Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Charmed - "Ambush" (1.20) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs May 5th @ 9PM)

Charmed | 1.20 - "Ambush"
Original Airdate: May 5, 2019 @ 9PM

x

Episode Summary
With the Elders feeling that their lives are still in danger, the sisters and Harry
band together to try and stop the evil that is happening. Mel and Maggie become
concerned when Macy starts to tap more easily into her demon side. Meanwhile,
Niko and Mel seem to be in a good place until Mel messes it up.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-05-2019, 07:04 PM
Graphics Team

Yes they seriously need to remove Macy's demon side. It's really getting out of control. I am glad though she actually broke the needle. I literally thought after all that though she was going to change her mind and want to remove her demon part too.. but I guess not.

Wait so.. Hunter is more powerful than the Elders? I thought the Elders were pretty powerful? Or maybe he did do something to become more powerful.

I'm not sure how I feel about things now. What is with this going back and forth with Mel? First Niko, then Jada, and now Niko again? It's like the writers think she apparently has to be in a relationship.
And I liked Mel/Niko, but then I started really liking Mel/Jada, even more tbh. So I'm just not sure what to think. Though I know people might hate me, but I honestly didn't really like Niko that much to begin with.

I felt kind of bad that Macy didn't get any gifts from their mom though, when Maggie and Mel did.

Also holy crap.. that ending.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-06-2019, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

great gifts from their mother, Macy's the most useful I think even if it isn't from her mother per se
Old 05-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

How was it the Charmed One's fault that Tessa died? She died protecting a charge?

Interestingly I find Macy's 'sick of doing everything' comment a bit like things Prue has said when under demonic influence...

Oh good they figured out something was up to Lucy...

Creepy evil Macy

I'm not surprised Greta found the ring suspicious. Its a bit of a noticeable thing to suddenly be wearing...

"You already broke up her & Geta once before" that's one way of making it seem ok for Mel & Niko to be together again

6 Elders left? was there hardly any of them or were they just all killed very quickly?

Glad Macy was able to fight through & then break the needle. Guess to take from the original "blood is thicker than evil"... or there's something powerful in that space? that works too

Interesting room & gifts from their mother, & Macy having the necklace the whole time. Personally I feel like she did give Macy the gift, but via her father when she was still a child so it'd protect her earlier on.

Hunter of course still got the last say poor Elders

Valid point Charity. Someone does need to kill you... you better run & hide...

I'm glad Mel told Niko the truth as she deserves to know the truth, especially before they try putting them back together as it seems they want to do. Its better she knows now instead of finding out later. Now if they do put them together at some point, the truth is already out there & can't come between them at some point. OF course the whole Harbinger thing (which I presume the ending was) may cause some trouble with that...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Graphics Team

I have not been watching this, but my wife has, and I was in the room when she was watching this episode and I really liked that moment where one sister hurt another but then seemed to come back to herself? The gifts seemed interesting too. It looks a bit like a sisterly bond can keep people good or as you said Chelle, blood is thicker than evil.

I'll admit I have only seen bits and pieces of various episodes as I couldn't get into it so probably watched three episodes before stopping but this show looks confusing and complicated to me. The original never had that, while this seems to have all these layers and if I question anything my wife starts rattling things off or tells me I am better off just not questioning things. Are they going up against multiple evils? Is there are a better thread to ask questions in? A part of me wants to try again and I imagine my wife will not have problems sitting through it again with me if I did but then I also wonder if it will be too complicated for my liking that it is best to leave it alone.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I hope that it is saying that her sisters & the necklace can keep her good we'll see... I liked that part of the ep too

hmm it has a lot of layers but I feel they're connected? They just don't reveal everything at once so you need to keep watching to understand it all. It possibly helps to be able to sit & watch all at once so that may help, yes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-19-2019, 12:30 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
It possibly helps to be able to sit & watch all at once so that may help, yes
I might try that then if Phoebe wants to sit and watch it again. I did not see any of the latest episode but I heard her yelling at the TV and get annoyed with it so maybe it is better I stay away.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

there were valid reasons to get annoyed with that ep, but I'd still say give it a chance . Just think, you then could have something to yell at too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

I just got into this show yesterday and I'm already on this episode! It's so addicting. Each episode is so so intense..that it feels like a season finale. lol..and I'm like wait, it's not, there's more!

I was hoping to get your help with a song in the back ground. During minute 20, when Nikko is confessing that she's in love with Mel, there's a song playing in the background. Do you guys know what that song is or where I can look to find it? The music on this show has been amazing, it's made me discover so many new artists! Reminds me of One Tree Hill from back in the day.

The lyric to the song is this (from what I can make out)

I got nothing left
If I never knew you I would never be lonely
I stand where you were
How far will you get before you forget someone
Trying to remember who I was before I loved you

What do you want? What do you want from me?
You make it harder to breathe.
If I never knew you I'd never be lonely.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

It is a rather addicting show. Once you start, you have to finish the season asap.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-12-2019, 03:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Nice that you're getting into the show & already watched most of it Hope you continue to enjoy it

Our affiliate has some information about songs from the first few episodes here, & you may also find some on tunefind

The song in question though it doesn't appear anyone has found the answer. I can't find it either

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

^ Thank you for that! Yeah, I looked for it everywhere..nothing yet. It's such a good song.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Graphics Team

From what it looks like to me when I searched.. it says it's "Half A Heart" by Twin Taurus.
But I'm not sure who they are or where you can even hear/see the full song.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 06-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Never heard of them or the song before.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 06-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I saw that listed on one of the sites I linked to but couldn't find what that song actually was so was wondering if it was even real

Chelle » join GTmy art