Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Extreme Fan

PuReDrEaMeR05

My thoughts on your question:
If often see people mistaking 'blending' for 'putting pictures next to eachother and leaving the border of the pictures there'. I know it's difficult at first, ... but even I figured it out!

I've been making fanart for a couple of years now and it took me a while to figure it out too. Actually, there's not really anything to figure out, but it just seems that way.
Reading your post, it looks like you're on your way to get there.

Blending is done with the eraser tool. At least I do it like that, (you can also use the close brush, but I would recommend eraser). You just make sure the pictures are all in a layer and start errasing the stuff you don't want on it.

To make the images actually 'flow' into eachother ... it's a matter of placing them right + good erasing.

placing them right:
shuffle the layers around. untill you got them where you want.
- do not put them too far away from eachother! there will just be this huge gap, it will look wrong.
- you may want to look at the colors of the pictures. blending with a darker background in your picture can make it easier.

good erasing:
- your eraser should have the normal 'round' form (don't use the square'd thing ... it just makes it more difficult)
- I always set the hardness of the eraser on 0.
- let's say you're blending two pictures of a face ... then you can erase the background of ONE of the pictures (obviously the one that's above the other) and leave the other one normal.
- GOOD ERASING should be done carefully. You have to make sure you don't erase anything that you still want (like a part of a face, it's ugly!) but there really shouldn't be too much crap left either. Try to go close enough to the face, there shouldn't be weird borders around!

Also, and this is just a general thought about the pictures and such
- don't try to use too many pictures in a blend. start simple with blending two pictures into one art and then when you really got a hang of it, use more.
- adjusting the color often makes the blending easier. at leats for me.

I don't know if this helped ... even a bit. But I'm willing to elaborate and help more!
Old 06-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Thanks so much greetvdm That helped with the eraser problem.

Do you or anyone else happend to know how to get this sort of fading look onto images?

Like here - Made by Forced To Die
Old 06-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

This may not make sense and there may not be a certain way to do this, but I know some people make textures for their fanarts. Can someone explain to me how to make one?

( ex made by Thia )
Old 06-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Extreme Fan

this isnt really a how do you do it question.. but a how did i do it question if that made any sense....

when i click my rectangle tool, and try to make a rectangle, it only lets me make squares.. like its a set size or something.. i know its probably a simple button i pressed or something.. but how do i get rid of it so its not set.. ( does that make any sense ? )

"The are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it."<3
/<3
add me!!
Old 06-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Living Dead Girl
This may not make sense and there may not be a certain way to do this, but I know some people make textures for their fanarts. Can someone explain to me how to make one?

( ex made by Thia )
I just play around with multiple textures, effects, colors... and don't be affraid of multiple layers I'll keep my eye out for a tutorial though

Quote:
Originally posted by LovinLafferty_23
this isnt really a how do you do it question.. but a how did i do it question if that made any sense....

when i click my rectangle tool, and try to make a rectangle, it only lets me make squares.. like its a set size or something.. i know its probably a simple button i pressed or something.. but how do i get rid of it so its not set.. ( does that make any sense ? )
This is for PsP7 right? If so go to your Toggle Tool Palette (aka Tool Options Palette) in your toolbar (View -> ToolBars) and change the settings.

Quote:
Originally posted by PuReDrEaMeR05
Do you or anyone else happend to know how to get this sort of fading look onto images?

Like here - Made by Forced To Die
Do you mean how the images blend and fade into one and other or are you talking about the softness of them?

The softness is pretty simple. Make a new layer. Then go Effect -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur. I use about 3.00. Then go to your Layer Palette (Layers -> Properties) and reduce the opacity to the amount you feel is adaquate. I'd normally do from 25 to about 45.

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
ok, so, i have a question for all you fanart masters. let's say i wanna make a manip of two people kissing. how would i go about doing that? because, it would be really hard to match up the lips and such. i don't know, it just seems like it would be really hard. so, if anyone's got any advice, that would be great
It depends on what type of pictures are you talking about... screencaps? profile images? But it would be difficult if the images aren't say in a kissing motion.

Last edited by justsmile; 06-05-2004 at 11:18 PM
Old 06-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Extreme Fan

justsmile when you say just change the setting.. wheres that ?? its probably right in front of me .. but my brain has been fried by finals studying so.. bare with me

"The are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it."<3
/<3
add me!!
Old 06-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by justsmile

Do you mean how the images blend and fade into one and other or are you talking about the softness of them?
About the blending and fading into one another.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LovinLafferty_23
justsmile when you say just change the setting.. wheres that ?? its probably right in front of me .. but my brain has been fried by finals studying so.. bare with me
Okay First go to View -> Tool Bars.
Then click on Tool Options Palette.
Then the palette 'should' pop up.
Click on the tool you want to us then in the Tool Options Palette. ( also known as the Toogle Tool Palette and in the pull down menu) select the options you want.
Mess around with it... the Options Palette changes for each different tool you select.

Quote:
Originally posted by PuReDrEaMeR05
About the blending and fading into one another.
Add new layer. Then select your eraser... in the "Tool Options Palette" mess with the settings. It's best to Click on "Build up Brush" and put your Step to "1".
I'd lower my opacity and hardness (probably from 30-60ish). I'd keep my density at '100". And make the brush as Large or as Small as the picture you need.
Then go to the overlapped picture and slowly click by click remove what you what you want so it blends into the next picture.
You might also want to go to the Curser and Tablet Options under the "Tool Options Palette" and mess with that. I normally click on the "Use Precise Censors" and "show brush outline"

Example I did this reallly quickly to show you. If you take your time and mess around with it, you should get the hang of it.

If you have any more questions be sure to ask
Old 06-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by justsmile
I just play around with multiple textures, effects, colors... and don't be affraid of multiple layers I'll keep my eye out for a tutorial though

Okay, thanks! ^_^
Old 06-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Extreme Fan

justsmile thank you thank you thank you !! .. sorry i was kinda slow yesterday so i didnt understand

/<3
add me!!
Old 06-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Extreme Fan

made by *joie*

how do you do that color-ish thing and the white-ish part in the middle ?

/<3
add me!!
Old 06-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

New thread
Old 06-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

closing now.