Old 05-28-2019, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He's definitely unbeatable.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Unbelievably bad.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess that's an accomplishment in itself. Being the best at being bad.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

If you say so.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Trying to look at the bright side of this
Old 05-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why?
Old 05-30-2019, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

To balance out your negative views Like the force. Balance and all.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I think that George Lucas was going through a midlife crisis when he did the prequel trilogy. I honestly think that Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi should've been Episodes I, II, and III, because Darth Vader's backstory can be told in a single film. Most of The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones was unnecessary filler. The events of Revenge of the Sith was really all you needed to know.

Remember this? This was the original opening crawl from the 1977 release of Star Wars. There was no damn Episode IV: A New Hope. That was added on in the 1979 re-release to promote The Empire Strikes Back, which was coming out the following year in 1980.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that Alex. Yes, it's Star Wars, not A New Hope. A New Hope is my co-mod, because she was born yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
To balance out your negative views Like the force. Balance and all.
Remember, George's interpretation of "balance" means wiping out the Dark Side, not very balanced at all. Totally doesn't get the meaning of the word.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I have a feeling the sequels are going for actual balance.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
I have a feeling the sequels are going for actual balance.
The sequels are going for political correctness, not balance. And they suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Thanks for that Alex. Yes, it's Star Wars, not A New Hope. A New Hope is my co-mod, because she was born yesterday. Remember, George's interpretation of "balance" means wiping out the Dark Side, not very balanced at all. Totally doesn't get the meaning of the word.
You're welcome, sum1. Yeah, I noticed.

Well, the Dark Side being wiped out by the Light Side and the Sith being smaller in number than the Jedi is actually quite consistent with the basic nature of the universe itself, which is asymmetry. Or, more specifically, baryonic asymmetry. It's the reason why the universe even exists in the first place. When the universe began after the Big Bang, nothing existed but pure matter and energy, but matter was divided into two types - baryonic material(matter) and anti-baryonic material, or "antimatter."

Matter and antimatter annihilate each other when they come into contact, creating explosive energy far greater than nuclear weapons, and the resulting annihilation created the most cataclysmic conflict in the history of the universe. But after it was over, matter became the dominant material in the universe and antimatter was scattered to the far reaches of the cosmos. Approximately 16% of the universe is matter, roughly a quarter of the universe is the mysterious substance known as "dark matter," and the majority of the rest of the universe is energy and empty space. Antimatter barely exists at all, very difficult to find or reproduce in a laboratory. Scientists to this day don't understand why the universe even exists or has mass, because according to all their math, data, physics, and science, it shouldn't exist at all. Matter and antimatter should've theoretically annihilated each other out of existence, leaving nothing but energy. But we know that matter still exists and the universe exists. What scientists can't understand is why, and if matter does exist, why is there not equal amounts of antimatter? Why are there no antimatter planets, stars, and galaxies to go along with the ones made of matter? Of course, if there were, they would start annihilating anything they came into contact with that was made of matter and... well, the whole thing would just start all over again.

So the point is that while baryonic asymmetry is the greatest mystery in the universe, it is also a fundamental element of the universe itself, and everything that exists in the universe. Everything is asymmetrical. Your right lung has three chambers while your left lung only has two. The majority of people are right handed while only a small minority are left handed, and an even smaller minority are ambidextrous. Asymmetry is the actual balance in the universe.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you're not implying George Lucas thought of all of that, cause I think that's giving him too much credit
Old 06-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, the Dark Side being wiped out by the Light Side and the Sith being smaller in number than the Jedi is actually quite consistent with the basic nature of the universe itself, which is asymmetry.
Lucas wasn't looking to represent the basic nature of the universe, he was looking for a situation in which there were zero sith. Total destruction of the Dark Side. Which he considered "balance."
Quote:
Asymmetry is the actual balance in the universe.
No, asymmetry is not "balance", that's a contradiction in terms. Balance doesn't mean the natural order of things, it means balance, symmetry, equal weight on both sides. Which doesn't equate with Lucas's aim of Jedi and no Sith.

Last edited by sum1; 06-01-2019 at 10:12 AM