Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2019, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's definitely intriguing. It has to be connected somehow. The freezing temperatures makes me think maybe to Zeke, though? Maybe something happened to those people at the same time it happened to him?

Quote:
I am very intrigued by him as well. I wonder if he is a good guy or if he might have ulterior motives.
I'm open to him having ulterior motives, but I hope not.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-23-2019, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At this moment I can't think of a theory yet. I have to see some of him.

I think he can have some ulterior motives as well so I am cautious when it comes to him and I hope Mic and Ben will be too. But I hope he is genuine good guy.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There has to be something bigger going on, maybe something the major caused?

Yeah, we have to be cautious with him for sure. I hope we can trust him, though.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-23-2019, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

I am hoping he is a good guy. But we will have to see.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He seems as much a victim of whatever has happened as they are.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-24-2019, 04:28 AM
Elite Fan

I think so too.

My biggest questions that I think we might find it something in the next 4 episodes:
  • Has the Major has known about this kind of phenomena for 22 years?
  • Did Fiona and Daly time travel?
  • Are Olive’s nightmares during those 5 years a clue to finding out what happened?
  • How do the blood markers factor into the Callings?
  • Do the Believers have anything to do with the Callings? And are they going to play a role down the line with the one passenger who we saw in 10?
  • Is Danny part of the conspiracy? (I think not after this week.) Or is he finally out of the picture now that Grace has said she does not want to be separated? (Other than offscreen rock climbing with Olive)
  • Will Jared break it off with Lourdes or just continue to float along waiting for Michaela to tell him to do it?
  • How will Zeke affect Michaela and Jared if at all?
  • Where’s Leo? Does his disappearance around the 2 year mark when the Stone Family lived ones started moving in a coincidence?
  • Does the Major have Kelly’s body? And what have they found out from it?
  • Is Paul’s amnesia significant?

My biggest questions that will probably be series ended:
  • Why did the plane disappear? Not the Dark Lightning how but why was it orchestrated or did it just happen?
  • And were those passengers targeted for a specific reason? Or just a coincidence?
  • And why did the plane blow up?
  • Is the Major really the big bad or just protecting the country from something more sinister?

Last edited by Austenphile; 01-24-2019 at 04:43 AM
Old 01-24-2019, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Did the major find out about the phenomena or cause it?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

9 'Manifest' Theories That Will Make You Rethink Everything

Quote:
Manifest is a show about time travel that just recently doubled down on time travel possibilities in the most recent episodes. Captain Daly trying to re-create the storm and saying, "See you in 2024," suggests that he'll time travel again, and then Zeke, who wasn't related at all to the plane. also time traveled a year after being trapped in a cave during a blizzard. Much of this show makes no real life sense, which is why the best Manifest theories are also the ones most likely to make your head spin.

But time travel does open the show up to a lot of possibilities. The Major could be a future version of a passenger, characters we thought died may not actually be dead, and the plane may have saved the lives of everyone on board when it jumped the time/space continuum. Other theories suggest that seemingly believable characters may actually be super shady (looking at you Danny and Zeke), and that you can never 100 percent trust what you think you know.

And if you think you maybe sorta kinda know what's happening on Manifest, these theories will shake all that up for you.

1. This Is All The Bermuda Triangle's Fault

As TV Guide noted, Jamaica isn't that far from the Bermuda Triangle. Perhaps Flight 828's flight path to New York went through the ill-fated area?

2. Blame The Aliens

Logan Snyder posited on Geeks that aliens took the plane and kept the passengers in some sort of hypersleep, which is why they didn't age. Perhaps the shared consciousness is a result of alien experimentation.

3. Captain Daly & Fiona Traveled Through Time Again

Raise your hand if you believe Daly's stolen plane was shot down by the government. No one? Good. One theory is that Daly was able to again jump time by flying into the storm the second time. We'll likely see them again — maybe in another five years. After all, the creator has a six-year plan for the show according to Collider. Five years for Daly to be gone, and one year to resolve the aftermath. Makes sense.

4. Vance Isn't Dead

The TV rule is — if you didn't see them die, they might not be dead. NSA director Vance was just starting to get intrigued with Ben's theories about Flight 828 and the government's involvement. Perhaps he faked his own death in order to throw suspicion off himself and investigate in peace?

