Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2020, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] 2x02: “Grounded”

Airs January 13, 2020 @10pm

Ben forms a cautious alliance with an isolated college student from Flight 828, whose callings either uncovered a violent crime or helped him commit one. As Saanvi strives to further her research into the Death Date, Grace makes a startling discovery about her pregnancy, and Olive meets a kindred spirit. Guest starring Garrett Wareing and Ellen Tamaki.

sneak peek #1, sneak peek #2, sneak peek #3, promo pics

Old 01-14-2020, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

I watched the episode this morning.

Spoiler:

Yay! Good episode, over all.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Flight 828 really missed up lives. TJ came back to absolutely no one. His backstory reminded me of the Stones coming back to a deceased mother. Which Mick kinda dealt with but Ben they glossed over that loss. It was nice to see him reflect on that connection between him and TJ.

Michaela and Zeke's connection is my favorite storyline but boy was she being hypocritical when questioning Ben's attachment to TJ. Girl, you brought your fellow time-lapser home with you after knowing him all of 1 day. Ben just wants to wait at the precinct with his.

The captain is not playing games with Mick or Jared. Love it! Not sure I quite trust Michaela's new partner Drea but I do like her.

I think the lab guy is innocent and just wants in on possible ground-breaking research. If he was working for the major (feeding her info) she wouldn't have been so surprised when Saavni mentioned the DNA enhancer and the blood marker. Of course Saavni would never suspect her therapist so lab guy is going to be blamed.

So Vance is shadowing the shadow. Love it!

Olive and The Believers....this will not end well. Gotta feel for her. In 5 1/2 years she and Gramps might be the only Stones left.

Last edited by MsDeme70; 01-15-2020 at 09:15 AM
Old 01-14-2020, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

This episode may have been my favorite of the series. I feel they did a good job tying everything together with the relationship drama tying to the mythology and the case of the week involving a passenger.

I am so glad the baby paternity is tied to the actual mystery of the show and opens up so many more possibilities about the blood marker and callings. It also makes Grace a relevant character instead of only being there for relationship angst. And gives a reason for Olive to feel disaffected and searching.

The combination of Cal/Mick/Zeke is an interesting one. Curious to see how those 3 tie into this Calling.

Not sure what to make of Jared’s current storyline or if he’s going to be more than the 3rd side of the love triangle.

Saanvi is talking way too much. I thought Troy had a crush on her and that’s why he’s pushing. He will obviously get blamed. But eventually it has to come back to Saanvi. I have a feeling Grace, the baby, Cal, Vance or some combination will be in danger due to her blabbing.

Love all the new characters. Even if I am not sure yet if I can trust Drea, she’s adorable. The new captain shakes things up which makes for better drama. TJ and Ben made a nice change of pace story for Ben. I feel TJ’s knowledge of Latin and his ability to run cross country could be important. Maxine opens up a new storyline for Olive and makes the believers relevant. Lots of potential.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi you all. Huge Manifest fan here.

Love the episode.

TJ introduction was good, poor guy, he has no one left, so happy he met Ben.

So happy that Ben is the father of the baby this open so many interesting options, so the blood marker is transferable? is the baby gonna die too?and Grace?I hope not. Cool that she's having callings too.

Poor Olive I felt so sorry for her, she is afraid she is gonna lose everyone.

Zeke taking all the blame and playing guilty.

The calling between Cal/Mick/Zeke is so interesting one. Can't wait to find out more

Good thing Michaela and Jared are not partner anymore.
Michaela new partner? She seems lovely but on this show is better to not trust anyone.

The Major is having so much informations thanks to Saanvi. Poor girl, she is gonna feel so guilty when she's gonna found out the therapist is actually the Major.

The ending: where is Zeke?

Last edited by simy; 01-15-2020 at 02:57 PM
Old 01-15-2020, 09:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I feel TJ’s knowledge of Latin and his ability to run cross country could be important. Maxine opens up a new storyline for Olive and makes the believers relevant. Lots of potential.
I don't know why but that part of your review made me lol!. Maybe he outruns the death date. Seriously, you're probably right, I definitely think his Latin knowledge will be put to use.

And I agree that all of the major players (which are the Stones basically) now have a relevant position within the mystery/mythology. Olive with The Believers will make for great tension within the family.

I wonder does the baby have the calling blood marker or a variation since Grace doesn't have the marker? And if the latter, what about a baby born of two callers? Hmmm.... Making the baby Ben's just made that SL interesting to me. That baby just might be the answer to living beyond the death date.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

The cross country thing stood out because I recently watched an episode of Loat in Space where the seemingly minor detail of a character running cross country turned out to be important.

But they did mention both things 3 different times so I feel at least the Latin is more important than merely Michaela solving the case.

Old 01-15-2020, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved this ep! Poor Zeke! Now they'll have to find him and rescue him!
baby angle-I it!
Poor Olive
What is up with Jarod? The writers have turned him into a jerk. And I don't like it or him. A triangle isn't a triangle if one of the suiters is an asshat.

I have been watching Lost in Space too! And I thought of that ep too.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

x
Old 02-26-2020, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

x