Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the input, all. And if you have any ideas, don't be afraid to bring 'em to the "counter"!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Absolute Fan

I like the idea of some opening post banners, as well. For the threads that are frequently visited, I think it would be a cute idea. Maybe you could post a sign-up for the threads you wanted an opening post for, and then individual people could choose which thread they would like to design. That way, you'd have a lot of variety and many people could participate.
keep no score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Brit: Thanks for your comments! Rella and I were thinking just that about artists could pick their own thread to design. I think it would very fun to do.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Mask (View Post)
I like the 1 VS 1 idea Tina
I this idea.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great! I am glad everyone likes the 1 vs 1 challenge!

Rella and I plan to do this after LIMS2 is over!
Old 05-23-2009, 05:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

How about a thread with non-fanart artwork? Maybe there´s already one but if there is i couldn´t find it.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Patrick: What extactly do you mean? We have non-artwork threads all over the board. Do you have a specific thread in mind? If so, feel free to ask us to make sure it hasn't been started yet.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Tina - (View Post)
Patrick: What extactly do you mean? We have non-artwork threads all over the board. Do you have a specific thread in mind? If so, feel free to ask us to make sure it hasn't been started yet.
I mean a thread for artwork that´s not based on something from popculture (that´s what fanart mean, artwork that´s based on a musician, actor, movie, video game or something else the artist is a fan of). The photography thread for example is a thread for artwork that´s not fanart (photography could be fanart as well, if you take a photo of someone dressed up like a character from a video game or a movie then that would be fanart too). I was thinking about a thread like the photography thread, but for blends and other things.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Patrick,

We don't really know what you mean with what your asking. Could you give us a sample of what you mean so we can understand it bettter?

Thanks,

Rella and Tina
Old 05-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Patrick means art work not containg celebrities, TV Shows/Characters etc. Or I could be wrong.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Mask (View Post)
I think Patrick means art work not containg celebrities, TV Shows/Characters etc. Or I could be wrong.
Yes, that´s what i mean. Maybe the real meaning of the word "fanart" have been distorted somehow and now some people use it for all forms of artwork and that´s why they don´t understand what i mean.

Here´s wikipedia´s definition of fanart: Fan art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As it is now i don´t see any thread to post things like drawings, paintings, sculptures, abstract digital art, digitally created landscapes or any other form of "original" art (artwork that´s not based on a celebrity, TV show, movie or any other form of popculture).

Here´s an example to clarify further, this is a banner i made a while ago. This should not be called fanart since it´s not based on a character from a movie, a TV-show, or a celebrity etc.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Patrick: I got what you mean now. We do have a drawing + painting (thread), vector (thread), and we also have an Off Topic Fanart (thread).
Old 05-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Tina - (View Post)
Patrick: I got what you mean now. We do have a drawing + painting (thread), vector (thread), and we also have an Off Topic Fanart (thread).
Ok, i guess the "Off Topic" thread was the sort of thing i was searching for. No wonder i couldn´t find it, noone have posted in it for over a year.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it was pretty dead. Also, unfornuately, when Jessie did the Board Guide she didn't add it. So, I'm going to go ahead and add it.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Anyone have any thread ideas? No matter how silly they may seem!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top