Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jonathan Kirk/The Storm - He can be our calm in the storm anyday.

The Storm airs Sunday, July 26 and Sunday, August 2 on NBC (9-11 p.m. ET)

YouTube - THE STORM • PREMIERES JULY 26 ON NBC • rhitv.com

CAST David James Elliott | John Laroquette | Marisol Nichols | Luke Perry | Teri Polo | James Van Der Beek | Treat Williams

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER Robert Halmi Jr.

"The Storm" is an epic miniseries event where the changeable forces of nature combine -- in the air, on land, in the seas -- as the world counts down its final, catastrophic hours. Golden Globe and Emmy Award nominee Treat Williams ("Everwood") and James Van Der Beek ("Dawson's Creek") star in this ultimate tale of man against nature.

Billionaire Robert Terrell (Williams) has fulfilled a lifelong obsession and made history with "weather creation" technology though his Atmospheric Research Institute. But during a test run, a blast of energy is sent into the ionosphere with unexpected results. The experiments hurtle the planet towards destruction -- hurricanes change course, winds go instantly from hot to cold, torrential rains bring regions to a standstill, and buildings crumble into ruins under explosive lightening storms. It's only the beginning.

Only one scientist -Kirk Hafner (Van Der Beek) -- steps forward to demand that the system be terminated. Terrell is undeterred and continues to push his team to move forward. In truth, his motives for the initially philanthropic technology are far more opportunistic. With government cohort, Army General Braxton (David James Elliott, "JAG"), Terrell envisions the technology as a key military weapon to ensure superpower status.

Realizing he's powerless to stop the project by himself, Hafner contacts news reporter Danni Nelson (Teri Polo, "Meet the Parents") with plans to expose Terrell and explain the catastrophic weather to a bewildered and frightened world. It's a task that won't come easy, as Hafner quickly discovers the motives and loyalties of authorities are not in his favor. As devastating and extreme weather events hammer down on every corner of the Earth, it will be a race against time to shut down the system before the edge of extinction.

Featuring a cast of television favorites including Emmy Award winner John Larroquette ("Boston Legal"), Luke Perry ("Beverly Hills, 90210") and Marisol Nichols ("24"), "The Storm" poses a tantalizing and terrifying what-if scenario.

"The Storm" is produced by RHI Entertainment in association with Larry Levinson Productions. While directed by Emmy winner Bradford May ("JAG"), the miniseries is executive-produced by Robert Halmi, Jr. and Larry Levinson.

Source

Take it away with the discussion

Last edited by Chase.This.Light; 07-18-2009 at 04:52 PM
Old 07-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The pics. Kill me!! I tell you, they kill me!

I wonder how am I going to watch this.

and TFTNT Karen
Old 07-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

V - I am hopeful we will get it the smae way we got Taken.

I need to remember the you tube code for embedding, I always take ages working it out.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, hopefully some good soul will upload it.

I just hate being the last one to watch it.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know. I feel bad for not getting to watching Medium and Taken. Bu less than a week until this air's.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have them on my laptop, but never got to watch them.

This one I will. James as a scientist. *drools copiously*
Old 07-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh this one is being watched asap.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the thread!!!! i can't wait for it!!! James is gonna be awesome as always

7 days 22 hours and 53 minutes

You guys realize that we're getting two episodes that are two hours each....that's four hours of James within 8 days
Old 07-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

4 hours of James. Thank you NBC!!!!

I can't wait for this.

avi: Beatriz
Old 07-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Made some icons

Old 07-19-2009, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Kimberly, thanks for those. I thought it was just one 2 hour episode/movie and it was being repeated.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Nope....that's why it's called a "mini-series"
Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Thank yoy for the thread!

Nice icons, Kimberly
Old 07-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Kimberly.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm gonna have to snag that last one, Kimberly! Maybe the first one too. Hmmm.

avi: Beatriz