Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2020, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

[Episode Discussion] 2x03: “False Horizon”

Airs January 20, 2020 @10pm

The Stone Family struggles to unlock their mysterious wave of frightening 828 callings, while the person who may be key to solving them is trapped behind bars. Meanwhile, a shocking and disturbing incident leads Grace to suspect a local mom is in danger. Guest starring Susan Pourfar, Erika Chase and Ed Herbstman.

sneak peek #1, sneak peek #2, sneak peek #3, promo pics

Austenphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Thanks. I cant wait for tonight
derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | ʝ ạ ј ԑ 💚
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Great episode! I think the Major's days are numbered. I didn't like Jared at the end. That whole bar scene made me think of the old days of the Klan. I hope he doesn't officially join those haters because of that spat he and Michala had. Glad to see Olive open up like that. Grace's calling was to help stop the haters cause before it grew. I wonder if the whole university is a part of that group? If so; Ben can be in danger. I hope Grace can still open the eyes of that lady.
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

That was a wild ride! So many surprising turns. They are not playing it safe and I love it. More later!
MsDeme70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:24 PM
Princess Of Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
Grace's calling was to help stop the haters cause before it grew. I wonder if the whole university is a part of that group? If so; Ben can be in danger.

I'm glad Michaela was able to help set Zeke free. I haven't been a fan of Jared's for awhile. I can't stand guys with self-righteous attitudes. He's so entitled, it's sickening.

I am glad that Ben finally confessed to Saanvi about the mole and that she was able to redeem herself in the end and identify the major. I really like that Manifest doesn't drag out things like that.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

Great set up episode. We see the plan to trap the Major reveal who she was so they can get that storyline to a climax. Then the people are falling in place for the next arc. The haters/Xers have ties to Ben, Grace and Jared. Olive is getting in deeper with the Believers. You can see all the stories start to come into play. 8B now has a name - Alex. Saanvi is feeling betrayed so that could go somewhere also.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

LOVED it!!! The whole ep was amazing from start to finish! Loved the ending especially - Saanvi impressed me-running her own sting op! Vance, Ben, and her working together is just fun to watch!
Loved Zeke and Michaela-such a sweet moment with their hug!
The writers have ruined Jared-it's a shame-because a GOOD triangle can be fun-now, I can't stand Jared. Michaela needed time to get her life back and figure out what she wanted to do. And all he's done is push her away by being close-minded and possessive!
Loved Ben in the classroom-he was awesome!!! It's a shame he's in danger there and gonna be spied on constantly.
Grace having visions now is very Not sure what Olive is doing...don't know if this will be good or bad. Probably bad in the long run.
Cal is sweet-always willing to help his Mom or someone else.
HemsyFanatic811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Great set up episode. We see the plan to trap the Major reveal who she was so they can get that storyline to a climax. Then the people are falling in place for the next arc. The haters/Xers have ties to Ben, Grace and Jared. Olive is getting in deeper with the Believers. You can see all the stories start to come into play. 8B now has a name - Alex. Saanvi is feeling betrayed so that could go somewhere also.
That's what I so loved about this episode! Everything and everybody have fallen into place now it's all about to take-off.

I felt sorry for Troy the lab partner. I truly think he has no nefarious intentions. But Saanvi had to do what she had to do. And she did it! In the words of Vance she's a much better spy than Ben. Now how will Alex 8B fit into the universe?

Using hindsight I don't think Jared/Michaela/Zeke was ever really intended to be a legitimate triangle. There were problems brewing in Jared's/Mick ship before Zeke came on the scene. Just the way they were handled never felt root-worthy. With what Michaela did to free Zeke I don't see any going back to Jared. She burned down Jared's castle.

I didn't like how they wrote Grace/Olive in the top half of season 1. And while I wasn't a Benvi shipper (still am not) I wasn't expecting the Ben/Grace marriage to survive. I wouldn't have been broken up had it not. But now I'm liking where they are and the importance of that unit remaining together. Ben Stone's family is the hub of this crazy wheel. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed their encounters with each other in trying to navigate these extreme circumstances they've inherited.

Excited about what's ahead.

Last edited by MsDeme70; 01-22-2020 at 08:21 AM
Old 01-22-2020, 08:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree with you all. What a great episode. So many things happened.

Saanvi was amazing. Setting up her own trap and uncover the Major all on her own.
She truly is a much better spy than Ben.
Poor Troy, he is such a sweet and fun character. I felt sorry for him, but Saanvi has to do it in order to find out who the mole was. Maybe he will come back later to help Saanvi and become a good ally.

Yay! Michaela was able to set Zeke free
Their reunion outside the prison that hug and that look omg they are falling so hard for each other.
I love that Cal was also so excited to have him back. The scene where they cook together was sweet

I didn't expect Michaela to accuse Jared in court, but to be honest, he deserves it, Michaela asked for his help and he refused and he really abused police resources and was too obsessed with Zeke. If it wasn't for his jealousy nothing of this would have happened.
If he joins the haters he will become much worse.
simy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I did groan when Grace didn't include Olive in trying to understand her new calling. Oh Grace, you know she's feeling left out and scared of losing all of you, let her in.

Gotta agree with the poster who mentioned Jared at the bar felt very reminiscent of a klan watering hole. If Jared's thinking of getting back at Mick I hope aligning himself with this hate group isn't it.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

x
Old 02-27-2020, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Great pics!
HemsyFanatic811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread