Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Manifest General Discussion: Conspiracy theories, love triangles, guest stars and more

M A N I F E S T
General Discussion
Old 12-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for starting

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!!! Good idea!
So what do we discuss first? Danny? He's a problem. What do you all think the writers will do with him?
Old 12-10-2018, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

I personally think Danny is a plant sent to get close to the Stone women to keep an eye on Olive because she knew Cal was alive.

But he could just be pushy, not respect boundaries, and too self-centered to walk away when Grace asked.

If he is not a plant, I do not know what they are going to do with him. I cannot imagine his embracing Cal’s callings should he and Grace get back together. And I do expect Grace to eventually accept they are happening with Cal, regardless of what happens with her and Ben. Maybe the callings will kill Danny if he finds out.

Last edited by Austenphile; 12-10-2018 at 04:53 AM
Old 12-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess that depends on if Olive was publicly vocal about knowing that Cal was alive. I also think it's possible that he came into it in the creepy grief support group way that he did but has been asked to keep inserting himself into their lives in order to report back.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-14-2018, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

So crazy general theory. I have been bouncing around this idea that when the show is over there will be a reset in Jamaica where they either choose to get on the original plane. Or they will be sent back in time to the point where the turbulence happened and land on time. But with all the knowledge they learned from the alternate timeline or they were in a virtual reality simulation, and would go back to their original vacation. But I really started thinking about why it was happening when I read someone else’s theory on twitter about why their being sent ahead to learn something. So my theory can either be sci-fi (AU/VR) or faith (It’s A Wonderful Life/Scrooge).

Before the flight, every passenger had a pressing issue. They get to see what happens with that issue when they are not around.

Michaela was mad at her parent’s interference, having issues forgiving herself over Evie’s Death, withdrawing from Jared and maybe even Lourdes in her guilt. When she was missing, she lost her mom. And Jared moved on. But she helps Evid’s Parents and realizes that Evie’s death saved a young man’s life.

Ben was so consumed with Cal’s cancer that he was neglecting Olive and not being the emotional support his also grieving wife needed. Cal gets cured but he loses his relationships with Olive and Grace because they find someone who offers them the emotional support they need.

Cal was worried about dying and not growing up with his twin. He gets saved but his family falls apart, and he no longer has the same relationship with his twin or his friends.

Saanvi was consumed with her research. It works. But she has no social life and starts to develop friendships with the Stones.

Fiona was obsessed with the collective consciousness. The government starts using her research as a potential weapon

And to a lesser degree, the others have cause and effects:

Thomas/Bethany worry about the hate crimes and Leo’s and Thomas’s safety. Leo still disappears.

Kelly has a life built on others pain. She realizes the truth, tries to change, and gets killed by her maid she had previously mistreated.

Radd worries about being a single father. His son gets arrested for a crime he did not commit.

Harvey is a loud obnoxious drunk. His drinking indirectly leads to several deaths.

Autumn is a con woman. She is blackmailed by the government.

So when it ends, the plane lands on time. Saanvi still saves Cal, but realizes their is more to life than work. Ben shows attention to Grace and Olive and supports them. Michaela embraces her parents advice. And marries Jared.

It may be a reach that they were sent ahead to learn a lesson and the callings are helping them learn for a do-over. But I cannot stop thinking about Grace’s quote from the Pilot. And how she personally has not followed it so it must be a clue.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The only real issue with that, is that if they go back to the start at the end, they'd need to film it now because Jenna and Jack will grow up. That would mean the cast already know, and they keep saying that they don't.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-15-2018, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

That is where I get hung up. So unless they film something between now and the end and say it is for a Dream, it is unlikely to happen. Or they just reuse scenes with the kids and frame the adults differently.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe they could film multiple endings now?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I personally think Danny is a plant sent to get close to the Stone women to keep an eye on Olive because she knew Cal was alive.
This is a good theory; but the reverse is also true. What if Grace has been a plant all along? Even though she's a cook; she could've been a secret agent this whole time for either the US or a foreign government; with the mission to observe the passengers and study them overtime. If so; the bearded scientist we saw on the phone telling of the emergency move from the farm to Redhook, could've been Grace on the other end
Old 12-15-2018, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That wouldn't make any sense. If Grace was a plant she wouldn't have kicked Ben out, she'd be keeping him and Michaela there.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-15-2018, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

I don’t think Grace became a plant at 18, then had twins with Ben, just so she could have one get sick so they would go on vacation and then her husband would volunteer take a later flight for money for a treatment trip and be experimented on.

I could see her spying for Vance like Jared was supposed to do. Or being duped by someone into spying.

And like BlondeLeigh said, kicking Ben and Mick out would defeat her purpose.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
If Grace was a plant she wouldn't have kicked Ben out, she'd be keeping him and Michaela there.
Quote:
And like BlondeLeigh said, kicking Ben and Mick out would defeat her purpose.
True guys; unless Grace's handler's decided to focus their attention more on the children of the flight and not the adults. What better way to get the neccessary results, then threw kids
Old 12-16-2018, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

That theory would imply that Grace had children just so they could be experimented on in the future. And that she really was not worried about Cal in episode 6. It makes no sense for her to meet Ben just so she can run experiments on her kids 20 years in the future.

I think Grace is just a grieving mother who is being used to isolate Cal and Olive. Not part of it.

Last edited by Austenphile; 12-16-2018 at 07:31 AM
Old 12-16-2018, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And that she really was not worried about Cal in episode 6.
It's not that hard to fake emotion. Many can do it and people can still believe them because they managed to take away everyone's objectivity to make them belivable.