Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-14-2019, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

He's not very consistent though. He went from "You're my person" to "Peace out, playah" pretty dang fast, lol.

I actually think this was one of my favorite episodes so far. A lot of progress in this one, despite what I feel is a major misdirect. And Kyle and Alex were an unexpected joy. Still, how bad WAS Kyle in high school? LOL. This is the second time we've heard he was a major bully.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
He's not very consistent though. He went from "You're my person" to "Peace out, playah" pretty dang fast, lol.

I actually think this was one of my favorite episodes so far. A lot of progress in this one, despite what I feel is a major misdirect. And Kyle and Alex were an unexpected joy. Still, how bad WAS Kyle in high school? LOL. This is the second time we've heard he was a major bully.
Well, he's an in the books, especially to Liz after she dumps him. He trashes Rosa so bad in the first book, it's not even funny. He was kind of an ass in the beginning of Roswell, too. I feel it was justified since Max was stealing his girl, but he's always been a macho, popular jock.

It made me sad to hear that he was mean to Alex. He was never mean to him in Roswell and they became best friends. I don't recall him being mean to Alex in the books, either.

I don't give a crap about Noah, though. I can't stand Isabel and prefer KH's version a lot better. Maybe they'll improve her with time, but the Regina George thing is accurate,imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original-E (View Post)
Yeah, She was kind of a you-know-what in the original series, too
Not until S3. She was fine in season 1 and she was supportive of M&M in S2 and some of her best stuff was there. If you're talking about her not liking Liz, that's not new. She didn't like her in the books, so she's not going to like her on the show. She and Tess were my favorite characters and Kyle and Michael were my favorite guys. I only watched one episode of S2,but my mom watched S3. Everyone I know said Isabel became god-awful in S3.

I don't know why they made Isabel so god-awful here. To me, she has every single one of Max's negative traits, plus things people complained about Tess. She even has Tess's powers. I have to keep resisting the urge to slap her.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

So anyone wonders how Liz is going to react that they think Isabel killed Rosa ( even though I am not entirely sure it was her )
Old 02-15-2019, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

I am pretty sure she wont react will and it will put an even wider divide between her and Max, even though I think eventually someone will actually have killed Rosa
Old 02-15-2019, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, they will be divided until the real killer of Rosa and the other girls is revealed.

Who's afraid of little old me?
--------------You should be.
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 02-15-2019, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alex opening about his father and time in high school really got to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
So, I've been watching via the CW app on my iphone. I never saw the original, despite growing up in the 90's. Can't say I'm surprised that Isobel killed those girls. I don't even feel sorry for that her marriage is failing. I really dislike her character.
I honestly don't think she did it, it's way too early to reveal the Rosa killer. I'll be surprised if she really did it.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

^I agree. I don't think so either. I believe there is another female alien out there.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
So anyone wonders how Liz is going to react that they think Isabel killed Rosa ( even though I am not entirely sure it was her )
The synopsis for 1x07 sounds like it answers this exact question (and possibly addresses the bit in parenthesis too.)
Old 02-15-2019, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I'm pretty sure she didn't kill Rosa. I think Isobel's blackouts are the result of being manipulated by another alien (hence the three-pronged sign being there when she woke up in this episode).

Kyle was awful in the books - it was Nick Weschler in the OG show who made him something more. Then again, IIRC, Liz and Kyle went on about one date in the books that went really badly, and he was angry when she was overtly drawn to Max in the first book.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I'm pretty sure she didn't kill Rosa. I think Isobel's blackouts are the result of being manipulated by another alien (hence the three-pronged sign being there when she woke up in this episode).

Kyle was awful in the books - it was Nick Weschler in the OG show who made him something more. Then again, IIRC, Liz and Kyle went on about one date in the books that went really badly, and he was angry when she was overtly drawn to Max in the first book.
Was it one date? It seemed like they had dated. What he said to her about Rosa made me so angry. Nick is the best and Kyle didn't get enough love.

I assumed that Tess wouldn't be in this version and neither would Nasedo. I mean,there's no need for it. I loved both characters,but this show is completely different and closer to the books. The tone isn't the same and Max and Liz aren't automatically in love like on Roswell. I don't see a need for a 4th alien.

Isobel probably is being manipulated,but I still hate her. No one's making her be so god-awful and that's not how you treat your loved ones. I miss how close Max and Isabel were in Roswell. He could be jealous and threatened too,but she was still his best friend and the one person in the world who truly understood him. Liz might have been his soulmate,but Isabel was his sister.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

I think by the finale they will let us know who really killed Rosa as I don't think it is Isobel
Old 02-16-2019, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, the finale is my best bet too.

I agree about another alien making Isobel having thse blackouts.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

I think that will be the "BIG" reveal during the finale
Old 02-16-2019, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

I still wonder who. Are they going to make it up for the show or take someone from the books?