Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, so I felt the need to come visit here because of Veronica's sig/avi.

I love the song she's used...actually I made a D/Jen video to it.

I think after Jack, Dawson was probably the most saddened by her dying (I mean out of the core characters). They meant so much to each other.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I made this avie since i'd been making some DJen art for the thread on DC board, and i just got reminded me of how great they both were. After seeing how the finale turned out to be, It wouldve given me some happiness if Jen had ended up with Dawson.

He was really upset about it. I love the scene where he's sitting in front of the creek and thinking of the first time he saw Jen getting out of the cab. Its such a beautiful scene. And then he wipes away a tear or two. They meant a lot to one another.

This is the art i made, maybe we could put it up here too. can we, Karen?

Old 12-18-2008, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Veronica, i would love if you kept the art coming and avi's too!!!!!! There aren't enough people who post on this thread regularly, whcih is a shame. Granted i wasn't thrilled with them being together in season but I think after the finale you gain new perspective.

Sometimes i think, if DJ weren't to end together then I'd have been alright with Dawson/Jen had she not died. but I don't think I truly would have been. I think D/Jen ran their course in S5 but i still wasn't fond of how they came to an end. it was very sudden. But i love they were there for one another.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Its not the ending i wanted either, but i definately wouldve loved to see Dawson not end up alone, and married to his work. And I adore Jen, and what these two had. I despised how senseless their breakup was in S5, not that i regret it, cuz DJo got a superb season finale.

I made these two last night.

We really should have more people posting here.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Veronica, I've added those to the OP
Old 12-18-2008, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Karen. We could do a survivor thing here, if there were enough people to come and vote.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See, this thread isn't just about Dawson and jen romantically. They were great friends too. In the later seasons I think Jen was a bigger part of Dawson's life and more of a friend than Pacey.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, they were together as a couple briefly. they were great friends for major part of DC. And yeah, Pacey faded out of his life after S3, Jen and Jack were closer to him. Jen especially was a very good friend to him after Mitch died.

Do we have a Dawson and Jack thread here? I thought they were great friends, in S4 and S5 especially. We could ask everyone if they think its a good idea? What do you say?
Old 12-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

we have a general Dawson friendshp thread for that.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh ok. We should revive that too. We have so many threads but no one posts on them.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think for the new year we should maybe try and do like a thread of the fortnight or something to improve the count on certain threads.

Does anyone have a fave D/Jen non-romantic scene?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, but does that work?

Ok favorite DJen scene, i posted this one on the other DJen thread too and even though Jen isnt really there, to me this scene was one of the most touching scenes in the finale.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, even though Jen wasn't really there. James did an amazing job making us thinkhe was seeing jen. It was a very touching moment.

Having a thread of the fortnight may not improve posting much, but it let's people see what else is there and maybe get them to take part.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh gosh, I was sobbing during that scene. I swear, that finale just wrecked me in every way possible.

Anyhow...lovely art and avis Veronica!!

I'm with you guys...I wouldn't have been completely satisfied with the ending if D/Jen had ended up together, but it sure would've been a LOT better than her dying and him being all-consumed by his work. They meant a great deal to each other and deserved a better ending than what they got. The DC writers seemed to really have a problem with endings all-around, didn't they?

As for my favorite D/Jen scene? That's a really really tough one. One that I seem to recall off the top of my head is one from S5 pre-Hotel New Hampshire when Jen was all upset over Charlie and she's crying and talking to Dawson and calling herself a "floozy" and he's like, "Jen, you're not a...floozy". It was a cute scene. They had a lot of good ones. James and Michelle really did have an awesome, effortless chemistry. It was a lot different than the chemistry shared by James and Katie IMO, but amazing none-the-less.

avi: Beatriz

Last edited by Madison; 12-19-2008 at 07:28 PM
Old 12-20-2008, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved how he was almost smiling to himself when he was imagiging Jen getting out of that cab. You could see how much Jen mattered to him. James was exceptional in the finale.

Maddie i love that scene too. When Jen cries...I want corny love letters!!! and the whole Floozy bit. Adorable!