well, why did you have to give us so many kids?

Audrey: Whatever! Why did you have to get all earnest with the bag lady about the nature of the biz? [Laughs] Ohh. [Sighs] You know, it wasn't entirely fictional, the therapy session. I was feeling like there was some hardcore healing going on in there.

Dawson: Good. Just sucks you had to get in trouble to do it.

Audrey: Dawson. Stalking some woman through the hallways and crashing a therapy session was more fun than I ever could've imagined. You have no idea what a relief it was to just... not talk about myself and my problems all day. And darned if it didn't end up helping my problems out anyway.

Dawson: Hate when that happens.

Audrey: I know. You seem a little less self-absorbed than when you got here. You better get yourself back to L.A. Proper fast.

Dawson: Yeah, really. I don't know, I think it was just seeing somebody I admire so much give up on life like that. I don't know, I might be floundering for my next move, but I'm not that bad.

Audrey: Dawson, I haven't given up on life.

Dawson: I'm talking about Toni Stark.

Audrey: Oh. Right. [Giggles] See? You're good. The next time you come, you bring me Nyquil.

Dawson: There doesn't even have to be a next time. You're almost outta here.

Audrey: I don't know, it's like... as much as I hate it here, I'm sorta scared more of what's beyond the gate 'cause it's all kind of a blur, but... I don't think I left things on the best of terms out there.

Dawson: It can all be just like it was. Minus the bad parts.

Audrey: You know, actually, I kinda don't think I can, but... kinda glad about that. [Giggles]

Dawson: Come here.

[They hug.]

Audrey: [Sighs] Thank you.

Dawson: Bye.

Audrey: See ya.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

Audrey: [Southern accent] My name is pinky. They call me that because a ferret bit off my pinky toe when I was 10, and that is when I turned to the drink.

^^ that may be the best line of S6

Audrey: Oh! Dawson, let's have another baby.
^^

Thanks for bringing over those scenes Luke!! I liked that Audrey and Dawson got to have a full day together hanging out

Ok, so I saw this and thought it was histerical and really wanted to post it on this board. So I guess it would fit here. (credit to joshua jackson network)

Quote:
Who needs Comic-Con, when you’ve got PACEY-CON?

So what exactly is Pacey-Con? Why, it’s just about the best thing for a Josh Jackson fan, ever!

For those of you that were able to witness it (sadly, I was trapped inside the convention center for Comic-Con), Josh Jackson made a special appearance as Pacey Witter and had his own convention going on across the street from Comic-Con. He dubbed it, “Pacey-Con 2010: From Capeside to San Diego”.

After some research about this event, it appears that it was part of a skit/prank put on by the folks from FunnyorDie.com. Hopefully, we’ll have a video soon. The best part though, was where Josh wrote fan fiction and was selling it for $10. HA! It’s great to see Josh’s sense of humor and it seems like this was a big hit! He took it even a step further and tried to get into the original Comic-Con, where security “wouldn’t let him in” and he “raised” a big “fuss” over it. All in fun, mind you.
he's got on a pacey shirt and everything. i can't wait to see the video and i really wanna kno what the fanfiction says (better be some good PJ news for us ) Gotta give Josh credit...this is pretty funny
Old 07-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Extreme Fan

^^ it is funny I never thought Josh would want to relive his pacey days in any form but I guess he doesn't care that's cool he's not ashamed of it like some actors get with old stuff they did.

I would Like to read his fan-fiction too I wonder if he gave Dawson a storyline or maybe the fan-fiction is just dumb like a joke.

You know I would love to read a DC fan-fiction written by James I would really like to see what he would come up with.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

The fanfiction was meant to be really funny. I'm interested to read it so I hope it pops up online! Actually, he's apparently reading it in the video that is to be released. I really don't care if he bashes Dawson in it....all I want is P/Jo to be broken up

I'm keeping an eye out for the video.

EDIT

The video's up!!! Pacey-Con with Joshua Jackson from Joshua Jackson - Video
I'm on the phone with tech support again so I can't watch it at the moment be back...

EDIT

Ok, so he doesn't say much of the fanfic in the video. Nor does he mention Joey. He says Dawson's name about sometihng but I couldn't understand the context. Overall, pretty histerical

Last edited by dcluv; 07-27-2010 at 01:18 PM
Old 07-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for bringing the link Kimberly

Josh says in the video pacey is the greatest TV character ever on TV. he's kidding but his Pacey fans really say that so I wonder what they think of him making a joke of it.

You know seeing Josh in a Pacey shirt with him being older and everything he looks different I wonder how weird a Reunion show would look with the whole cast?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Josh says in the video pacey is the greatest TV character ever on TV. he's kidding but his Pacey fans really say that so I wonder what they think of him making a joke of it.
^^hmmm....interesting point! i'm sure they're just going along with it.

I think a reunion wouldn't look weird. He does look weird cuz he's wearing the "classic" pacey shirt. Unless Pacey is back to bumming around Capeside and living in Dougie's apartment, I doubt he's wearing that (i'm thinking more series finale). Ya know what I never really realized before? The journey of the Pacey shirt. S1 (and S2?) it was the classic striped shirt. Then he backed away from that. Yet, in 622 the Pacey shirt was back. I never caught onto the symbolism of that. It shows how Pacey gave up and was going back to being the lazy i don't care about anything guy. Luckily, things went well for him and he wasn't wearing those shirts in the series finale Yes, I wish the best for Pacey as an individual....with a life that does not include waking up to Joey Potter every morning.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Good point with the Pacey shirt's but let me ask you this Kimberly what would it symbolize if Dawson was wearing a sweater vest in a DC Reunion show.

Oh and Just so everyone knows I hated Pacey stabbing Dawson in the back by stealing Joey but I still wanted a happy ending for Pacey too just not with Joey.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

I think we agree... I didn't hate Pacey in general (I am a Pacey/Andie shipper ), he just annoyed me when he was around Ms. Potter.

The shirt actually freaked me out a little in the Pacey-Con stuff... such flashbacks I'd kind of wish the Pacey/Dawson friendship had been resolved better... and that the stupid money thing wasn't used to rip them apart yet again

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 07-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

Oh, god. The sweater vest. It would mean that Dawson has been frozen in time since 1998.

Quote:
Oh and Just so everyone knows I hated Pacey stabbing Dawson in the back by stealing Joey but I still wanted a happy ending for Pacey too just not with Joey.
^^Same.

Quote:
he just annoyed me when he was around Ms. Potter
^^I didn't like him in S1 either though. S2 and S5 i really like Pacey. And for me, same goes with Joey. she annoys me beyond belief when she's around Pacey. Her personality changes. She just seems immature around him.