Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

Dora: swap both of them for new bosses?

Ugh, that is all backwards with the kids Unless the exchange program is gonna actually help them with passing their exams, it's a bit crazy sending them off on a trip just before them.

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 05-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

That would probably be the best solution

And that trip to Sweden is actually a cycling trip around the country so I don't think there'll be much studying going on there

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 05-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh, that's a rather useless trip. Well, it's healthy, I suppose

Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

I feel like having a great boss is a rare thing. Bosses tend to be pushy, that gives them the job. Then being a boss gives them an ego boost which turns them into jerks. Not all bosses, but many.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

This is true. Having a good boss is very nearly a miracle

Old 06-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Guess I got lucky with being part of our family business then

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
Old 06-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

OK, seriously? We're barely scraping by, if that & even if I want to, I can't do posting sprees because I only have a limited time here & each page takes forever to load?!? And that's when I can get on here at all. UGH. get yourself together.

/end rant

Old 06-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Urgh, another rant over Michael's boss coming up.

We wanted to go to Florence for the weekend at the end of June for which she gave her consent for one day off (Friday). All excited we paid for the hotel (which isn't cheap) and a ticket for a concert that will probably never take place again. Not to mention we spent several hundred Euros to have Michael's car prepared for such a long journey and Italy is one of the most expensive countries in Europe when it comes to gas prices.

Michael even told me that his boss especially marked that day as Michael having the day off on her calendar where she enters all days off.

And now, yesterday, without consulting him, she tells him that he MUST attend some cycling event and today when he wanted to discuss that with her, she has taken two days off so he won't be able to talk to her until Friday and nobody else in the building has the authority to make decisions on leaves, etc.

I mean, SERIOUSLY? And apparently she even said when telling him of a change in plans that "of course you don't have anything planned though, do you?"

No, of course, he lives just to serve you for a minimum wage and for you to use him any way you please

Michael will try to talk to her on Friday and if nothing else works, I'll come over to talk to her and perhaps we'll even make an appointment with her superior. I WILL NOT cancel my hard earned weekend in Florence with Michael for which we of course paid so much in advance in order to get a really good deal because of her. One of those rare weekends that I can spend with Michael and she goes and wants to mess it up and then just simply doesn't come to work

Old 06-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh, she's a complete nightmare it's not right of her to assume he booked a day off and didn't have anything planned. I think talking to her superior is the right thing to do, Dora, it seems like nothing else will work anymore Hope you manage to sort it out.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Michael talked to her the other day and reminded her that she'd promised him that day off a while ago so she said that it was okay. For next week she still made a fuss but Michael found a way for us to still go to Munich the week afterwards, just not for 4 days, but for us to return on the night train on the very same day. We are lucky it's a summer festival close to a residential area so the concert starts and ends sooner which means it is no problem to catch the night train at midnight and be back by 6 AM. We can stay in Munich for longer some other time, it's easy accessible by train.

He is a blood donor and as such, by law, he has the right to donate blood when he chooses and on that day gets a day off regardless of whether the employer agrees with that or not. Of course there's a limited number of days you can do that but he hasn't used them all yet so in case she doesn't allow him to go to Munich in July (those are the 2 days that she made a fuss over) he can do that. In Slovenia being a blood donor is right on top of the list of values so if she makes a fuss, Michael has every right to go to her superior and tell him that he has been denied a basic right that he has as a regular blood donor for several years for which she can be even criminally liable, therefore we both believe she won't do that.

It sucks that we have to do that but luckily the hotel for Munich has only been reserved but not paid yet and can be cancelled until the very last day, while train tickets are readily available even during high season, especially if you travel during the week.

And Michael already said that if she'll continue making a fuss over his days off during summer, he'll take them at the beginning of the school year. He has only a 1-year contract and again, by law, is required to use up all the days off he is entitled to by his employment contract.

Now we are just glad that she gave him that one day off for the trip that has already been paid for in full and with Munich we can be more flexible. I am taking that entire week off anyway and Michael only starts work ( = for that day he is ABSOLUTELY required to accompany his co-workers and kids to the local swimming pool that belongs to the municipality and is as such secured and equipped with lifeguards ) later on during the day so it can be done.

And if she makes a fuss over anything, he'll talk to her superiors about her behaviour.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

i wouldnt mind throwing that brick for you
Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

I'm gonna join the brick throwing on Michael's behalf. It's so sad that he'd have to resort to such measures only to get days off that she's already OK'd for him to have.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks girls back

Old 06-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

*throws bricks at being sick* I swear, my life is a giant illness. Been achy, tired, and sore throat for three days now. It's summertime. Who gets sick in the summer?! Oh yeah, I do.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

*throws bricks for Kimberly*

Michael learnt this morning that the reason his boss is making such a huge fuss over his days off is because she wants to take extra holidays that she's not entitled to herself during that time. He was really pissed as this is not only unfair but it is also against the law. So, if need be, he'll also use this information and threaten with reporting her to her superiors and his employer (he is employed and paid for by the Slovenian Employment Service, his boss is just his superior in the institution that had a public worker granted) who will probably be most glad to hear of her denying him the days off he is entitled to in order to grant herself more holidays than she is allowed to.

I seriously do not understand some people