Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

JVDB News Thread #16 Because we want more videos from our little tweeterbee!

---------------------------------------------------

*James has joined the cast of NBC's "Mercy"

*Formosa Betrayed - Hits theatres February 2010 - Official Website

Movie Trailer

Upcoming Projects (without release dates)

*Winning
*A Shadow in the City: Confessions of an Undercover Drug Warrior
*The Fifth Mafia
*Zoe (?)

---------------------------------------------------
I will update more later!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Ok, so we're stuck with this wacky title because no one would suggest anything else It's never too late to change it though!! Ideas??!

Last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas William (View Post)
James IMDb page took the movie "Zoe" off I wonder why ?
That's odd. I was going to say that maybe that was one of the movies that James said he saw on there but had never heard of before, but recently there have been a few articles popping up about the movie and they all list James I think that perez article from a few weeks ago was about that movie. Maybe it's a mistake. James says he has no control of his page on that website.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Extreme Fan

^^ Yeah who knows But it would be nice if James had some movies going this summer. IMDb took like a life time to put Mrs. Miracle on even after it was on TV so Yeah like you said other articles and Perez mentioned James is in it maybe "Zoe" is still in pre-production.

By the way where the heck is everyone ? It's just you me and Karen today.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Well, Jen isn't going to be back until the end of the month I think....she has her parents visiting...or maybe she's visiting her parents. i don't remember exactly

Sandra, Janice, Maddie, Bea.....???

I see this thread has 26 views but only 3 replies....we have some lurkers don't be shy...join us! we love new posters!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Loyal Fan

haha im still here! I check during the day but dont post, im currently working a lot (got a week off from school)

But since theres notting new i dont get back on when i get home...sorry! But im there when something new happens

He needs to get his site up! Its taking too long, plus hes gotten us all confused what is real and what not!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

Have fun with your week off that stinks that you have to vote though

News has been horribly slow this week. We've been spoiled these past few weeks!

We need Janice to dig up the hidden news
Old 02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

I made it here today! Woo hoo! It hasn't been easy lately...

Thanks for the new thread! We're going to go through withdrawals if we don't get something new soon. There's been such steady James news lately. Hmmm...

avi: Beatriz
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Maddie for posting today! hope things get easier for you

Quote:
James Van Der Beek (vanderjames) on Twitter
Nicki's review is in! RT @NICKIMINAJ btw, LOVED Michelle Trachtenberg's version of me! she's a fckn barBie Video: Barbie In Full Effect: Michelle Trachtenberg In The Whip Doing Nicki Minaj's Verse For "Shaking It 4 Daddy"!
about 1 hours ago via web
i think james and michelle should turn this into a new video every few weeks thing
Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

James interview! James Van Der Beek | TheCelebrityCafe.com I guess it's legit. I've never heard of that website before. And James gives the same answers to the same questions. I feel like anyone could have just combined his recent interviews into this one and said it's exclusive. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
AM: Was filming this movie a different experience than filming other movies because it was based on true events?

JVDB: You always try to find the truth and try to make the people as real as possible whether they based off real people or not.
That's what makes James such a great actor too. He really gets into the story's and is so good at making whatever character he plays feel so real like a person in real life.

Yeah it is the same old stuff but it is still a pretty good interview. better than no news
Old 02-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Losing your temper with a buddhist will get you nowhere with the buddhist, and will only make you look like an a**hole.

haha, what did he expect?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

I haven't posted the tweets lately cuz I was hoping that would get more posters feeling the need to post and share them...thanks Sandra!!! Apparently, Janice has disappeared. She used to post them the second they were up...

Here's what goes with that tweet:

Quote:
To honor "Formosa Betrayed", all week I'll post what I wrote down after a 22 hour work day (& 1 beer) after 5 weeks of shooting in Bangkok.
about 20 hours ago via web
Quote:
Losing your temper with a buddhist will get you nowhere with the buddhist, and will only make you look like an a**hole.
about 20 hours ago via web
Quote:
2) Bowing to your coworkers makes shaking hands look embarrassingly primitive... plus you don't need hand sanitizer afterwards.
about 1 hours ago via web
I love that James is doing this! What a great way to promote the movie!!! His comments are so funny!! I can't wait for tomorrow's!

EDIT

another one!

