Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2018, 05:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Charmed - "Let This Mother Out" (1.02) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Oct 21st @ 9PM)

Charmed | 1.02 - "Let This Mother Out"
Original Airdate: October 21, 2018 @ 9PM

x

Episode Summary
After getting a message from the spirit board to not trust Harry, the sisters are conflicted
and ultimately concoct a plan to see if he is telling the truth. Desperate to believe the person
warning them is trying to protect them, they end up going against their better judgement.
Harry soon realizes that the sisters are up to no good and tries to help before it's too late.
Meanwhile, this new sisterly unit is not fully unified, with Mel and Macy struggling with who's
the real big sister and Maggie caught in the middle.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-19-2018, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Title wthout even reading the synpsis has me intrigued

OK the summary gives me hope for the episode especially that last piece
Old 10-19-2018, 06:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The summary gives me hope but I can't help but feel like there's so much in the summary that it seems pointless to watch as they've almost told us exactly what's going to happen . Maybe I'm just too used to short episode descriptions

I'd already seen what the title was going to be before I went to put up the thread so I already have had the questioning/intrigue on that part

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-19-2018, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea the summary was a little TOO much information agreed
Old 10-20-2018, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I’ll just not read it then
Old 10-21-2018, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think it was a better episode then the pilot, thats for sure. It was tighter and not as all over the place.

They seem to have the best grasp on Maggie thus far Her scenes work the best thus far. The sex scene was funny, I will give them that but I would've preferred if this happened later in the season when I actually knew Maggie better.

Will the lab always have an ingredient that they need for a spell?

Glad that they had some tension between Macy/Mel and I hope this isnt the last we see of it after this episode. I am glad that they are bringing up Macy not feeling like a sister. They havent done "The Power of 3" spell in this show but hopefully this effects the strength of whenever they have to pair up for a spell.

This old ass switcheroo plot though? They just happen to have the same exact container (a bit different sizes but still). OG Charmed did a similar episode with a truth spell but I like how the OG did it with it actually being a spell instead of a potion that gets mixed up instead of backfires due to personal gain. Spells were a big part of the original but it doesnt seem like it will be here which is a shame, especially the fun spells.

Harry is still way to involved in the sisters witch lives and staying safe, especially when they want this show to be ultra feminist.

I admit that I freaked out for a hot minute when they "summoned" their mother via the board. It was way to fast, doesnt need to happen for at least until the end of the season if not S2 (doesnt mean they cant travel in time) but climbing out of the spirit board effect....not needed, just looked bad. Thank god they have Harry and technology to save them.

Why is everything so dimly lit in this show? Everything has been so dark. Is it because Vancouver is always dismal?

I really hope that they dont face The Source at the end of the season.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:48 PM
Absolute Fan

I ranted last week about how I felt the cliffhanger was 'cheap', and while it's not a storyline I would've personally done two episodes in, the way it ultimately resolved itself ended up working, largely because it brought M3 closer together.

The 'imposter demon' ended up being a better 'MotW' than the foes they faced in the pilot, and the episode didn't feel nearly as rushed.

I have a feeling that the "symbiote demon"/Harbinger of Hell that was introduced in tonight's episode in the background is going to end up being the season's "Big Bad", and so it'll be interesting to see what happens, especially since it looks like it might have chosen Angela Wu as its "host".

I continue to really like Macy's character, although I didn't quite understand what was going on with her and Galvin and why she ended up needing to apologize to him during the denouement of the episode.

The truth serum gag that they did with Niko was a little cliche, but it also worked because they didn't make a huge deal out of it and just played it straight, and the fact that it contributed to some character development for Mel was a pretty big bonus too.

If I have one complaint about this episode, it's that the whole "mom bong" thing felt unneeded and out-of-place and just 'tacked on' as an attempt at giving Marisol Vera some depth but without actually giving her much depth.

Overall, I thought this was a stronger episode than the pilot that didn't have as many issues and set up some pretty intriguing storylines for the future while also getting M3 on the same page and truly bonding them as a trio, which is something they're most likely going to need going forward.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-21-2018, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Loved this episode!

So happy this show is back!

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois

Last edited by baelfire24; 10-21-2018 at 09:36 PM
Old 10-21-2018, 09:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really like this episode. I am glad they Marcey finally let it all out about feeling like a outsider, and wondering why her mother gave her away. Finally, they were being honest.

I also like that the girls didn't trust the board, and didn't trust Harry. I thought this episode was better than the last, but there is one thing that bother me. The girls didn't want to use the name Harry out of fear he might show up uninvited so they call him "Megan Markles", when they should have just refers to him as Potter (as for Harry Potter). If Mel made the truth potion for their white lighter Harry, than why did it wound up working on Nico, Mel 's girlfriend? Is it possible that Nico is the girls real white lighter? Or could she be a demon!

I know that this episode ended with the spirit from the spirit board supposedly being a demon and not there real mother. But Harry never drank the truth potion, and the fight scene between Harry and the demon mom seem staged. The girls walks in just when Harry was fighting the demon. If they left there mom there it would be nothing for Harry to get rid of their real mother 's spirit and replace it with a demon to ensure that the girls never use the spirit board to talk to their mother again, and to establish that they trust him.

I also believe that one of the girls's friends will be a demon. Just like in the original Charmed when they found out that their neighbors were shapeshifer demons after the book of shadows.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:15 AM
Passionate Fan

So far its pretty good. Looking forward to later episodes.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:49 AM
Absolute Fan

@LadyKatherine, the truth serum wasn't tailored to work on any one specific individual, so the gag of the thermoses getting switched and Niko drinking the serum was there just to add some levity to the episode and some depth to Mel's character.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-22-2018, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

This episode felt more like the original Charmed.

The sisters make a plan. Something goes wrong. Hijinks ensue.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
@LadyKatherine, the truth serum wasn't tailored to work on any one specific individual, so the gag of the thermoses getting switched and Niko drinking the serum was there just to add some levity to the episode and some depth to Mel's character.
I notice that the thermos were switch, but I want to point out that Harry never drank the truth serum, and although their mother 's ghost turn out to be a truckers demon, they really shouldn't completely trust Harry.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Loved it! More than the first episode. All the bonding and fun, and Harry's especially hilarious! Why would he show up every time they say Harry And yet, they still managed to put political digs in about presidential tweets and brexit! 10/10
Old 10-24-2018, 01:55 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Maggie is cute feeling jealous of her sisters' powers & then trying to use the gloves to block her powers. Pity her plan didn't work - she has a bad power though until she can learn to control it & block people out

wow the truth serum leaves poor Niko saying everything which comes to mind. I like that they've done their own thing with this while still taking from the original series

this episode is an improvement from the first one

I'd love for them to be able to do things on their own without the need for Harry so much

Looks like we're going to keep getting 'cliff hanger' endings

Chelle » join GTmy art