Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2020, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] 2x10 - “Course Deviation”

Airs March 16, 2020 @ 10/9 central

When Grace's pregnancy complicates the pursuit of a calling, Ben finds himself working alongside an uneasy new ally. Michaela tries to make amends with Jared, and the X'ers set their sights on Zeke.

sneak peek #1, sneak peek #2, sneak peek #3, promo photos

Old 03-17-2020, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

Just finished watching the episode a second ago:

I'm glad that the X'ers are no longer a threat.

Welcome to the word baby Eden!

Adrian was a passenger who used to believe that the passengers were gods, now he thinks that the calling are evil? Hmm. Maybe there's two callings, one for evil and the other for good?

I liked how Adrian showing up at the right time helped save Grace and the baby. That was a really nice tie-in.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WOW-great ep! Loved it! I was in awe of Josh Dallas and Athena and Jack and Luna!!!
Kudos to all!!! I was in tears.
So much happened...I'm glad the Xers thing is over-without a leader, they will not last long. Jared using Zeke's kidnapping to get the leader there was brilliant on his part. The Captain saying "He'll be ok" I was thinking which one? Then she said they BOTH will.
Adrian and the shadows-creepy. The shadows were in Cal's room...scary-he turns the light on and they're gone! I have no idea where the writers/creator are going with this-I hope they know. It's fascinating stuff. Adrian saying they're helping bring the apocalypse...I don't think that's what's going on. Or that the callings are "tricking" them into thinking they're doing good, when they aren't. Just because he said that-doesn't make it true. He is looking on the dark side of things.
Good to see Mic and Jared on the same page and the air has been cleared. Loved their backstory-the proposal in the park was so sweet! I love Zeke but Jared and Mic were robbed of their happily-ever-after.
Naming the baby Eden...hmmm...interesting. IF this turns out to be an alien thing-Eden will be the bridge, I guess. The shadows could be aliens who don't know how to communicate with us and only the people caught in this black lightening can see the shadows. Maybe the shadows are the people that were on the boat long ago...idk-fascinating show tho!
Old 03-18-2020, 09:18 AM
New Fan

That was a good end to the Jard/Xers plot. It could have been poorly written, but I'm glad it wrapped up, and it ended well enough.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like this season’s block of episodes from 2.07-2.10 has been phenomenal. Every time I think an episode is my favorite, the next one outdoes it.

I love the Ben/Adrian clash is on again. Except this time Ben is on the side of the Callings being miracles while Adrian is sure they are bad and manipulative. I can’t wait to see how the dichotomy plays out. Would Grace have eventually needed that Dr saved even if she hadn’t fallen? I suspect yes, as there were hints of an issue when Dr Elbaz looked at the Ultrasound after the car crash. But I love that it’s open for interpretation

The scenes with Ben and Grace at the hospital discussing the baby were heartbreaking and well-acted. I especially loved the scene where Ben was telling the baby to fight. And love the name Eden

The twins were so cute making a guide book and then bam! we revisited that first shadow Calling picture only now it’s much more ominous. And apparently Adrian is also having it.

I like the resolution to the Xer storyline. It was a nice action sequence. My only complaint is the story with Simon/Erika was initially tied into Ben/Grace so I’d rather the resolution involve the two of them rather than Zeke, as much as I like Zeke and Jared saving his life was a nice touch.