Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I love dogs & cats but I'm more picky about the breed of dog. I think because I'm so used to having border collies since that's all I remember us having (we had another dog when I was really little but I don't remember it at all). Then living in the city I know better than to keep a dog which needs room to move around so I'd be conscious of that so I'd probably get a cat over a dog for that reason too. Of course first I'd have to find a pet friendly place to live which is also within my price range but that is close to impossible

Both the dogs are Border Collies Eme, just different colours . I think they come in lots of different colours but the most well known is the black & white. We've had a few over the years & all but Sophie have been the black & white or black & white with a bit of tan. Tessa was also the runt of her litter so she's a bit smaller/looks a little different to Sophie because of that too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

sucks that you cant find a place to have them on your budget

we have like 1,000m² of land so the dog is happy with it and the cat stays in, he's my baby and he likes his comfort so he stays home and he's a chill cat he likes cuddles a lot so i'm happy with it (Ninja)

with bf we like living out of the city but i miss the activity of a city but we couldn't afford that kinda of house in the city

I want a smaller dog next but not too small bc he will have to deal with the big one too lol!
Old 02-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Smart cat to stay indoors. Much nicer to be in Cute cat too

Would you be able to get a house with land in the city if money was no question? Its nice to have land for the animals, then its also nice to be away from the city I think. Here I don't think you can get much land with your property until you get out of the greater city area so it'll take at least two hours to then get into the city centre

Maybe go with a medium sized dog so they can deal with the bigger one still?

Unfortunately I live in a more upmarket part of the greater city area so high expense for very little space. Add in that I'm in a low paying industry & its not a good combo. If you want 'luxuries' like pet friendly or even air con which to me should automatically be installed in all homes you need to pay even more. I have what isn't quite a 1 bedroom or a studio as its got three rooms (kitchen/dinning, living/bedroom, bathroom/laundry) & already that's half my weekly pay or maybe just under. I saw a place online last night though that is meant to have air con, 2 bed, & a really good location, but is only about $15 more than what I pay. My first reaction was 'what is wrong with the place' as normally just 2 beds would be at least $100 more without air con. The place had no pictures of it in the listing though which only adds to my suspicion

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-05-2019, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Miss you both
Old 02-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chelle, we could afford a place with a land but today we have a house that is on two level, the first that is two garages (for the two cars), wine reserve, a small bathroom with just a toilet and a shower and a small room that is around 130m², then we have the first level that is the main house with a kitchen, a livingroom/office, 3 bedroom with one masterbedroom and a bathroom with shower and bathtub that is around 130m² too with a land of 1,000m²...
in the city we could afford like a 90m² place with 2 bedroom and one garage and a land of like 300m²...and it's a small city, in a big city it would be a tiny appartment with no land...

did you ask infos on the place? here no A/C at all, it's a big luxury to have it but we don't need it where i'm from, we need more heater than A/C lol!!! but i imagine for you, it's like basic
what are you looking for as places? bigger or pet friendly?

i understand about the money, we pay around 900€ per month to buy the house which is around a third of me and my bf pay and since he doesn't have a job, no more pay so it's like 45% of my pay so it's a lot to take in with the rest of our expenses...we have between all taxes and stuff like 2,500/2,700€ expenses per month...and that's when everything is okay no extras and stuff... and I'm paid like 2,200€ per month...
Old 02-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

ah it being a small city makes sense then that it'd have some land. I think even here though small cities don't have much land

Sounds like what you have is far better than what you could get in the city

I want pet friendly & having an actual 1 bed place could be nice too. I'd rather that than a studio anyway. But my main thing is pet friendly. A/C is foolishly a luxury when it shouldn't be as we need it far more than we need heaters. But I also feel its a lot easier to get warm than it is to cool down
I haven't asked about the place, but it is open for inspection on Saturday so I'll try to go to that & look for myself what it is like & if its pet friendly

unfortunately the cost of living & actually what you get paid isn't always in alignment. Those amounts don't seem too bad at least but still seems to be cutting it close if not going over with only your income? at least you can buy the house though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-06-2019, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Hope everyone is having a good week!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-06-2019, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

yes in city, it's more expensive for less places, we live outside of a small town so we don't have public transportations, movie theatre, big malls... it's a small place with just the necesary stuff (doctors, pharmacy, bakery, bar, school,...) and to be in a medium city, it's arond 20min and big city it's over 1 hour drive
i like where we live bc we don't have neighboors, it's land with cows and cereals fields for farmers so it's quiet

i hope you get to find that place where you could have your pets and not too expensive for you

we manage and thanks to a big raise in my salary in late 2017, we're better now and can somehow live only on my salary!
Old 02-07-2019, 12:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That sounds like a wonderful position
I live in part of Sydney so being one of the major cities of Australia, a bit busy, & takes a while before you can get anywhere with land or anything like what you described. It still would take me at least an hour (using public transport since I don't drive) to get into the actual city center though

Salary rises are always good

My week isn't too bad. How about yours Ash?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-07-2019, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really is a big binge of a day watched 6 episodes of Legacies and already on my 4th episode of Charmed
Old 02-08-2019, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Chelle yes it's not bad, just wish we'd had a mall of something like that for shopping spree lol!
Old 02-08-2019, 12:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes! More malls should be provided for the shopping sprees pity life doesn't work that way

I managed to get a bit of study done today so now only have to finish 3 more questions to be able to submit my work by the deadline (18th) . It was nice to have a bit of a break from the room too but then makes it hard as I couldn't give a full picture about the childrens' days for the parents but they at least were understanding of what I could give them
Unfortunately something happened between my room leader & one of the parents. They've decided that their son & my co-worker don't mesh. But hey at least she likes me & thinks I get on with her son

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ladies

Feels like this week has flown that its crazy its already Friday
Old 02-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

what do you do with the kid? are you liek a teacher?
Old 02-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm an early childhood educator . By qualification I'm not classed as a teacher as I don't have a teaching degree, but the term teacher still works . Its close enough. At the moment with my current qualification I can only be an assistant working with any age group between 0-5 years in an early education service (E.G. preschool, or you may call it daycare but I hate that word as it makes it sound more like babysitting). What I'm studying will allow me to be a room leader but it still won't make me legally a teacher. Regardless of the term though I do teach children, currently children aged 3-4 years

Chelle » join GTmy art