Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2020, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

[Episode Discussion] 2x09 - “Airplane Bottles”

Airs March 9, 2020 @ 10/9 central

As a storm rages outside the Stone home and anxieties boil over inside, Olive frantically searches for meaning in a centuries-old text. Meanwhile, Michaela faces unexpected scrutiny at work, and Zeke comes to Saanvi's aid when her lab research takes a dangerous turn.

sneak peek #1, sneak peek #2, sneak peek #3, promo photos

Last edited by Austenphile; 03-09-2020 at 05:13 PM
Austenphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Tftnt
derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | ʝ ạ ј ԑ 💚
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Cool calling with Ben and co. Them on the boat and seeing the 828 plane in the sky was so freakish. I'm loving the shared callings and how they're filmed. So to escape the death date you have to accept living with the callings and any attempt to get rid of them leads to....

Enter Saanvi. Poor thing! I did have to giggle a little as Zeke slowly backed-out of being tested. He was so good with her though. I'm liking this budding friendship.

I'm officially over the Xers, cop shop drama. Non of that makes a bit of sense to me. Undercover out in the open but is he? A shop with multiple Xers sympathizers? I didn't really care for the Michaela/Jared drama 1st season so that doesn't help in keeping my attention. Call me when it's over.
MsDeme70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

One of my favorite episodes so far.

Loved the Calling. I was when Olive said it wasn’t storming. Then the fact that 828 and the ship were in the same place and Al Zarus saw the plane was mind blowing. Not to mention Saanvi’s face in the journal with the “mad” sailors. Poor Grace though. Being seasick and pregnant is a terrible combination.

Michaela really got in a pickle. Her union guy an Xer. Internal Affairs Xers. It did prove that Jared is undercover AND Bowers knows. But the situation got even out of hand for Bowers. I think it makes a good B or C story running through the episodes but I wouldn’t want an episode to focus on it.

Speaking of which Saanvi, Zeke and the serum has been interesting. But an episode focusing on it wouldn’t be. I’m not sure where they are headed with Saanvi, an insane asylum, death, regaining the Callings, or riding off into the sunset with Alex. I did think there’s no way she had cured the death date and the Callings this easy into the series. Having it be accepting the Callings means your life or death keeps the series with real stakes because it’s personal and not all or none. So it depends on how each individual views them.

The promo had me so I can’t wait for next week.
Austenphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:06 PM
Princess Of Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDeme70 (View Post)
Cool calling with Ben and co. Them on the boat and seeing the 828 plane in the sky was so freakish. I'm loving the shared callings and how they're filmed. So to escape the death date you have to accept living with the callings and any attempt to get rid of them leads to....

It was great to see Cal back and to have what he saw on the plane explained. I guess, the plane passed through some kind of time rift.

Quote:
Enter Saanvi. Poor thing!
I like Saanvi. I hope she sticks around but I wouldn't be surprised if she dies by the end of the season.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Mixed feelings for me. I loved the shared calling between Ben, Grace, Cal, and then TJ. Very interesting and it was great to see Cal. And yes, Mind Blown over the plane being the "silver dragon"! Fascinating stuff.

I'm very worried about Saanvi-kinda scary. Loved Zeke doing what he could to help her. He did a great job. I have no idea what's going to happen to her. Hope the old drawing was wrong.

I did not like the whole Michaela and Jared thing-If Jared/Captain are investigating the Xers then they should have known that some were in the IAB and then Mic
's union rep is one of them-it's just too much. Michaela needs a new line of work ASAP. That would also get Jared out of her life. Or let both of them quit the force and become freelance investigators.
HemsyFanatic811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:37 AM
New Fan

I'm confused about the Jared/Bowers plot. Is he undercover to stop the Xers from doing things to 828, or are he and the captain wanting to see the 828ers stopped but not violently like the Xers?
Zatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatman (View Post)
I'm confused about the Jared/Bowers plot. Is he undercover to stop the Xers from doing things to 828, or are he and the captain wanting to see the 828ers stopped but not violently like the Xers?
Yeah it's very muddled and to me it's makes the characters appear dumb which doesn't make for interesting antagonists. They know he's a cop but yet brings him into the fold? And then Jared naively thinking the Xers wouldn't be violent when they've thrown bricks through the Stone house, beat-up a member of the 828 church and had a pregnant Grace with Cal in the car, run off the road. The whole cop shop drama is a dud.

Last edited by MsDeme70; 03-13-2020 at 07:41 AM
MsDeme70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah it's very muddled and to me it's makes the characters appear dumb which doesn't make for interesting antagonists. They know he's a cop but yet brings him into the fold? And then Jared naively thinking the Xers wouldn't be violent when they've thrown bricks through the Stone house, beat-up a member of the 828 church and had a pregnant Grace with Cal in the car, run off the road. The whole cop shop drama is a dud.
They had to keep Jared in it somehow after they broke Michaela and him up. Yes, it could have been better written, but it was easy for the Xer's to believe he was really one of them because of the breakup with her. But, now, since he stopped them from trying to off Michaela, I assume that this part of the story is over.
HemsyFanatic811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread