Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well,i loved Dawson's scenes with Mr.Brooks.
I liked how they started out pretty much loathing one another,yet with time,Dawson started to admire him for his talent and dug through the cold exterior to know and love the caring and lonely man he was inside and Mr.Brooks came to love Dawson as his own son and encouraged him when he seemed to have lost his inspiration.

This was one of my favourite scenes.More than what they say,i liked the part where Dawson is helping Mr.Brooks into his chair and Mr.Brooks takes the oppurtunity and hugs him tight and looks like he's going to cry.I teared up in that moment.

Quote:
Brooks: Hey, when are you going to tell me more about your girl?

Dawson: Gretchen? The one you referred to as the local ditz?

Brooks: Ahh, that was said with great affection. (Dawson laughs)

Dawson: She's uh… she's pretty terrific. We're taking it easy.

Brooks: Don't take it too easy and become my age, ya hear me?

Dawson: I hear ya.

Brooks: Still young enough to fall in and out of love a few more times before you get it right.

Dawson: That doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Brooks: It isn't. It is. And it isn't. It's worth it every damn time.

Dawson: Someone's on a prophetic roll this evening.

Brooks: Pancreatic cancer would make a prophet out of anybody.

Dawson: I guess I'll head out, unless there's anything else you want me to do.

Brooks: Yeah, I uh, hard for me to get out of this chair. Give me a hand, will ya?

Dawson: Yeah, sure. (Dawson helps him up, holding on to Mr. Brooks. Mr. Brooks hugs Dawson. Dawson hugs him back.) There ya go.

Brooks: Yeah. The pictures not half bad. Not just because it's about me.(awww...)

Dawson: We should make another one sometime.

Brooks: Anytime, kid. Anytime
Old 10-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think how the friendship of Dawson and Brooks changed was a surprise to me. I wouldn't have expected them to end up friends from their first encounter in The two gentlemen of capeside.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mr.Brooks seemed to be a nasty old man but he turned out to be a great man and a good friend and inspiration to Dawson. Dawson was there for him when no one else was and they helped each other. Brooks helped him rediscover his passion for movies and Dawson gave what the very lonely Mr.Brooks needed, company. And hope. Dawson gives that to all.

Why dont the others post here?? this thread doesnt seem to be moving at all!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know!

It's really only dawned on me, that given the DC ending, Dawson was in the same position as Brooks. It looks like his career was a success and was taking off but he wasn't happy in his love life and that's kinda tragic to me.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

More than the non-DJo ending it was the bitter ending of Dawson which infuriated me. We all know he wasnt the married-to-work sorts, he believed in romance and love more than anyone else. he of all people deserved a happy and romantic ending. He was always so scared of ending up like Brooks, and the way i see it, he did, in a way!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ive been wanting to talk about Jack and Dawson's friendship for a long time, and since i was watching Coda, I just had to come, discuss how awesome these two were in S4. I think Jack was a great friend to him during the phase when he was dealing with the whole Joey issue, and he encouraged him to follow his heart when it came to his feelings for Gretchen. I loved their conversations in Coda especially.

Quote:
[Jack reached into his car and pulls out a cell phone and hands it to Dawson.]

Jack: Ha ha ha.

Dawson: You didn't?

Jen: Well, we figured that you should have one in L.A.

Jack: It was either that or a BMW.

Dawson: You guys, this-- you didn't have to do this. This is too much.

Jack: Don't get too excited. We can only afford, like, what, 5 minutes of air time?

Dawson: This is great. Thank you.

Jack: Sure.

Jen: Ok, you guys. Get it over with. Hug.

All: Ha ha ha.

Dawson: Come here.

Jack: All right, man. Heh. Have fun in L.A., All right? Stay cool.

Dawson: I'll do my best.

Jack: Shouldn't be too difficult.

Dawson: Heh. Why? 'Cause I was never really cool to begin with?

Jack: You said it, not me.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There are probably 2 friendship scenes that stick out for me when it comes to Dawson and Jack. The one you just posted and the one in Perfect wedding.

Quote:
Dawson: Okay, I talk to her for 20 minutes and she wants to jump out of a window, you come in and in two minutes, you save her marriage. (confused) How do you do that?

Jack: Well, I train with this Indian shamin who lives up in the woods.

(They laugh.)

Jack: I don't know. I guess I just happen to say the right things.

Dawson: (pause) There's a time where she used to come to me.

Jack: Joey?

