Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by kitkath07:
<STRONG>Can anyone post a step by step process on how to combine 2 photos to make them look like a single photo with a different background?

For Jasc Paint Shop Pro or for Adobe PhotoShop 7

...Thanks</STRONG>

Look back on page 1 for the Stellar Dreams site. The tutorial there looks really great. Or, you can just click here to go directly to that part [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Vincent K. Fans
Old 06-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Absolute Fan

hey

ok im lost [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

in one of the turitials, it says open photo in jasc, umm what is jasc, sorry i am soo bad on computors, [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img], this is to make an avatar & fanart

[ 06-23-2003: Message edited film fan ]

[ 06-23-2003: Message edited film fan ]
Old 06-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Total Fan

jasc is the company that makes PSP, so if you go into your start menu it would say Jasc and then within that directory would be Paint Shop Pro and Animation Shop and such.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Çherié £u£u: I don't know any Animation Tutorials but I know ImageReady Tutorials, if you still want it let me know...both program are different.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

Hey everyone!

I have an avatar question - how do you get the border around the word, like in the avatar below, with Jasc Animation Shop?

[ 06-28-2003: Message edited earthling47 ]
I love you.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:37 AM
Loyal Fan

To do the border around the letters you have to do that in PSP. If you want a blue border (example), you open a new image and colour it blue. Then choose the letters, check the box that says 'floating' and then go to selections, modify, expand and then choose how many pixels you want.
Hope I've been of help. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2003, 01:32 AM
Master Fan

Oh, you need PSP. That sucks, because I only have Animation Shop. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Oh well, thanks for the help!
I love you.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ooo, this is the best thread ever! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I've been using Photoshop for quite a while now and I thought I knew the necessary bits and even some advanced stuff. But when checking out the tutorials posted here I was like "OMG, you can do THAT with Photoshop?!" [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

So um... Are there anymore? I've kind of gone through all tutorials posted here... [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I'm specifically looking for one tutorial on how to make skin sweaty/oily/shiny. Please?

Pretty please? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 07-05-2003: Message edited Concrete ]
Old 07-05-2003, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Does anyone know of any good tutorials for head swapping for PSP?
Old 07-09-2003, 02:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Çherié £u£u:
<STRONG>Does anyone know where they are tutuorials for blinkies?</STRONG>

i found a really good blinkie tutorial online a while ago...Blinkie tutorial

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 07-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Does anybody know how to get the dotted lines around an image like this one below. I wanna do something like this for my next layout.

-Justine
Old 07-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Total Fan

ok this is a really "duh" question but I am photoshop illiterate. So help please!

How do I do text like this?

I use PSP by the way.

What font is that (Redensek?) and how do they make that black border around the text? I tried adding a "stroke" around it but then all you could see was that and not the inner color.

[ 07-13-2003: Message edited btvsrocks ]
Old 07-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

I was wondering how to get the whote fuzzy stuff around the pictures like in this art:

(it was made by esmo btw.)

u see how theres the white stuff around all the pictures. how do i do that??

edited to say: i think i know... is it the lighten thingy? the white hand and then lighten? if not then i still wanna know what it is... lol

[ 07-15-2003: Message edited Angel_Demoness ]

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 07-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by btvsrocks:
<STRONG>What font is that (Redensek?) and how do they make that black border around the text? I tried adding a "stroke" around it but then all you could see was that and not the inner color.
</STRONG>
My best guess about the font is actually hooge 05_55. I regret my computer crashed and I lost the font and I can't find it anywhere online. But asked on the Font Find thread [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for the border around the font this is how you can get that. Open Paintshop pro and add the text on. Make sure you convert the layer to raster and the go to Effects&gt;3D Effects&gt; Drop Shadow. And the attributes should be as follows:
Opacity: 100
Blur: 0

And this actually requires 4 similar but not quite, steps.

Step 1:
On the left where it says "offset" make it look like:
Vertcal: 1
Horizontal: 0

Step 2:
Go back and change that offset to:
Vertcal: -1
Horizontal: 0

Step 3:
Vertcal: 0
Horizontal: 1

Step 4:
Vertcal: 0
Horizontal: -1

That should create your border:

[Angel_Demoness] - I am not sure exactly how esmo did it, but you can acheive the same effect by duplicating the layer and flood filling it with white. Then you go to the layer palette and make the opacity of that white layer around 50 (or however you like it.) Then just paste that whole thing onto a white backround and start erasing the top layer [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[Antarian Pixie] - All you have to do for that is use the lasso tool on the tool bar (the one that looks like a rope) and trace what you want to have that line. And when you have the dotted lines, hit the Printscreen button (prtSc) on your keyboard and paste that as a new image. Then the lines should stay [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-15-2003: Message edited BuffyAngelFan04 ]
Old 07-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks BuffyAngelFan04, for the bordered text!! I had been wondering about that for motnhs!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thankies!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread