Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2019, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Considering where things were left they can't do too big a time jump straight away. The aftermath of the shooting has to be explored. Most likely that Michaela got shot, of course.

If he doesn't die they lose an intriguing element way too soon, and that's not a good idea. It has to be on the date though, imo, not before. Before still leaves wiggle room on the expiry date. They need to confirm the date is what it seems to be, leaving the only mystery being whether or not they can prevent it.

His dying on that date is the better story option, just as Grace's baby being Ben's is the better story option.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-29-2019, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

That’s why I think the premiere will be the immediate aftermath and then possibly a small time jump for recovery and then they’ll jump ahead to the Fall

Speaking of Graces baby, the actor who plays Danny got a new series regular gig, so not sure he’ll be around much if at all

https://deadline.com/2019/09/the-sta...es-1202731142/
Old 09-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's encouraging news. I need the baby to be Ben's. I want to know if it'll have callings.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-29-2019, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Same. Or give Grace callings while she’s pregnant.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That'd be awesome, and then they'd know without a paternity test!

On a concerning note, would the expiry date apply to the baby?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Josh brought up the baby possibly having an expiration date this Summer to someone at a Con. It could be an added stake to solving the issue.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep. I want them to keep upping the stakes.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

That the only reason I am ok about the potential TJ/Olive romance. It is another person tied to the Stone family who might die.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

As long as it is integrated into the mystery properly it'll work, and as he was on the plane it should be.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Matt Long is included in the NYCC listing for Entertainment guests for Manifest. I wonder if they will be announcing him as a series regular. The rest of the cast going is last season’s regulars.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
One of Manifest‘s Flight 828 passengers almost got to share their reaction to the fact that Donald Trump had been elected president of the United States during Flight 828’s five year-plus disappearance.

On Sunday at New York Comic Con, before I as moderator turned the Manifest Season 2 panel over to audience questions, I conducted a “pop quiz,” asking several cast members if their characters were around for certain real-world events, or if they “missed” them during their “lost” time.

For example, young Jack Messina guessed right that Cal did not miss the premiere of the first Avengers movie (which came out a year prior to Flight 828’s April 7, 2013 departure), while Melissa Roxburgh admitted that, living as she does in a bit of a pop culture vacuum, she didn’t know if Michaela got to see John Travolta introduce “Adele Dazeem” at the Oscars. (Answer: Mick didn’t.)

I then asked Josh Dallas if Ben was around for Donald Trump officially announcing his candidacy for president, and he answered, “Absolutely not” — which is correct; it happened in June 2015. Showrunner Jeff Rake then jumped in to share, on a related note, that in an early Season 1 scene, Saanvi (played by Parveen Kaur) got wind that Trump was now POTUS and had a “Whaaaaat?”-level reaction.

That nod to the very real world, however, wound up not being filmed, Rake said.

As for what will happen on the supernatural-tinged drama when Season 2 touches down in Spring 2020:

Dallas said that, despite learning that the passengers have a death/expiration date of June 2, 2024, Ben for one is “not going to fully accept that it’s something he can’t find a way out of. He puts a burden on himself to find an answer to the death date, and what happened to the flight.”

On the romantic front, Rake said that Ben and wife Grace (who is quite possibly pregnant by ex-lover Danny) “become even closer in a way that we can’t even talk about yet.” As for those who ‘ship Ben with Saanvi, Dallas acknowledged that the brainiacs do have some “special” moments — at which point Athena Karkanis amusingly interjected, “Not that special!” But as Dallas observed, “What’s beautiful about this relationship is that wherever it goes, it shows a true friendship between a man and a woman.”

To deal with her anxiety, Saanvi of course started seeing a shrink, Dr. Ragier, in the Season 1 finale — and said therapist is actually the nefarious Major. Rake promised a “tantalizing” twist to the ladies’ dynamic in Episode 4.

Luna Blaise confirmed that Olive is headed for an “emotional roller coaster,” still “fixing the relationship that I have with my dad” as well as getting pulled into new kinds of drama. As Rake explained, a church has formed around the Believers and their deification of the Flight 828 passengers, and “Olive drinks a little of that Kool-Aid.”

Though Mick’s ex-fiance Jared was completely MIA from the Season 2 sizzle reel and Zeke was only glimpsed during what looks like a dream/nightmare sequence, both J.R. Ramirez and Matt Long were on hand for the panel. Forbidden from discussing who got shot during the season-ending fight over Zeke’s gun, the gents instead took turns “spoiling” one another’s “deaths.”

Though ever the hero, Ben will make some “dark decisions” in Episode 5.

“What happened?” — namely, how and why the passengers (as well as Zeke and the freshly deceased James Griffin) skipped through time — is a series-long question, Rake said. Though “by the time we get to the end of Season 2, you’ll understand a lot more than you do right now.”
X

Quote:
Rake explained that the "death dates" were a major influence of S2's character development when it picks up...immediately after the finale. "We don't skip a second," Rake said.

"That question, science versus faith," Rake explains of the warring theories behind the mysterious plight of the passengers, will be answered chapter by chapter over the seasons. Season 2 will only partially answer this debate. But it will introduce some new characters, including the unknown passenger sitting next to Saanvi (who will become an important part of the season). Speaking of Saanvi, her storyline with the Major will take a twisty turn partway through the season, according to the show creator.

A church has formed around the deification of the passengers (the Believers) and "Olive drinks a little of that Kool-Aid," Rake said. That brings up plenty of conflict with Ben, which comes to a head in the eighth episode. Rake said plenty about new characters, including a new cop in the precinct Drea Mikami (Ellen Tamaki), an edgy bartender (with hate group connections) that has romantic interest in one of the male characters, a thug Billy, a college student passenger TJ (Garrett Wareing, who is shown with a dead body in the sizzle reel) who comes into Olive's life, and more.
X

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 10-06-2019 at 02:23 PM
Old 10-07-2019, 10:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
So potentially two time jumps? They're definitely not dressed for June.

I think he needs to die, tbh. If he doesn't, the expiration dates will mean nothing. I'd rather they didn't jump to it, though. I want that period of them not knowing for sure.
I think a couple of time jumps. I agree about Zeke. They mentioned the new bartender is going to be a li for one of the men. I think it might be Zeke. I doubt either Ben or Jared are doing another triangle this season. I would love to see them move away from that altogether.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I considered it being Zeke. The bartender supposedly has an issue with the passengers so it won't be Ben, and Jared's kind of obsessed with Michaela so I can't see it being him. Plus there's more drama if it's Zeke, because she'll find out about something happening to him and feel duped.

Ben's ex is showing up, so I doubt they're moving away from the triangles entirely (I really want to be wrong). I really wish they would, though. They're never good stories.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-14-2019, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Here's Everything We Know About Manifest Season 2

Quote:
We're starting to get a clearer picture of the mystery surrounding NBC's breakout hit, Manifest. The family drama, returning for Season 2 midseason on NBC, centers on the mystery surrounding a flight that suddenly re-emerged after having been missing for five and a half years.

In the first season, the plane's passengers, which include siblings Ben (Josh Dallas) and Michaela Stone (Melissa Roxburgh), return to grieving family members who have since moved on. As they and the rest of the confused civilians face a difficult adjustment back into everyday life, they quickly discover that they're all linked by a phenomenon known as the Calling, which appears in different ways, like a voice in their heads or an irresistible urge. Even more baffling, other missing people who weren't on the plane have started to emerge, suggesting that they all might be connected to something bigger than they could have ever imagined.

Things are about to get a lot more complicated in Season 2, with the passengers believing they are living on borrowed time after what happened to Griffin (Marc Menchaca), who died in the exact amount of time he had lost when he went missing. As the gang obsesses over unlocking the truth behind this proposed death date — and that stress is exacerbated by new faces who come into the fold — there are plenty of questions that need answering. As we gear up for the upcoming season, here's everything we know so far.

New episodes arrive in 2020. A trailer released during New York Comic Con revealed that Manifest will return for Season 2 in Spring 2020.

The death date will play a huge role in Season 2. Griffin's shocking death at the end of Season 1 pushed the passengers of Flight 828 toward figuring out whether or not they only have five and a half years left to live — and if so, how they can prevent it. "It really sends them out on a detective mission, and so, Ben, Michaela and Saanvi (Parveen Kaur) are all super driven to try to solve this mystery," showrunner Jeff Rake told TV Guide.

He added, "The death date's also really important on the emotional side of the show because it forces everybody to ask the question, 'What would you do with your life if you really knew you had five years to live? What choices would you make about your relationships?' Those powerful, emotional questions really affect the relationship side of the story."

A ton of new faces are dropping by. The Manifest family will expand next year to include Blue Bloods alum Yasha Jackson as Suzanne, a dean at Astoria University and Ben's ex-girlfriend, along with Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists' Garrett Wareing as TJ Morrison, a college freshman and fellow Flight 828 passenger whom Ben takes under his wing. Plus, we'll get to meet Captain Bowers, who may or may not be Michaela's new partner, and a "cool, edgy bartender" who's romantically interested in one of the show's leading men, and who may have ties to the hate group that left red Xs on passengers' houses in Season 1.

Saanvi's ex is also headed to the show in Season 2. Manifest will introduce the person who was supposed to fly to Jamaica with Saanvi but left her broken-hearted.

"A lot of the other characters on the show have been dealing with the people that they lost, and Saanvi never really got a chance to come face-to-face with the person that she was in love with. And so, seeing that for the first time was really traumatic for Saanvi and really hard, and I think the audience is really gonna be intrigued to see what that relationship is like," Parveen Kaur explained.

TJ will share a special connection with Olive (Luna Blaise). TJ might be Ben's new pupil, but he will also become a huge part of Olive's life. "Olive caught a glimpse of TJ back in the airport five and a half years ago. She never forgot about him. But she was a little girl and he was an 18-year-old dude and now they're age-appropriate. He becomes a powerfully positive character in her life and then that story takes a surprising and dark turn in the middle of the season," Rake said.

You'll still see plenty of Jared (J.R. Ramirez) and Zeke (Matt Long) next season. Jared and Zeke ended Season 1 in a scuffle that resulted in a gun going off and their fates left dangling in the air. Ramirez confirmed that regardless of their predicament, both characters will be present in Season 2 through flashbacks. "You'll see a [side] of Jared you haven't seen before in the sense that he definitely goes down this dark path that may not have to do anything with [Zeke and Michaela]," Ramirez said.

Ben and Grace (Athena Karkanis) will be stronger than ever. We still don't know if Danny (Daniel Sunjata) or Ben is the father of Grace's unborn child, and that certainly complicates Ben and Grace's marriage. However, Rake says this obstacle won't break them apart.

"There's an unexpected mythological turn that's gonna create a surprising bond between the two of them," Rake teased. "We're going to discover that this a very resilient marriage and, notwithstanding all of the drama that we throw at them, the power of the love between them just kind of overcomes the odds."

Ben experience something that changes his way of thinking. From the start, Ben has sought out rational answers to the questions surrounding Flight 828's disappearance and the Callings that have connected them. However, it looks like he'll open his mind to other possibilities next season.

"There are events that lead up to this that slowly start to shift his thinking," Dallas said. "By the time we get to episode eight, there is something major that happens where Ben can't ignore things. He can't keep going on the same path that he's been going, because it's not working for him anymore. He can no longer ignore what is happening. He's gotta start looking at things differently in order to go forward and help find the answers to the mystery and to hopefully stop this death date."

Manifest returns for Season 2 in Spring 2020.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks.

Leigh Tumblr