Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2014, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I started making FanArts about ten years ago. I had Gimp,Pain Shop Pro I had Photoshop and now I work with Photoshop Elements. My first graphics were okay but you saw the transitions between the pictures in a signature or a header for a forum.
And I practised the coloring of Icons and it got better.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great to hear your story
Old 09-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

This is quite long...

I guess for me it all started in 1996 when my family got it's first windows computer ( we had a mac, then dos one for a bit beforehand) . I think in1997 my brother got photoshop 4 and put it on the computer. He was doing art at school so it was for that. First thing I ever made was a drawing of baby spice using the pencil tool. I unfortunately learnt that day the importance of saving as the computer froze I lost my picture. Anyway 2 years later I started really using it by making covers for my school subjects with my bro. Then I tried making art like my brother for a few months and he was making desktops so I tried that using random celebrity pictures i have most of them still. Then I remember finding a msn group that was making fanart so I joined that and made banners (mostly of lindsay lohan because she had alot of nice well phoographed photos) and I thought it was hard fitting stuff in the space if a banner (as my stuff so far had been very large). Then I joined a home and away forum and pretty much made my first icon ever so I could have my own avatar. Then I just kept making icons over the years and yeah it just goes on but that's the start.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign

Last edited by Marki; 09-11-2014 at 02:18 PM
Marki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought I'd bump up another old thread for new discussion!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 06:27 AM
Moderator Manager

I don't remember when exactly I started playing around with Photoshop, but I think it was around 2002 and I only started it because LJ had so many icon challenges and I wanted to participate. I started off with some Angel The Series icons (very bad ones ) but it's fun to see the evolution of them over the years
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's great to hear your story Si. I had LJ too
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread