Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Dawson's Creek Season 3 episode survivor/discussion

Since we were abandoned

Episode #301 "Like A Virgin"
Autumn is the time for changes at the beginning of a new school year at Capeside High. Dawson meets a sexy and mysterious girl who wants to change his life - but with typical poor timing, Joey regrets her breakup with Dawson now that he's ready to move on.
AKA the one before everyone went crazy.

Episode #302 "Homecoming"
Dawson launches into a relationship with mysterious Eve while Pacey and Andie face the greatest challenge to their love. And Jack and Jen defy the odds when they join the football team and cheerleading squad, respectively while Joey realizes that life goes on.
AKA the one where everyone’s personalities got rewritten.

Episode #303 "None of the Above"
Dawson and his friends find that the hardest test of all is not the much-feared PSAT but the choice of whether or not to use what temptress Eve has offered them to cheat their way to a perfect score.
AKA the one where Dawson and Pacey almost stopped being friends.

Episode #304 "Home Movies"
Dawson gets an amazing break in his filmmaking career, but it comes at a high price for his father, Jack and the school. Joey and Pacey slowly grow closer while Andie deals with the threat of getting caught for cheating on the PSATs. And, Jen is crowned as Capeside's homecoming queen.
AKA the one with the football team in make-up.

Episode #305 "Indian Summer"
Dawson finally learns if not all, a lot more about Eve while Joey is fired from her job after interfering with Rob and Andie's date, and Jack tries to set Henry up with Jen.
AKA the one where Jack plays matchmaker.

Episode #306 "Secrets and Lies"
Jen hosts the annual Homecoming Queen Gala in her own outrageous way, which Dawson's mom comes home to attend, carrying some personal baggage with her. Joey and Pacey rescue Andie from Rob, but it's Pacey that may need to be saved from Andie.
AKA the one where Andie cries wolf

Episode #307 "Escape from Witch Island"
With "Blair Witch" overtones, Dawson, Joey, Jen and Pacey spend a bone-chilling night on a haunted island for a school project. Meanwhile Andie becomes judge and jury, holding court for student conduct violations at Capeside High.
AKA the one on the island.

Episode #308 "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner"
Everyone gathers at Grams' annual Potluck Thanksgiving Feast, which has surprises and secrets for all. An unannounced visit from Jen's estranged mother stirs up strong emotional issues for Jen. Meanwhile, Dawson confronts Jen's mother about Eve while his own family life changes.
AKA the one with Jen’s Mom and Gail & Mitch’s divorce.

Episode #309 - "Four To Tango"
Pacey and Jen unsuccessfuly pursue passion, while Jack finds a potential love interest online.
AKA the one with the coat room shenanigans.

Episode #310 "First Encounters of the Close Kind"
Dawson, Joey, Andie and Jack head to Boston to check out Ivy League college life for a weekend, and each gets a different taste of life outside Capeside.
AKA the one with the weekend away.

Episode #311 "Barefoot at Capefest"
Is Capeside big enough for two aspiring filmmakers, Dawson and Nikki? Meanwhile Andie must work with Pacey on the school play. Jack meets Ethan again while Jen becomes intrigued with Henry.
AKA the one with the creative outlets.

Episode #312 "A Weekend in the Country"
When Joey faces potential financial disaster, the whole gang pulls together to help her with the family B&B.
AKA the one with Fred the critic.

Episode #313 "Northern Lights"
Much to Nikki's dismay, Dawson gives up on film class while both Andie and Pacey face Pacey's starring acting debut with panic and Joey continues her romance with college-boy A.J.
AKA the one where the posters came down.

Episode #314 "The Valentine's Day Massacre"
Dawson, Pacey, Jack and the rest of the gang get in over their heads at a Bacchanalian anti-Valentine's Day party while Henry's much anticipated date with Jen goes terribly awry.
AKA the one when everyone got jailed.

Episode #315 "Crime and Punishment"
Joey's mural for the school is found to be horribly defaced at the official unveiling, while Andie finally unloads the weight of her cheating and lies.
AKA the one where Pacey plays the hero.

Episode #316 "To Green, With Love"
Joey and her friends rally to help Principal Green when angry parents demand he either resign or rescind his expulsion of the student who defaced Joey's mural.
AKA the one with the protest rally.

Episode #317 "Cinderella Story"
As with all fairy tales, the clock strikes midnight on Joey's "Cinderella" weekend with AJ and, back in Capeside, Pacey meets his match in a hard-boiled ten year old misfit Buzz (played by Jonathan Lipnicki).
AKA the one with the kid from Jerry Maguire.

