Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, Nag!

Thanks for those other quotes. When I read those, it just makes me so mad at the fact that they just threw that all away at the end. I mean, how could they do that? How could they show us over and over again that D/J belonged together, strung us along season after season with the signs that they would find thier way back to each other when it was all said and done, then at the end of it all, they say "Oops, sorry. They are nothing more than pure and innocent best friends form childhood." Give me a break! I really want to know what drugs they were on when they decided to totally rewrite the one love story that was there from the very beginning. That's like Kelly ending up with Slater at the end of "Saved By The Bell", or Topanga ending up with Shawn at the end of "Boy Meets World", or Rachel ending up with Joey at the end of "Friends". It's Logical Writing 101: You follow through with the central story that you set up. Period. God, even third-graders know that!! DC wasn't one of Kevin's slasher flicks, where you find out that the love interest is the killer at the end of the two hours. DC was a show where we followed the characters for six seasons and analyzed all of the motivations for the things they did. There was history there, and it's downright insulting to rewrite that history at the end. There are basic rules to story telling that have to be followed. You don't show an audience a pair of soulmates and say that these soulmates are destined for each other(AND TELL US THAT THEY ARE SOULMATES IN THE ROMANTIC SENSE!) season after season, and then change the meaning of "soulmates" and make up your own twisted definiton in the last episode to fit whatever convulted ending you decide to do at the time. That is insane and the hacks should be ashamed of themselves for being that heartless!

D&J2gether4ever

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited D&J2gether4ever ]
Old 03-31-2004, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

Thanx for the quote Nag! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

They make me wanna laugh even harder at the crappy ending [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

It was SO clear: what D/J needed was to grow apart to find each other as individuals, since they had such a strong bond and were so close to each other. The show was about their journey, and all the Paceys/Eddies and Gretchens/Jens in their ways were just a way to grow up and as one of them said, experiment things that ultimately would lead them back to each other. That was the tone of the whole show and that was the idea that the writers wrote it with, hence all the little hints here and there and comments the rest of the characters would always make. So excuse me while I laugh at the lame and pathetic way they tried to rewrite everything in the last ten minutes. So sad.

But is even sadder than there is actually ppl out there stupid enough to buy it and twist each and every piece of dialogue/scene in the show so they *can* believe it, even though they know it´s not true. They amaze me *shakes head*
Old 03-31-2004, 06:04 PM
Total Fan

You know what is the funniest thing.Kevin was the first person who used "soulmate" word on the show.He used it as a romantic thing on s2.However when he decided to come back to show somehow he asked people what soulmate is.Why did he do that?I mean if you don't know the meaning why did you use in the first place.Besides it's the first time in my life "soulmate" was used like a friendship thing.What the hell was that?What a coincidence we learnt it in the end when Pacey Joey got back together.

the day i understand the whole crap i'll be Pacey Joey fan.I guess it's never gonna happen.

Quote:
But is even sadder than there is actually ppl out there stupid enough to buy it and twist each and every piece of dialogue/scene in the show so they *can* believe it, even though they know it´s not true. They amaze me *shakes head*
Sometimes i think which is worse? to belive these whole crap or to be sad for DJ.I mean at least i don't live with a huge lie.

Nagihan

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited nghn ]
Old 03-31-2004, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's so much worse to believe all the lies that people say about Pacey and Joey being soulmates. It's better to mourn for the loss of Dawson and Joey and know that they are meant to be together even though some of the writers can't understand that. I'd rather have Dawson and Joey not be together than to EVER believe that Pacey and Joey are right for each other. That's a bunch of crap and I hate that so many people can believe that they were perfect together right from the beginning. Even though Joey hated him in the first two seasons and never even gave him a second thought. All she thought about was being with Dawson and that's the way it should be.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

yeah its very fustrating... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

i agree nag and bea

the journey was great and if they just re-wrote the last 10 minutes to a dawson and joey romantic soulmates ending i would be satisfied. very annoyed cause of course kevin originally wrote a djer ending. but damm paul made him change his mind.

oh well we all know how it ends and will always end, dawson and joey will always find their way back, pacey is just another bump in the road, eventually it will just be our couple forever dawson and joey.

i bet you ask the other cast members like michelle and kerr they would admit it should of been a djer ending...

james wanted it to but he was not thrilled of the writing of dc after season 4 so he didn't care as much and hense the less time he wanted in season 6.

but anyways james was still true to his character on dc and we will always know it was a show about dawson and joey and the journey and soulmates in a romantic and friend way. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

keep the faith always [img]smilies/daisy.gif[/img]

regards
taubmas80 - djalways - Aussie DJer
Old 04-01-2004, 08:44 AM
New Fan

This is more of a question. Why isn't there an appreciation thread just for the character of Dawson Leery on this board? I mean the character was so much more than just his relationship with the character of Joey Potter.

Actually, I think that the character of Dawson had to interact with the broadest range of characters during the course of the show. Ranging from his immediate family,his friends?, people in the business world and even a shrink. If I want to know the bad things that
the character has done,real or imagined, I know where to find it.

If there is such a thread on this board, I'll just delete this post.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Well. I cheked and seems like you´re right and there is no Dawson´s apreciation thread, so go ahead and start one if you want to [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 07:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

great idea [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

can't wait to post and give credit to such an awesome character and guy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

keep the faith always [img]smilies/daisy.gif[/img]

regards
taubmas80 - djalways - Aussie DJer
Old 04-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really agree with all you guys hav said. I mean, it's so hard to believe that Joey/Pacey are true love when D/J alwasy seem to come back together... Oh well, at least we know the real ending. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The First

Luv, Cathy

Vincent Augusto Spiederman Jennifer Margaret Williamson
Old 04-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

I love the fanart, i'v always loved that scene, and James and Katie put a lot of ummm... things in it. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I just watched it last night, let me tell you that the slow motion and zoom botton are wonderful devices. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love your fanart kyleschic. It's so beatiful. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited Britney Van Der Beek ]
Old 04-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-06-2004, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Ok, I'm closing this, so someone go ahead and open a new one [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]