Quote:
3) Humidity can be an acquired taste. The smell of the sewers in Bangkok, I believe, cannot.
15 minutes ago via web
eeeew

Last edited by dcluv; 02-24-2010 at 10:03 PM
Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

He's posting more than one a day

Quote:
4) Random thundershowers and torrential downpours are to be awed and enjoyed, no matter the circumstances.
about 9 hours ago via web
Quote:
5) Spicy food can clean you out. Whether or not that’s a good thing depends entirely on the speed with which that's accomplished.
about 8 hours ago via web
^^eeew, James! too much information!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

I just happened to be checking his twitter when he updated!! ...we're both looking at the same screen... ...

Quote:
6) Being deliriously tired often leads to a lack of self awareness, which, for actors, is almost always a good thing.
half a minute ago via web
Old 02-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

You guys can comment on these

Quote:

7) At hour 20, a dirty countertop in the dingy slum apt. in which you’re shooting is all the bed you need for a quick 15-minute nap.
about 17 hours ago via web
Quote:

8) At the end of something, how tired you might have been during the process doesn’t matter… how much effort you put in does.
about 16 hours ago via web
I love how he dedicates himself to his work so much. Not many actors would do that. 20 hour days....!!! He must have been exhausted!

Quote:

9) Thai transgenders, A.K.A. "Lady Boys" make better ladies than they do boys.
about 3 hours ago via web
^^Ok......that one wins the weirdest observation award

Quote:

10) Colds and line forgetfulness are as contagious on set as swine flu at a swingers party .
about 2 hours ago via web

Quote:

11) Doing good work you believe in for no money is more fulfilling than doing work you don’t believe in for the paycheck.
about 2 hours ago via web
^^I love that about James. It tells you a lot about his character

Really good interview

Quote:

He spent six years on his own creek and, in-between, struggled through some varsity blues and obeyed a few rules of attraction. Now, after a bit of time outside the spotlight, James Van Der Beek has returned to screens both large and small. He has the starring role in a current film (“Formosa Betrayed”), a supporting role in a coming film (“Stolen”) and a recurring role on the television hospital drama “Mercy.” He answered a few questions about his recent projects, as well as the effects of growing up Dawson.

Q.In “Formosa Betrayed,” you play an FBI agent who is sent to Taiwan to investigate a murder and uncovers a conspiracy. This is definitely a weightier role than the kind you’ve done in the past. Were you intentionally seeking a role like this?

A.I’ve always loved the political movies of the ’70s, like “Three Days of the Condor,” “All the President’s Men,” “TheParallax View.” So I’d always kind of wanted to make a movie like that. But I think in terms of doing something weightier, I’m older now. And I look old enough to play these characters believably, so I can play an F.B.I. agent or a doctor, where 5 or 6 years ago, I just probably looked to young to be able to do it.

Q.There was a noticeable gap in your film and television résumé between the end of “Dawson’s Creek” and now. What was going on then?

I was just burned out. When you find yourself on the set just wanting to go home, that’s not a good thing. [ that's sad] By the time that show was done, I came back to New York. I did some theater. And then I was just beat. So I took a little time off, ducked beneath the radar for a little bit, recharged, figured out what I really wanted to do. And then just started saying yes to things that I’d been offered that I’d been saying no to previously. I started really to fall in love with acting again.

Q.When you took time off, were you thinking about doing something else, careerwise?

A.I wrote a little bit. I acquired some properties. This is all stuff that I have in my back pocket. But yeah, I thought I’d give myself a little more time to act and then maybe go behind the camera at some point. But now I’m having a lot of fun in front of it. It took a long time. But I think there’s a degree of appreciation you can’t necessarily reach unless you have some space from it.

Q.You play the new chief of the I.C.U. on the television show “Mercy.” The characters have built a kind of family at the hospital. Then your character comes in and shakes up that family dynamic. He seems as if he’s from a different planet. What has it been like playing such a divisive character?

A.For whatever reason, it was one of the easiest characters to slip into. I’m grateful to be there and so I appreciate the work and the writing. As opposed to being the character who’s number one on the call sheet and the lead of the show. Where I’m at right now, I get to come into an already established family and become a catalyst, stir things up, step on some toes.

Q.Are you still getting called Dawson by people on the street?

A.Every once in a while. It kinda goes away though. But that’s how a lot of people were introduced to me. And that’s what they’ll remember until I give them an excuse to remember me by a different name and then they’ll call me that for a little while. But it is one of the highest forms of flattery if they associate you so closely with a character. It means they bought it. So I try to think of it as a compliment. [Wow, he's definitely grown up about that. I remember him saying how he hated being called Dawson on the streets and people said that he would yell back "That's not my name!" ]

Last edited by dcluv; 02-26-2010 at 04:09 PM