5. Zeke Is A Plant For The Major

Zeke may be acting like he time-traveled for a year, but Reddit user luvprue speculated that the Major could be using Zeke to get on the inside circle of the Flight 828 passengers.

6. Danny Is Shady AF

One Twitter user theorized that the Major could be Danny's wife who he said died. He met Grace in grief counseling and quickly attached himself to her family. Since then, he's refused to back off even when Ben came back. There has to be something more to his story, and one Reddit user suggested the shadowy man Cal drew in his family portrait is the shady existence of Danny. Another pointed out that Danny had to thad to have tipped the Feds off that Grace and Ben switched cars. Don't trust the supposedly unconnected nice guy, that's all I'm saying.

7. The Major Is Michaela Or Fiona In The Future

Reddit user caltordith pointed out that both Michaela and the Major are wearing similar necklaces. And since, as KellyKeybored noted, the show is being narrated by Michaela — but in past tense — it seems like there is a future version of herself involved in all this.

But there are also theories on Twitter that the Major is Fiona post-time travel with Daly. Shared consciousness was her idea, after all, and the meteorologist who knew about the storm was found dead after Ben spilled the details to Fiona. Shady shady.

8. Everyone On The Plane Was Going To Die

But traveling in time saved them. KellyKeybored also theorized on Reddit that the government could have experimented by putting people on the plane who had already died, and seeing if time travel past their dates of death could have saved their lives. It worked for Cal, and it could have worked for other people whose death dates were in the next five years. Talk about a Holy Grail.

9. Michaela Is Pregnant

Maybejustmolecules wrote on Reddit that Michaela could be pregnant with Jared's baby from before she got on the plane. Creator Jeff Rake told The Hollywood Reporter that the first season takes place over the course of six weeks, which would mean Michaela wouldn't necessarily know yet that she was pregnant. The Reddit user theorized that the Holy Grail isn't Cal, but Michaela's baby who would have only been forming at the time of the time travel — making the child very special.

Each new episode of Manifest drops a new bombshell that brings with it even more questions — so the theories are only going to get wilder. Fans are just along for whatever ride Rake is taking us on.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-28-2019, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, that is fascinating stuff! I was leaning towards the government or some shady corporation that the government is in cahoots with, wanting to use Fiona's research for nefarious purposes. For "national security" and all that crap.
#9 does fascinate me! That never entered my mind at all. I really thought that Cal was the "Holy Grail" they were looking for. Because his callings could be considered powers, in a way. Not only is he seeing the future, he is feeling it-his hand was freezing-literally-when he was seeing Zeke in his mind-THAT is well, WEIRD! FEELING what someone else is going through...
But a "time travel" baby-now that's something that really could be the "Holy Grail" too. I keep expecting Indiana Jones to show up every time someone utters that phrase.

Last edited by HemsyFanatic811; 01-28-2019 at 06:34 PM
Old 01-30-2019, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
But a "time travel" baby-now that's something that really could be the "Holy Grail" too. I keep expecting Indiana Jones to show up every time someone utters that phrase.
This is an expression used today to describe a great discovery of something important. Like someone who finds that cure for a specific disease; would be said to have found the Holy Grail of that disease. Also, if someone did something similar in their profession; they would be said to have found the Holy Grail for that profession; whatever it maybe. In the case of the show; they're probably talking the Holy Grail of neuroscience.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
#9 does fascinate me! That never entered my mind at all. I really thought that Cal was the "Holy Grail" they were looking for. Because his callings could be considered powers, in a way. Not only is he seeing the future, he is feeling it-his hand was freezing-literally-when he was seeing Zeke in his mind-THAT is well, WEIRD! FEELING what someone else is going through...
I want someone to have been pregnant on the plane, but preferably not Michaela.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-31-2019, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Which brings up the question, was Cal the only kid?
Old 01-31-2019, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, we saw other kids with them when they got off the plane.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-31-2019, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

I thought so. And yet Ben has not mentioned reaching out to other parents so I wondered if they dropped it after the Pilot and made Cal the only kid.