Dawson: Yeah. Whenever she had bad news or something she wanted to talk about, she would climb through my window and we'd talk for hours and hours. Now she goes to you.

Jack: Dawson, I don't think you should draw any conclusions about your relationship with Joey based on something so circumstantial. I may be friends with her...but you're her soulmate.

Dawson: You just told the bride you don't believe in soulmates.

Jack: I don't believe in perfect love, but I do believe that there are people who's lives are inextricably intertwined, who have a bond that lasts forever. That can never be broken. And she needs you now, man. You're the only one that knows her whole history. You're the only one that knows what she's going through.

Dawson: I know! And I keep on reaching out to her but between her pride...and this wedding. It's--I can't connect.

Jack: Maybe what she needs is for you to force a connection.

It's funny, because even now there's nothing I can recall in a lot of detail. I remember a snippet from "Coming Home" when they talk about Gretchen...okay, the more I am typing the more I remember I also remember when they are decorating the nursery and they find the letter Dawson wrote to Gretchen but never gave her.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They had great moments in S4, mostly when they discussed about Gretchen. The scene in The Perfect Wedding was great. He was a DJer too.

These two didnt quite get off to a good start since he was dating Joey after she broke up with Dawson, but i loved how they became good friends. And though he was new to their world, he could instantly see the connection DJo had. He was the first one to call him, her soulmate.

I love this scene in S4, at the party Drue threw, and Jack is talking about football with Dawson...

Quote:
Jack: Yeah, it's funny. You think something is making your life a living hell, and when it's gone, you really miss it. (Joey walks in and Dawson and Jack notice her) But then again, I guess you probably know that feeling.

Dawson: Yeah.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure.Magic (View Post)
They had great moments in S4, mostly when they discussed about Gretchen.
It almost seems as though Jack became like the Pacey of the earlier seasons. he's who Dawson sort of confided in about his feelings for someone.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

that's true

I liked when Dawson rescued Jack from drowning in the pool in 100 Light Years from Home ...the boy has awesome timing
Old 01-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Plus wet Dawson.

Thanks Jack.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

yup ...i love the blue shirt and kaki pants he changed into afterwards too
Old 01-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think in the later years Jack was a better friend to Dawson than Pacey was.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

that is very true.

One of my favorite scenes from S5 is the one between Dawson, Pacey and Jack in Appetite For Destruction

Quote:
[Scene: Grams dining room. Pacey and Jack are smiling, giggling and staring at Dawson while still seating at the table.]

Pacey: [Sighs] So... Dawson... Dawson leery.

Dawson: That's my name.

Pacey: Yep. Well, come on, man.

Dawson: Come on, what?

Pacey: Well, first off, why aren't you eating your risotto, but second and far more importantly, why, oh, why did you choose to take the lovely and talented Jen Lindley away for the weekend?

Jack: A woman even my tribe can't resist?

Pacey: A woman who has tugged at the heartstrings of rehabilitated rebels and frat boys alike, and here you are not sharing the details?

Dawson: I got nothin' to share.

Pacey: Really? So that's why you've been staring at the bathroom door like you wish you had telekinetic powers, which means to me that either you are very, very concerned about Audrey's wardrobe, or perhaps you're concerned about Joey.

Jack: Hey, call me crazy, but I don't think Joey's gonna mind a little kissing, unless, of course, something more happened.

Pacey: Now, there's an interesting idea, but what more could have happened?

Dawson: [Sighs] Guys, I'm not gonna go over the bases with ya.

Pacey: I didn't say bases. Did you say bases?

Jack: Guys, we don't need details.

Dawson: All right. I'll be right back.

Pacey: Bases is plural.

[Dawson walks out the room and closes the partition doors]

Jack: Mmm. He did.

Pacey: You think?

Jack: Yeah. Definitely did. You feel different? I do.

Pacey: I do. I feel different. I mean, here we have Dawson Leery walking amongst us, and I gotta tell ya, I'm a little worried that maybe he wasn't prepared. We didn't even get a chance to have the talk. How do you know?

Jack: Mmm, it's not so much him as it is her. I mean, sick as it sounds, I know the look.

Pacey: Oh, man. You know, we almost did, too.

Jack: Mmm, I know. I know. Come to think of it, we almost did once, too.

Pacey: Hmm. What do you think it takes?

Jack: A virgin and a straight guy.

Pacey: [Click] Damn.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that scene, Particularly Jack's last line.