Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2019, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Rora a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Rora

i love you. ♡
Old 03-20-2019, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

YASS!!! only thing is Tar is away until the 1st but I know think we tossed gray tones around and I can see about looking up photo's but that might be hard cause the gallery we had for affiliation [SW Harrison Site] is no longer
Old 03-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I forgot to check that & I even saw some of her boards needing MSTs so meant to check who was away. I blame being sick . We can close this one & postpone until she's back as by the time she is back that'll be most of the round over

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Up to ya'll BUT probably easier to wait until she's back cause it'll probably be her doing all this -- she would be more better to explain her idea of colors where think we discussed grey
Old 03-20-2019, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi

We can close this and hold it up for the next round when Tar is back.

i love you. ♡
Old 05-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi,

I've re-opened the thread so we can use the start the same one.

i love you. ♡
Old 05-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Different versions of him and/or his characters.

Han Solo + MF
Indiana Jones + whip
Something current of him

I do like the idea of grays for colors. Silver fox. Let's go!
Old 05-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't like the idea of having characters on the banner just because that's never been done on any other celebrity customization I'd want to see pictures of Harrison as Harrison. Of course that's my personal opinion I think it'd be weird to run from the standard way things have been done so far.

Love the idea of grays and silvers for the colors though! Maybe some blue-ish, too.

We used to have an amazing gallery of his photoshoots but sadly it closed. I hunted down some pics though, hopefully they work:

GQ Photoshoot: 1 | 2 | 3

GQ 2: 1 | 2 | 3

Man's Health: 1 | 2 | 3

Again, I eternally weep for the gallery we used to have as an affiliate here. It had full shoots ever since the 70s. Now it's a googling game. I hope I helped, I tried
Old 05-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's terrible the gallery got closed . I know with googling it is so much harder but are there any other pictures from those shoots? That way if one picture doesn't work the team may be able to pick another. Based on those pictures I'd say your best ones would probably be the first & middle ones though . I'm just concerned about his shoulders being cut off on the second pic in the first lot. But we may still be able to work with it. Is there another with him facing forward for the middle ones or would you not mind him looking away?

Please take a look at the design seeds website (linked in the OP) for colour scheme suggestions
I did quickly find these using Google: 1 | 2 | 3

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ooh I'm in love with these colors: https://colorpalettes.net/color-palette-1125/

Just so you have an idea, we did a photoshoot survivor with pics from that site, if only I knew it was gonna close I would've added 3 pics of each shoot instead of two Look: http://www.fanforum.com/95921031-post36.html

About your concern about the shoulder being cut off, can't that pic be the center one so with more focus on the face? I don't know if that made sense
Old 05-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I actually think it would need to be the biggest or smallest to work around it. If its the middle then we'll need to use the text to cover up where his shoulder is cut off. That's just based on me looking at the pictures though, no idea what they'd be like to actually work with. Obviously the focus will be on his face regardless of where it is put though but it we don't want it to be too obvious he's missing half his shoulder

Those were the ones which jumped out to me the most too, but not up to me, I was just bored/procrastinating

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea I still eternity that the website|gallery we had affiliated to SW closed found that out when 10K and it was a shame cause it was opened in December when the board opened

Really is a shame related to 2nd picture in regards to the GQ Photoshoot related to the shoulders due to out of the 3 listed -- its the best photoshoot

Oh I also really like that Color Palette I really like the idea of Silver|Gray and light blue -- so like the first 3 of that palette from top to bottom

Not much of a fan of the 3rd but do like the 2nd palette as well

Ultimately I really like the top 3 from 1st palette

Than bottom 2 from 2nd palette along with top 3 where its just the one shade don't like in the 2nd palette

so guess like 2nd most affiliated to not liking just one shade where with the 1st one only like the first 3 and not the other two shades

Last edited by crash landing; 05-01-2019 at 03:40 PM
Old 05-01-2019, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think I found 3 pics that could work, let me know what you guys think:

1 . 2 . 3

Old 05-02-2019, 01:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Those would work well but I like his expressions better in your other ones. Plus he's got different expressions in the earlier ones while two of those look really similar. Sorry, now I'm being picky for your own board, not up to me though just my 2 cents

ETA: I found some higher quality versions of some of the pics you suggested -

GQ 1: 1 / 2 / another pic (there's also some other colour ones here, but he's got glasses on)
GQ 2: 1 (just a slightly closer version of one of the pics)
Men's Journal: 1

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-02-2019, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

When I was part pf the GT those darker backgrounds were my worst nightmare which is why I found the one with the white bg But I love all the ones you suggested. If you guys are willing to work with those different skin tones I'm all in, honestly there's not one pic of Harrison on earth that I dislike I do prefer the ones I posted on post #13 but I'm up for anything because I'm a firm believer he's a flawless human being who always looks good #fangirl