Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I found Grace's reaction understandable, especially in the context of what she said. Grace mentioned Ben went down a rabbit hole before the plane disappeared, so when he was again sharing what seem like crazy theories, she wanted him sto stop. It sounded like he wasn't there for her or Cal, at least phsyically, because he was focused on chasing answers.

Ben also kind of sprung the news on her, he should have told her earlier and should have done it under different circumstances, sitting her down at home.

The final shot of Cal: do you think it meant he was sensing what the Bulgarian person was hearing or was the woman the scientist was talking to over the phone in his room?

Quote:
Cal's connection to the missing passenger is kind of crazy, and the fact that the experiments haven't been permanently stopped doesn't look good for him - will this fever just come back when they start again?
Really depends on when they started experimenting on the passenger because they've taken the passengers over 10 days ago, so chances are it wasn't the first time this happened. Maybe Cal started sensing it now for some reason.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would be understandable if she hadn't already experienced the impossible, but she has. Jared, who has been far further away from the situation compared to her, reacted far better than her, and that makes sense because despite not being as close, he has also seen the impossible. Considering what has happened, her rejecting something that isn't anywhere near as hard to believe as what she knows happened wasn't great.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jared knew more than Grace did though, he had a lot to go on, was also approached by the federal agent, he probably speculated about it a lot already.

Grace was in the dark and Ben just sprung the news on her at the hospital while their son is in pain. All Grace saw is Ben being in the same state as in the past, when he was most likely chasing crazy theories and not being much of a support for her.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Grace is selfish and can't see anything from another person's point of view. I wish Ben would see that too.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really does seem that way right now, like she's still looking for ways to punish Ben for getting on a plane.

Quote:
Jared knew more than Grace did though, he had a lot to go on, was also approached by the federal agent, he probably speculated about it a lot already.
He didn't though. All he knew was what everyone else on the planet would know - that it's being investigated. The Feds wanting him to spy on Mick tells him nothing he didn't already know.

Quote:
Grace was in the dark and Ben just sprung the news on her at the hospital while their son is in pain. All Grace saw is Ben being in the same state as in the past, when he was most likely chasing crazy theories and not being much of a support for her.
Maybe, but she shut him down despite knowing there was a lot of reason for it to be true. She decided what he was saying wasn't valid because it didn't suit her idea of what was best for Cal. Turned out Ben was right.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-07-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jared knows more than that because they work together, besides the kidnapping case and blowing the undercover case, he also caught her snooping around on cases and data she shouldn't have in rleation to the passengers.

It's a stressful situation, her son is in pain, she has no time to process what Ben tells her and it brings back bad memories. Ben was right but Ben has all the information, Grace doesn't and I think it isn't fair to expect Grace to act like everything's fine, when her son is hurting and it looks like her husband is following what seem like crazy theories which he has done before if we go by what Grace said.

Last edited by Karma Police; 11-07-2018 at 04:21 PM
Old 11-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Neither of those things gave him more information before now. Her snooping also tells him nothing, she's involved in it, of course she wants to know, it would be surprising if she didn't.

He was trying to give her the information and she kept shutting him down. She wasn't at all willing to listen, even for Cal's sake. After what she knows for sure, there is zero good reason for her not to at least listen to the "crazy" theory. Crazy is their reality.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-08-2018, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)

It's a stressful situation, her son is in pain, she has no time to process what Ben tells her and it brings back bad memories. Ben was right but Ben has all the information, Grace doesn't and I think it isn't fair to expect Grace to act like everything's fine, when her son is hurting and it looks like her husband is following what seem like crazy theories which he has done before if we go by what Grace said.
I agree..she is going through alot. I don't blame her at all for her reactions. Her son seems to be in his death bed with the flu, and as a mother the obvious thing she would want to do is treat him for the flu. But she still trusted Ben and his judgement and waited. I only wish she knew somehow that Ben was responsible for Cal's fever going down.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully Ben and Grace have a conversation in the next episode, where he tells her everything that happened since they got back, he could ask Michaela to join them.

Forgot to mention that I found it interesting that the NSA/director Vance wasn't responsible for the disaooearance of the body and the other passengers. Makes you wonder if the people behind it are interested in experimenting on them because of what happened or if the experiment started sooner and they were behind the plane disappearing.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually wasn't surprised by that, it was too easy for him to be responsible. It has to go deeper.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

The episode felt weird without Olive there. I mean, like, seriously, I think she would want to know if there was something wrong with her brother.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That made no sense. It's ridiculous that she wouldn't want to be there.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-16-2018, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gonna get all caught up ... here we go.

Ugh, waking up in the middle of the night to your child screaming in pain with a crazy high fever. That would be the worst.

I just realized that Ben hasn't shared any of the information about the calling with Grace ... I wonder why he wouldn't.

Ugh, the translator's husband divorced her the moment she arrived back ... makes Jared and Grace look like saints.

Okay, he's opening up now ... good

I think the show needs to fill in the troubles in Ben & Grace's marriage because telling us isn't really working. It seems like he was desperately trying to save his son and they shut each other out but all the sympathy right now is on Ben ... if they want us to see Grace's perspective then they need to give us something ...

Anyway, I love Josh in glasses

Oh noooooo ... they're doing experiments on the Bulgarian man!

Do cops just get to do what they want all the time? Because it's not just this show, it seems detectives do whatever they want on a lot of shows and movies ...

Um, what the hell kind of experimenting is this?

Jared reacted better than Grace but he had two advantages ... he'd seen Michaela react to the calling and he didn't have a sick kid on the verge of potential death.

Does the NSA know? It doesn't seem like it .... so who are the people holding the passengers?

Oh my goodness, Grace's breakdown broke my heart. She's been through so much and then her husband isn't there. I'd break down, too. He really should have talked to her earlier about what has been going on.

So Vance didn't know.

Eeps ... who are these people????
Old 11-17-2018, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

I have become a big Grace fan lately. She has so much going on and been through so much. She has frustrated me. But so has Ben (and he’s my favorite) and everyone else, except maybe Cal (though the LEGO thing in 2 was pushing it). They are all wonderfully flawed characters.

From things Jeff and Josh have said in interviews and on twitter, Ben and Grace were happily married. But like any marriage, they had hit a rough patch. And it really was just Ben shutting her out while he became obsessed with researching Cal’s illness, while she needed him there with her so she shut him out. A larger version of what we were seeing happening about the callings and in this episode. I am glad he finally told her even if I understood his desire to protect her, and I understood her reaction because she was already stressed about Cal. I have more issues with his not telling her why he went to work in 7 or that he went to that lecture. I think that might cause a problem down the road because she deserves to know what is affecting her son.

Her breakdown was so sad. And then the little scene at the end where she told him never to leave her again when she needed him just broke my heart for her. We know he was doing the right thing. But she just sees herself alone in pain again because she cannot yet grasp what is going on in the bigger picture. She just does not want to lose her family again.

They are both right and both wrong.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it's not black and white, both have made mistakes and need to work on their communication. I hope Ben is going to fill her in on everything soon bc she deserves to know.