Episode #318 "Neverland"
Pacey worries that his would-be-romance with Joey might violate an unspoken rule with best friend Dawson, while Mr. McPhee is forced to confront Jack's sexuality.
AKA the one with the rollerskates party.

Episode #319 "Stolen Kisses"
Affairs of the heart plague everyone in Capeside during an unusually turbulent spring break.
AKA the one where Aunt Gwen messes everything up. Also AKA the one that was a promo for Young Americans.

Episode #320 "The Longest Day"
This creative riff on The Usual Suspects-meets-Groundhog Day follows Pacey and Joey through a day of agonizing about the effect their relationship will have on Dawson.
AKA the one where ***** hit the fan.

Episode #321 "Show Me Love"
Dawson turns the annual Capeside Regatta into a grudge match when he joins the race in an attempt to embarrass Pacey.
AKA the one that rewrote Dawson’s character.

Episode #322 "The Anti-Prom"
It's prom time and tension fills the air as Joey attempts to mend fences with Dawson and Pacey, while Jack discovers he's not yet ready to face the uncharted waters that lie ahead.
AKA the one that rewrote history.

Episode #323 "True Love"
In an emotionally charged season finale, Capeside's many star-crossed lovers go to drastic lengths to resolve their romantic dilemmas.
AKA the one that ruins almost everyone’s lives.
___
Note: I'll try and scour out pictures for episodes, just to make it prettier. For now, this will do

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 05-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Cool descriptions! I like the AKA friend's style thing!! Awesome Who came up with those?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Loyal Fan

haha very funny! I thought this entire season sucked but reading the aka's it seemed ok

im gonna vote off to green, with love i thought it was a hour wasted on unimportant stuff. Nikki and her dad were what 3 episodes there and everyone protest he still gets fired (despite knowing its wrong) and that stupid kid matt caufield...
Old 05-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Extreme Fan

That episode description reads a little anti season 3 so Needless to say I love it nice job Jen it's prefect.

"The Anti-Prom"

I don't remember this season the best anymore but I do know Pacey remembers everything in this episode and I hate that line so much. and the way Joey talk to Dawson like he was some jerk bring joey to his own prom he set up just to rub it in Paceys face Dawson wouldn't do some thing like that and season one joey never would have acted like such a bitch to him.

Quote:
Joey: Why'd you bring me here tonight, Dawson?

Dawson: What?

Joey: Was it just so that you could throw jabs at Pacey?

Dawson: What are you talking about? I had no idea Pacey would be here.

Joey: You don't think I get the subtext of every single one of those looks you keep throwing his way? I mean, you might as well go on the PA and scream, 'She's mine, Pacey. Ha!'

Dawson: Actually, that's not what I'm thinking.

Joey: Then what are you thinking?

Dawson: I'm thinking, what right did he have to show up to my mother's restaurant at a prom that I organized? What exactly is he trying to accomplish?

Joey: You know, given the circumstances under which this night originated, what right do you have to exclude anyone?

Dawson: I'm not excluded him. Joey, I haven't said a word to him.

Joey: That hasn't stopped you from parading me around all night like I'm some sort of a prize.

Dawson: Parading you? Joey, I'm not parading you around. Joey, you're my date and I'm dancing with you. It's not my fault if he keeps staring at us.

Joey: You're right. None of it's your fault. None of it's anybody's fault, it's just happening. But who cares what it's doing to me.

Dawson: Okay. You know, let's just start over, okay? It's just Dawson and Joey at the prom, having a good time. Okay? (Joey shakes her head as if that idea would never work. She takes one look at Pacey and then slaps Dawson on the chest.)
It's just pure garbage Joey talking to Dawson like that it sure dose not sound like the Joey that shared a bed with him for years and said "your the most extraordinary, talented person that I've ever met. I'm your biggest fan" just a year ago. Here she sounds more like some one he just met a week ago and hates him now and why is Pacey always made out to be the victim all the time poor Pacey.

All right I'm done I don't think a season 3 survivor is good for me I get mad to easy with these episodes,
Old 05-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

I'm SO going with Luke on this one: The Anti-Prom

Call it Anti-Dawson's Creek. Totally out of character for everyone. Dawson isn't like that. Pacey....they turn Dawson around in effort to make Pacey look like a good guy aka Dawson II? NOT BUYING IT!

Season 1 Joey would have rolled her eyes, made a smart comment, and changed the channel on this episode.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluv (View Post)
Cool descriptions! I like the AKA friend's style thing!! Awesome Who came up with those?
I did.. I may have been a little bored

Quote:
Joey: You're right. None of it's your fault. None of it's anybody's fault, it's just happening. But who cares what it's doing to me.
This right there infuriates me to no end. I've just spent a night revisiting Twilight and Bella in Eclipse, where she's a selfish little ... brat who wants her cake and eat it and whines about not being able to have it all and THIS.IS.THE.SAME!

Joey from S2 on was becoming more and more a selfish little child, who wanted everyone (especially Dawson) to cater to her every whim and if she decided something, she wasn't going to listen to reason from anyone at all. I think at this point in the show, I was getting more and more convinced that Pacey was welcome to her because Dawson deserved miles better.

/endrant

On that note: The Anti-Prom. The episode really doesn't have anything to do with the characters I grew to love before this.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

You made them Jen!! Just recently for this?? I thought you prolly found it on an old thread. That's AWESOME!!!

All of the sudden Joey went from being just the girl across the creek who didn't think she was worthy of any guy, to being the girl that all the guys want and all of the sudden having this "power"
Old 05-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

I have a funny feeling we'll need something to calm us down while doing this survivor

The "AKA"s are mine, the actual epi descriptions are from the official site. It was either that or Wikipedia

Old 05-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

After each round we should have a mandatory happy d/j clip to watch
Old 05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Or we can make this a rant thread Point out everything that was wrong with the show

Old 05-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMixelle (View Post)
Or we can make this a rant thread Point out everything that was wrong with the show
^^ Then we would have post overload and would crash

I thought we should show the one and only high light in this episode.

Quote:
Joey: You said tonight was about you, me and our friendship. If that was really the case, it wouldn't matter who I danced with.

Dawson: I said tonight was about moving forward. What did you think that meant? You can't have thought that's all I wanted. The whole reason I suggested this whole stupid alternative prom, wasn't about Jack. It was about you. And maybe I tried too hard, but I didn't want to miss my chance to dance with you, to hold you, to make you remember what it was like. I thought maybe I could make it perfect…

Joey: And that I would pick you? Say it Dawson. You thought if you orchestrated this whole evening that I would be convinced in to picking you over Pacey, right?

Dawson: You have to pick somebody, Joey. I just wanted to remind you what you would be missing if you didn't pick me. You'd be missing a lot. So would I. I'd be missing everything. (he kisses Joey softly) That's how the evening was supposed to end. (He walks off leaving Joey on the street.)
Even though I don't like Joey making it all sound like a game Dawson vs Pacey the kiss sure shut her up she was speechless Dawson always had that kind of overwhelming affect on her I think a few more seconds of kissing Joey would have fainted and this is right after Pacey's cheesy "I remember everything speech and his making love to Joey's arm or whatever the heck that crap was he was doing.

This moment proves D/Jo are never over no mater who or what stands in their way.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

eh....i don't even consider that a highlight. Joey's being too weird...since when has Dawson had to try to get Joey to like him? This is the girl that would "probably wait forever" for him. And now Dawson has to convince her with a kiss? Writers.

But props for Dawson for trying to get Joey to wake up. The problem that I have with it is that Dawson shouldn't have needed to try in the first place. Pacey's the sea creature from the deep. So un-kiss worthy.

Quote:
his making love to Joey's arm or whatever the heck that crap was he was doing
^^
Old 05-31-2010, 12:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
eh....i don't even consider that a highlight.
^^ That's because in all honesty for us there was no high light's in all of season 3 we got nothing to hold on to from that season that's why I don't even remember a lot of it it's not even worth watching if your a Dawson and Joey fan.

Quote:
Joey's being too weird...since when has Dawson had to try to get Joey to like him? This is the girl that would "probably wait forever" for him. And now Dawson has to convince her with a kiss? Writers.
^^ That's why PJ to me seemed really forced on us I mean Joey said she would "probably wait forever" just a year earlier and she wanted Dawson back so bad she offered him sex and this is Joey she didn't even want to have sex a year later with Pacey but for Dawson she would do anything but then we are to believe some months later all of a sudden all she wants is Pacey when like you said he was said to be by Joey un-kiss worthy. It doesn't add up at all and PJ Just happened way to fast.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

forced & just doesn't make sense.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Loyal Fan

wow

i thought i would start of easy by voting off from green with love but you are all ready to bring this season down! haha

i agree, ofcourse, but this is intense!