Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2020, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just want the one gay character in this show to be allowed some happiness!
Old 08-23-2020, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

And facing problems because he is gay. Like no more hurdles that Alex has to go through because he's gay. I want it to be like Schitt's Creek where Dan was like I'm just not gonna put homophobia or harmfulness towards LGBT+ in my shows. And I'm like yes.

Before they really loved to put in every cliche in the book for Alex when it comes to his sexuality and I'm just beyond over all that bull.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, exactly!! The LGBTQIA+ community deals with harmful sht in real life, EVERYDAY! I just want to watch some damn happiness for my community! Alex deserves some happiness!
Old 08-24-2020, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

And yes being part of the LGBT+ community is a big part of who we are as people. But it's not the only thing about us. Just like Alex doesn't have issues, jobs, joys, problems, experiences, dreams, hobbies, experiences, etc. Just because he's part of the community. Just like his disability doesn't define him.

I want to see more about his music, about his life in the military, about his family life, about his relationships, etc.

I mainly want him to be happy and have good things happen to him because lord knows he deserves it and it's beyond time.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Exactly. Carina really did make Alex all about his sexuality
Old 08-24-2020, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tyler really likes killing us on his IG, doesn't he?!! He is so freaking stunning!!
Old 08-25-2020, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Really hope that Alex gets treated better next season
Old 08-25-2020, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted Goddess (View Post)
Exactly. Carina really did make Alex all about his sexuality
And the negative side of his sexuality at that.

So glad to see the back of her and her cliche/poor stereotypes behind.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Same here
Old 08-25-2020, 03:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
And the negative side of his sexuality at that.

So glad to see the back of her and her cliche/poor stereotypes behind.
It bothered me so much! And the fact that just because Alex is physically strong, she always made it seemed like he wasn’t worthy of being looked after. Like get the frack out of here with those gross interpretations!
Old 08-25-2020, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am just hoping that Alex gets treated a little less 'tropey gay torture' wise and is far more normarlised. Being gay is not all Alex is!
Old 08-26-2020, 02:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Let’s hope so
Old 08-26-2020, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

I really hope that Alex's relationship with Forrest isn't filled with horrible cliches as well. That Forrest isn't made into some horrible cliche villain as Alex 's new fella. Or that they make Forrest some horrible human to justify breaking them up for Michael and Alex reunion. I always hated that horrible cliche trope, where when they have a triangle like that, they throw one of the sides on to a sword to justify why the other two should be together. Especially when they have killed the side off and they harm them in death, so that they can't defend themselves. It's lazy horrible writing and it needs to come to an end.

I mean we all know Malex is gonna happpen next season, but lets not take the cliche route to get there. I want to see an adult moment happen here, since so many of the other relationships on the show have been very teenage behavior.

Like have Malex get closer and they realize they can't deny what's between them anymore. But Alex stops himself and ends things with Forrest first and is upfront, honest, and mature with Forrest. Or have Forrest himself, break up with Alex because Forrest picks up on the closeness with Alex and Michael. That Michael is the guy that passionate love song was about that didn't happen so long ago.

I do NOT want anymore horrible vile cliches aimed at LGBT+ characters and relationships from this show.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just want some happiness for my bae I am tired of Alex having to earn his stripes
Old 08-28-2020, 06:20 AM
Passionate Fan

I am looking to binge on some Tyler movies. Any recs?