Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-30-2020, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I didn't notice a leftward drift. But then again, they'll never be left enough for me
Old 06-30-2020, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

The leftwing branch of the party is too far left. Their politics are imbalanced. All extremes in politics are bad. To hell with the right and to hell with the left.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

You should like Labour then
Old 06-30-2020, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I didn't notice a leftward drift. But then again, they'll never be left enough for me
The left is lunacy, Rita. They've turned colleges and universities into insane asylums, they've poisoned free speech with their insane, ridiculous political correctness and identity politics, and they've become more of a cult than a political movement. They only adhere to science when it comes to climate change, but on everything else they toss science out of the window in favor of "personal lived experience and validation of ideology." They haven't changed since the Bolsheviks and they more closely resemble the Jonestown colony today.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Let's not beat up Rita, Alex.
Quote:
You should like Labour then
I like Starmer.

Last edited by sum1; 06-30-2020 at 11:01 PM
Old 07-01-2020, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

again, Starmer is not left enough for me
Old 07-01-2020, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank god!
Old 07-01-2020, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry, sum1. I wasn't beating up on Rita, just leftism.

I think there are a lot of people who consider themselves "liberal" and who align themselves with the Left before they realize what they've signed on for, and by then it's too late. I agree with many of the tenants of Liberalism, including freedom of speech, due process, autonomy, meritocracy, and the quest for knowledge. Unfortunately, the Left doesn't believe in any of that
Old 07-01-2020, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Trump actually tweeted a video in which a guy shouted "White power!" He's the white power president. Add this to his speech about "very fine people" and what do you get? Well, a guy whose father was arrested in a KKK meeting in Queens.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Sorry, sum1. I wasn't beating up on Rita, just leftism.
same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Liberalism, including freedom of speech, due process, autonomy, meritocracy, and the quest for knowledge. Unfortunately, the Left doesn't believe in any of that
I/we don't? That's news to me.

Wanting equality and rights for everyone doesn't mean exceptional achievements can't be rewarded. It just means being rich for no just reason isn't considered one of those.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
same thing

I/we don't? That's news to me.

Wanting equality and rights for everyone doesn't mean exceptional achievements can't be rewarded. It just means being rich for no just reason isn't considered one of those.

Sorry, I don't mean it to be.

Equality and rights for everyone isn't a bad thing. Expecting equality of outcome, status, and well being in a universe that has been structured on asymmetry for 13 billion years is a bit too much. For every one Mozart or Beethoven, there will be a thousand Antonio Salieris. I'll agree with you that the Kardashians, for example, are rich for no reason. But leftism too often seems to promote the idea that everyone must stay in their lane, and no one can drive any faster than the slowest car on the track.

Also, political correctness is a creation of the left and it is a cancer on freedom of speech and due process. The late comedian George Carlin nailed it when he said, "political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners." Many of the tenants of Liberalism have been viewed as "problematic" and inconvenient by the Left going all the way back to the Bolsheviks. There are areas where they intersect, but they often deviate in the most important areas. Equality and rights and good, but there's one word they keep leaving out... freedom. Leftists are collectivists, and human beings(especially in the west) have an independent, individualist streak that will always be in conflict with that.

Now, this doesn't mean that I believe that you're like that, Rita. But as I said before, many people who would consider themselves Liberals also call themselves "Left" and I think that's a mistake. I think it's wrong to conflate the two because there's so much about the Left, especially the modern Left, that is not liberal. I think many liberals align themselves with the left before they realize what they've allied themselves with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Trump actually tweeted a video in which a guy shouted "White power!" He's the white power president. Add this to his speech about "very fine people" and what do you get? Well, a guy whose father was arrested in a KKK meeting in Queens.
I honestly think this guy doesn't even care anymore. I've said before that his Twitter account is his own worst enemy. He tweets from the hip and doesn't even think about the consequences.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 07-02-2020 at 03:13 PM
Old 07-02-2020, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

There's a clear divide here between the liberals and the left so it's a bit different.

trump didn't always used to be this thick. There has got to be a mental decline there.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
There's a clear divide here between the liberals and the left so it's a bit different.

trump didn't always used to be this thick. There has got to be a mental decline there.
Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. In the UK I know that they're in totally different political parties as well, and if we had a parliamentary system here like you do over there we'd probably have the same thing. But here they're both crammed into the Democratic party, which is why it's often so schizophrenic.

Well, I think both Trump and Biden are in mental decline, which is why I'm so concerned about this election. I'd rather have Romney in there, or perhaps Rubio or Haley. I used to like the Democrats when Bill Clinton was president, but it was a different party then, uncorrupted by political correctness and identity politics, although it was still a bit compromised by elitism and globalism. But I just can't trust today's Democratic party to divorce themselves from the craziness that's infecting their party.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

what happened to your Democrats is what happened to our Labour party. I'm not even sure if I can support them anymore.

I don't have much against Romney, apart from him being a mormon.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Trump has been in mental decline for a long time, but now he's desperate, so he's misfiring in all directions.