Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2018, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

After watching This is Us latest episode where Rebecca deals with the aftermath of Jack’s death, I really feel we need flashbacks of Grace in the time period when she kept the “sad museum” and mourned and hoped for Ben and Cal to come home. It would make her much more sympathetic if we saw her grieving and then moving on after a period of time.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

That pic is gorgeous.

I like Grace but I can see why viewers would not find her sympathetic, flashbacks of her grieving, keeping the sad museum would definitely help.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope that's something we'll eventually get.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-11-2018, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm finding it hard to be sympathetic. I guess because she did hide the truth. I don't feel there was a need to hide it. Her having someone else when she thought her husband was dead, is perfectly understandable. The trouble is the longer you're dishonest about something like that the worse it feels when the truth come out.

I am glad she's finally been honest, but really he should have been told right from the start before having to stumble over the truth later on.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Here’s where I stand regarding Grace. She’s conflicted. She loves both of them. Danny is easier right now but she knows the right thing for the family, especially Cal is to be with Ben. However, being with Ben means opening herself up to refeeling all the hurt. But she has got to quit saying things like she is cheating on Danny with her husband. And she has to completely cut Danny out of her life or completely break with Ben before I can sympathize. She cannot keep telling Ben she’s committed to him and then act otherwise when he is not around.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Passionate Fan

I too hope we get to see Grace dealing with loosing Ben and Cal. She did a wonderful job raising Olive. She's been shown as a good mother. I think, with time, she will do what is best for her family.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Here’s where I stand regarding Grace. She’s conflicted. She loves both of them. Danny is easier right now but she knows the right thing for the family, especially Cal is to be with Ben. However, being with Ben means opening herself up to refeeling all the hurt. But she has got to quit saying things like she is cheating on Danny with her husband. And she has to completely cut Danny out of her life or completely break with Ben before I can sympathize. She cannot keep telling Ben she’s committed to him and then act otherwise when he is not around.
I agree she should decide, and not act one way in one situation and the other in another. I get that she's conflicted. She needs to make the decision based on what she wants/needs and not on how she thinks she should feel. I hope she decides and doesn't keep both men uncertain of what she wants.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely agree, and she needs to be honest until she figures it out.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-11-2018, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like her and the actress-but I think you are right-flashbacks are needed to make her more sympathetic to the viewers. I understand that after 5 years, she would feel that she had to move on. And, in time, I assume we will find out if she really loved this other guy and how deep that love was. I feel sorry for her too.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's an incredibly difficult situation, but lying was definitely not the right thing to do.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-14-2018, 06:06 AM
New Fan

Does anyone think Danny might not be a guy?
Old 10-14-2018, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Grace called him a man.

I did wonder before that.

Last edited by Austenphile; 10-14-2018 at 07:28 AM
Old 10-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Grace called him a man.

I did wonder before that.
The thought had crossed my mind as well. Until last week's episode aired.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought so too early on because they didn't show the name of the perosn she was texting in the Pilot but now we know it's a man. I think they are hiding his identity for a different reason, maybe he's somehow connected to what happened or maybe he'll appear later on and be kind of a stalker bc Grace chose Ben over him.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I initially considered that, but he's confirmed to be a man now.

Leigh Tumblr