Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you Kristi, I'll try that tommorow and report back, lol.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Believer
I don't know if there is a way to convert a bmp file to a jpg or gif file, but if you have a programs like Photoshop, Paintshop or other programs involving graphics, you should be able to save the picture in jpg or gif without the colours being messed up.
I don't have those programs but thanks anyway. Actually, I realized the colors only get messed up if I save it as a .gif, so as a .jpg it's fine.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Addicted Fan

I have a question. I found a great pic that I think would make a great texture?/filter? (not sure really which is which)

How do I take something and make it into a filter/texture/brush. I'm sure this gets asked alot sorry.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodicWays
How do I take something and make it into a filter/texture/brush. I'm sure this gets asked alot sorry.
Are you using photoshop? If so, do everything you want to the picture that you want and then flatten the image. To make a texture, you just save the picture and open it again and incoporate it in future works (that's true for any program.) At least, that's what I do. To make it into a brush, you need to go to (Ah, I don't remember which menu. I think it's the third thing over), then Define Brush. Click OK to whatever comes up and then you have your brush. A filter, as far as I know, involves a lot of math, is kind of complicated to make, and I don't really think is what you want to do with your picture.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 03-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Danke
Old 03-30-2005, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

does anyone know where I can get some PSP tutorials? Just general PSP tutorials
Old 03-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Passionate Fan

is there a tutorial to start making fanarts and wallpapers with photoshop? I have this photoshop and I wanna try to create some Felicity fanarts but I don't know where to begin? Thank you...
Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 AM
Elite Fan

I'm curious where I can download this font? I guess it's a font, the heart, not the actual lettering. It's so cute and I see it used alot. Thanks in advance people!

Old 03-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

I would also like to know where to get that heart.

And if someone could help me figure this out, I'd appreciate it alot.

That lighting effect down the left hand side.... how'd they do that?? I've been trying to figure it out for about an hour now. Is it a brush they set to 'dodge'? I have PSP7. Any explanations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SATC
Old 03-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I would also like to know where to get that heart.

And if someone could help me figure this out, I'd appreciate it alot.

That lighting effect down the left hand side.... how'd they do that?? I've been trying to figure it out for about an hour now. Is it a brush they set to 'dodge'? I have PSP7. Any explanations would be appreciated.

Thanks!
1.) The heart is probably a brush, and I know for a fact that 100x100 Brushes has lots of different little things like it if you search through the posts a bit. Sorry, I don't have any more specific links handy.

2.) I believe that effect is either a blur brush or a gradient, and those can be found here and here --hope that helps.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 03-31-2005, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

This might sound dumb, but I'm learning so bare with me, but how does one apply a brush in PSP7? Is there a tutorial somewhere that I could look at.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~
This might sound dumb, but I'm learning so bare with me, but how does one apply a brush in PSP7? Is there a tutorial somewhere that I could look at.
First, get a pic to practice applying a brush to then..

Go to "Veiw" click on "Toolbars" make sure there is a checkmark in "Tool Palette" checking this should bring up a new toolbar to the side, in that new toolbar, click on "Paint Brush." It should be right below the "Dropper." This should bring up another box. Click on the paint brush with the little black arrow or the "Brush Types" button, check custom. This should pop up another box, click the drop down arrow and choose a brush, click ok, and add it to your picture. You can play around with the numbers to change the size and opacity and stuff. Hope this made sense.

SATC
Old 04-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Elite Fan

As always, thanks Michelle, I'll try it and see what I can do tommorow when I get home.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

This is probably a stupid question but sometimes when I try to add text certain letters won't type out and my toolbars will disappear like those letters are controlling the function and I can't figure out which button to push to stop this.

.icon.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

just wondering how you do the effects on these two avs/icons, is it just a brush or is there a techinique to it?