Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Scene of the thread

[Pier - Gretchen leans against it and looks out over the water. Dawson approaches.]

Dawson: You know, this probably isn't the best place for you to hang out if you're trying to avoid me. Of course if you're trying to break up with me…
Gretchen: That's not what I'm planning…
Dawson: But you have been avoiding me?
Gretchen: Yeah.
Dawson: If I, in any way, gave you the impression that I'm not over Joey or that you feel like you're unimportant to me or that I don't want this to work…
Gretchen: That's not what I think. You didn't do anything wrong last night, Dawson. I mean, all you were was honest with me.
Dawson: So what's the problem? Is this about sex?
Gretchen: No, it's not. Look, just promise me something.
Dawson: Anything.
Gretchen: That you'll always be as honest with me as you were last night. Cause that's the hardest part about having a relationship. It's so much harder than sex. And trusting someone is like this gigantic act of faith. You put it out there and you can never really be sure if you'll get it. Sex… sex is just mechanical. Like brushing your teeth.
Dawson: Funny you should mention that actually.
Gretchen: Why?
Dawson: Cause I got you something. In case you were dumping me… (missed words?)
Gretchen: Wait, in case I was dumping you you got me a present?
Dawson: Yes. You've changed my life. I didn't want you to leave without some sort of token of my affection.
Gretchen: Sort of like a parting gift?
Dawson: Yeah, exactly. (he pulls a brand new toothbrush out of his pocket) You left your old one at my house last night. Yours is disgusting. You know you're supposed to get a new one like every millennium.
Gretchen: I know.
Dawson: That's why they have the color on the bristles.
Gretchen: (she laughs) Okay, I get it! Shut up. Thank you.
Dawson: You're welcome.

Icons of the thread

Icon thanks to rossfangirl86

Last edited by Beatriz; 08-13-2006 at 03:42 PM
Old 08-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actally remember that scene, was so sweet of Dawson. What girl in her right mind would NOT replace a toothbrush for so long.

I've said it many times, I never really appreciated D/G at the time. I know they had some cute scenes together and she was good for him. But that DJ part of me was just clouding my judgement and not allowing me to like Gretchen.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Aw, yes! Thank you for the thread sassy

I loved D/G since the beginning. I was so mad at Joey that when I saw this grown up, smart, prety, young woman entering the picture and the calm, sweet way that Dawson had to conquer her... yeah, I really enjoied them together. They were one of the reasons I watched S4
Old 08-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

A banner for the opening thread. Do you want to add it sassy or do you want me to do it for you?

Let me tell you that I had a hard time chosing the pics, because they all were so great!
Old 08-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bea, no one had posted on this thread since January. I think maybe you should add the banner. I wanna re-watch s4. what the hell is wrong with me!! I guess the Dawson all growed up far outweighs the P&J suckfest.

I dont even know what s4 I have.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

I own the S4 DVDs

Yep, I might add the banner then.

Some icons as well:

Old 08-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

snagged one. hehe.

you need to make one of the mistltoe kiss

I dont own any dvd's.

will I get any D/G goodies in the movie thing?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen H.
will I get any D/G goodies in the movie thing?
Mmmm... I can't really remember The 'transcript' for the movie is in the site I guess that if there is any D/G on it it will be just to reinforce the idea of D/J together, so I don't think it will be too nice
Old 08-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL. I'll need to see if I have any..
Old 08-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Total Fan

It's nice to see this thread is back.I was never actually a D/G fan beacause of the obvious reason but.I guess i always knew they couldn't be last forever sooner or later it was going to be over so they didn't bother me.Plus their relationship made Joey likable
Old 08-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't have mind if they had lasted longer. And I will always think that they should have had sex (in the rigt circunstances, not as a rebound/revenge for Dawson).

But well, we know how the writers thought
Old 08-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If they were gonna go down the road the ended with then I could have quite happily accepted Dawson with Gretchen from s4 onwards, as opposed to D ending alone (altho they would have had to split so we could get 602 goodness and so Joey would know what she would be missing )
Old 08-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

^ My thoughts exactly Karen I think D/G could have been happy together.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

altho on the downside, if we are to believe the PJ ending would have lasted (let's stop taking our sanity pills for a second) and they got *whispers married, then P would be D's brother-in-law and I think Joey would have been D's sister-in-law

Dbut D/G would have had purdy babies.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Well, that's what TIIC wanted to make us believe anyway, right? That they were like one big happy (trio) family or sth *shrugs*

Anyway, let's leave D/J and P/J out of this so ppl that don't care about them can enjoy the D/G love (in case anyone decides to come and post, you know, it could happen )