Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2018, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 1x04 - "Unclaimed Baggage"

Airs October 15th 2018 @ 10pm

When a mysterious message leads Saanvi to the flight attendant of 828, she enlists Ben's help in uncovering a secret about the plane. Meanwhile, Michaela begins to question the nature of the callings when one goes horribly awry, leaving Jared to suffer the consequences.

Promo Photos | Sneak Peek #1 | Sneak Peek #2 | Sneak Peek #3

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Netflix

Thanks! Topping this.

After all, what’s more human than the fight for survival?
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem. Thanks

Old 10-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening. I can't wait to watch.

"I am a queen amongst the Romanies. And I too, am unavailable."
Polly Gray | Peaky Blinders
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tonight

Old 10-15-2018, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

Tftnt.
Austenphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Excited to watch

Old 10-16-2018, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Another good episode. That angel was so creepy at first. It made me think of the weeping angels in Doctor Who.

Danny continues to be a part of Olive and Grace's life. I'm not sure how that is going to be resolved.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
Another good episode. That angel was so creepy at first. It made me think of the weeping angels in Doctor Who.

Danny continues to be a part of Olive and Grace's life. I'm not sure how that is going to be resolved.
I didn't like Olive calling Danny to come and get her. Since there was no real need to do so beside to cause drama. I at first thought she called Danny so she wouldn't get in trouble, and Danny would kept it a secret. But Danny told Grace. So it didn't matter. Olive should have called her mom. Although we really doesn't know Danny, I still don't trust him. He's been dump/sideline and he doesn't seem to be trying to move on.

I really like Jared. To bad he got in trouble. You can tell he still in love with Michaela, which must suck for his presence girlfriend.
LadyKatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't like Olive calling him, but I can see why she did. She feels like she's a screw up and she doesn't want her dad to know that. Makes me wonder if Danny and Grace have contributed to her feeling that way and she didn't want Ben to know in case he starts making her feel the same.

Olive did call Grace, she left a message because Grace didn't answer, I guess she called Danny after.

Jared's a good guy, and I can see that he wants to protect Michaela, but he needs to remember that he's married, and that orchestrating a situation where he's alone with Michaela isn't fair to anyone, regardless of his intentions (and tbh I am questioning if he has changed his mind about the spying thing), especially with all these feelings involved. If he's worried enough about her, could he not talk to Ben or Grace? Or her dad?

Old 10-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I didn't like Olive calling him, but I can see why she did. She feels like she's a screw up and she doesn't want her dad to know that. Makes me wonder if Danny and Grace have contributed to her feeling that way and she didn't want Ben to know in case he starts making her feel the same.

Olive did call Grace, she left a message because Grace didn't answer, I guess she called Danny after.

Jared's a good guy, and I can see that he wants to protect Michaela, but he needs to remember that he's married, and that orchestrating a situation where he's alone with Michaela isn't fair to anyone, regardless of his intentions (and tbh I am questioning if he has changed his mind about the spying thing), especially with all these feelings involved. If he's worried enough about her, could he not talk to Ben or Grace? Or her dad?
Is he married, or just engaged? I thought that he was only engaged to her best friend. He couldn't talk to Ben, or Grace because they are likely to tell him a base answer . She's good. That all they would say. They will not tell him how she is really doing because they don't know themselves. Jared wants to know , and in order to do that he must be around her. However you made a good point about the possibility of Jared spying on Michaela. He very well might have agreed to it. That would explain why he brought Michaela along on his stake out. It was to get to know her more about her after they landed. It would also explain why he didn't let her take the blame . If Michaela took the blame they would have fired her. Than he would have no excuse to be around her.
LadyKatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Manifest

He’s wearing a wedding ring. So he’s married.

I am having a hard time watching him and Michaela because he’s married.

And I want to like Ben and Grace because they are married. And at the beginning of the episode, she was all coming on to him. And she actually seemed to remember why she loved him. Then Danny had to get involved and she was getting on my nerves acting like Ben is Olive’s step parent while she and Danny are the parents. I get that she is confused. But that was just not right. Ben seems to be patient with her but she did not treating him right at all. If he does not know what “they” went through with his daughter, she should tell him.
Austenphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
He couldn't talk to Ben, or Grace because they are likely to tell him a base answer . She's good. That all they would say. They will not tell him how she is really doing because they don't know themselves. Jared wants to know , and in order to do that he must be around her.
Jared doesn't have a right to know, though. Him loving her doesn't give him an automatic right to know what's going on with her. By saying he should tell Ben or Grace, I'm not saying he should ask them to tell him, I'm saying he should ask them to check in on her. The whole situation isn't about what he wants, it's about what Michaela needs, and if what he thinks is she needs someone to talk to, he should respect that that doesn't have to be him.

Quote:
However you made a good point about the possibility of Jared spying on Michaela. He very well might have agreed to it. That would explain why he brought Michaela along on his stake out. It was to get to know her more about her after they landed. It would also explain why he didn't let her take the blame . If Michaela took the blame they would have fired her. Than he would have no excuse to be around her.
Yep. Obviously I'm hoping he hasn't, but I won't be surprised if he has. It's the main reason I'm glad she didn't tell him about their abilities like she wanted to.

Quote:
I find Michaela/Jared far easier to watch, mainly because there's clearer boundaries right now. He's not trying to have both without either of them agreeing to it, like it seems Grace is, which for me makes it far more uncomfortable, especially when there's kids involved.

Quote:
And I want to like Ben and Grace because they are married. And at the beginning of the episode, she was all coming on to him. And she actually seemed to remember why she loved him. Then Danny had to get involved and she was getting on my nerves acting like Ben is Olive’s step parent while she and Danny are the parents. I get that she is confused. But that was just not right. Ben seems to be patient with her but she did not treating him right at all. If he does not know what “they” went through with his daughter, she should tell him.
Their being married doesn't really factor into it for me. Her being so conflicted and not being honest about that stops me from rooting for them as a couple. He deserves better. Their kids deserve better. Even if she ended it with Danny, her answering his call after that (because she likely didn't know it was about Olive when she answered) isn't a good sign. She hasn't let him go, and he can see that, so he won't go anywhere.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I got that too.

Quote:
I didn't like him even before we met him. Even through text messages, oh my god, was he really pushy.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:41 PM
Moderator Manager

So I found it odd that Ben & Grace were so sweet in this ep so I was sort of expecting it when Grace lied to Ben (again!) because she was talking to Danny at the other end of the line. I think Olive called Danny because she didn't want Ben, her real father, to know what happened to her. Their scene was my favorite of this episode and made me teary-eyed. UGH. I love Ben & Olive so much.

Saanvi continues to be amazing and I'm glad that she, together with Ben & Michaela & Bethany were able to help that stowaway.

Major props to NBC for the diversity & inclusion which I've been noticing since the 1st ep.

Quote:
Saaaaame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
He’s wearing a wedding ring. So he’s married.

This. I have nothing more to add really except for her to just be honest to her own husband and to stop lying.

"I am a queen amongst the Romanies. And I too, am unavailable."
Polly Gray | Peaky Blinders
L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread