Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We didn't even get a chance to have the talk

That whole scene was so funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Karen* (View Post)
I think in the later years Jack was a better friend to Dawson than Pacey was.
Very true. I think it was all after the summer from hell, and Jen, Andie and Jack got real close to Dawson. Jack definately was a better friend, he was the one Dawson talked to about Gretchen and also Joey. And when Dawson saved Jack after he plunged into the pool, he confided in Dawson and shared what he was going through, with him. And he talked to him, even before he told about this to Jen.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In the finale did they ever mention how long it'd been since Dawson had seen Jen or Jack?
Old 01-31-2009, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, Jack hadnt seen Jen in a long time, so there's no way Dawson had seen any of them either in those 5 years. I think only Joey was keeping in touch with Dawson(), and no one else was in touch with the others anymore.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't buy that either. I can't imagine Dawson being out of contact with jen for too long. They were such great friends.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wait. I remember Dawson talking to Joey about how dissatisfied he is with the way things are, in the finale and saying that he forgot that Jen had a baby, so he obviously knew about it, and that means that he and Jen had kept in touch.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Unless he only knew about it through Gale knowing.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jen was in NY, so I dont quite buy the idea of Dawson knowing about her having a baby through Gail. But maybe, since Joey was in NY too, and she wrote to Dawson, she couldve told her. But I'd like to think that Dawson knew it, cuz Jen and he were in touch, not regularly, but caught up with each other sometimes.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think all we've done is prove how much the finale and the outcome made no sense. It's like the writers didn't want anything to happen between the cast if it wasn't during an episode. I would imagine that Dawson would have seen Jen not long after she had the baby.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

^^ Oh absolutely. Dawson was too good of a friend to Jen to have NOT seen her baby since she had been born. As a matter of fact, Dawson probably would've been one of the first ones at the hospital, going by his history of dropping everything and running to be there for his friends.

In all honesty, we "knew" Dawson better than the DC writers did. Better than Kevin did when he wrote the finale. Dawson had too big of a heart and was too close to Jen, Joey, Jack, and probably even Audrey and Pacey to have let all of those years go by with little to no contact.

avi: Beatriz
Old 02-06-2009, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ IA. In the finale, when they showed that Joey had been emailing him over the years, and he didnt reply, I couldnt believe it. Can you believe Dawson not keeping in touch with Joey? And reading her mails but never replying to them??

Its true that we understood his character much better than the writers ever did. He was a great friend and there's no way he couldnt have been in contact with his pals for such a long time.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree too. It's one of the things that makes the latter seasons so frustrating, the one thing Dawson was great at above and beyond everything else was his friendships and being there for others and to think that he would read someone's e-mail and not reply or not see jen's baby after she was born...it's heartbreaking to think about.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It is heartbreaking. But I think its equally difficult to believe. We all knew Dawson to be a better person than he was shown in the later episodes of S6. Not only were the DC writers guilty of tossing creative integrity into the bin, but for terrible inconsistency and poor characterisation too.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyways, bag to nice things.

I loved how Dawson was always there for Jen in season 2 when she was going through a tough time.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, that was nice i really didn't like michelle's hair so short, so she bugged me in S2 Jen changed dramatically between S1, S2, and S3 I think i liked her best in S3 rather than S1 and S2....S2 was the worst for her IMO
Old 02-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always felt Jen didn't get the best storylines and was more often than not just used as a plot device. But she was there for Dawson when he needed her too.

It's nice to know their friendship wasn't one sided.